• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Avalugg/Mallow Mill (Post Guardians Rising)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hello, everyone! I just thought of an evil synergy-Mallow and Steam Siege Avalugg. In case you haven't seen the Avalugg from Steam Seige, (you probably haven't) here's what it does:

Stage 1. Avalugg HP:120 [W]
Evolves from Bergmite

[C][C] Crunch 30
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to the defending Pokemon.

[W][W][W] Melting Floe
Discard the top three cards of your deck. Then, for every [W] Energy card you discarded in this way, discard the top three cards of your opponent's deck.

Weakness: [M] x2 Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

I was thinking that this would make a vicious mill deck, discarding a guranteed 6 cards from your opponent's deck per turn is craaaazy. You can win in ten turns, except you run out of Mallows and VS Seekers turn 8, though, so we have Bunnelby as backup to keep the mill going for another few turns. Also, with reserved ticket, you can discard 9 (nine!) cards from their deck per turn, when you flip heads (I know, I know, coin flips suck, but I had to do this). This deck also focuses on disruption in the form of Hammers and Delinquents, in order to shut your opponent down completely. Since Mallow uses your supporter for the turn, we have to rely on Items for the deck engine, so I decided a Wobbuffet would be good for the Deciduplume matchup. I'm also using 2 Tapu Leles because Mallow is absolutely key to the deck. Okay, here's my list:

Avallow

Pokemon (14)

3x Avalugg
3x Bergmite
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
2x Bunnelby
1x Wobbuffet
1x Manaphy-EX

Trainers (36)

4x Mallow
2x N
1x Delinquent
3x Ultra Ball
4x Dive Ball
4x Trainer's Mail
4x VS Seeker
4x Crushing Hammer
2x Energy Recycler
2x Reserved Ticket
3x Aqua Patch
3x Exp Share

Energy (10)

10 Basic Water Energy

I think the deck engine really needs help, please give me suggestions!

EDIT: I need a good item based engine, this list is baad!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take out 1 Trainers Mail for another Manaphy EX (since most decks with Manaphy EX have 2). Also, you could replace an aqua patch and EXP. share with 2 enhanced hammers (a special energy removal).

Also, this deck is a good idea for your opponent to lose a lot of valuable cards.

Running this many items in a deck that can't attack is quite dangerous in a post garb meta, sadly. I think mill decks in general are going to suffer greatly.

Running this many items in a deck that can't attack is quite dangerous in a post garb meta, sadly. I think mill decks in general are going to suffer greatly.
That's very true. However, we could just discard all their energy :D

Yeah but you ultimately use items to make that happen (either hammers or vs seeker > tfg) and as long as they can draw into a psychic energy on their turn somehow they're going to drop a trashvalanche on you. At just 120HP Garbodor enters 2HKO range after 3 items are used, there just isn't a way to really answer that in a mill deck that heavily depends on items for both getting to WWW for your mill attack and items to disrupt while you're getting there. You might get one Avalugg up and running but having a second is going to be really sketchy due to that high energy cost.

The WWW cost is doubly problematic when you account for Lele and Espeon being two of the most likely partners for Garb. Espeon will OHKO with psychic if you have the 3 energy attached and Lele will OHKO if she has 3 attachments and you have 3. So you don't really have much of an option to play a slow game when you see Garbodor either.

The fact that Garb encourages more shuffle and less hard draw also really hurts mill as a strategy.

Considering you wanna discard energy to be able to mill, you should probably run more energy.

Back