TCG Fakes Ninja Penguin's Text-Based Sets- Island Attack! Mystical Melemele Now Complete!

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Delibird is broken
You're completely right. Just fixed it.
Basic\Melemele Buzzwole\HP 130\Grass

buzzwole.gif

Ability: Pulverize
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Melemele Pokémon, apply Weakness for that Pokémon as ×3 instead.

[G][G][G] Fell Stinger 70
If the damage from this attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokémon, during your next turn, this Pokémon's Fell Stinger attack does 50 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: [R] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
14/50 R
Buzzwole developed their muscles to survive in another world. They flex them to intimidate their opponents.
Basic\Melemele Grimer\HP 60\Dark
088-a.png

[D] Crystal Shards 10
If the Defending Pokemon retreats during your opponent's next turn, the new Active Pokemon is Poisoned.

[D][C] Poison Touch
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [P] -20
15/50 C
Grimer were supposed to solve a trash problem, but they quickly became invasive.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Melemele Grimer\Melemele Muk\HP 100\Dark
089-a.png

Ability: Garbage Absorb
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, this Pokémon gets +20 HP.

[D][C] Dangerous Alchemy 20+
Each player discards one of their Benched Pokémon. If you discarded an Evolution Pokémon, this attack does 50 more damage.

16/50 R
Muk in Alola have developed an addiction to garbage. Their color changes based on the garbage they eat.
I was considering Buzzwole as my CaC entry for this month, but I decided Alolan Muk was better. Speaking of that, Alolan Muk will be edited into this post once this month's CaC is finished. For now, you can find it here.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

I'm back! I haven't found enough time for this recently, but I'll try to get back into these sets. I may never end up completing them, but I'll get as far as I can. For now, I'll just try to work on finishing Mystical Melemele.
Basic\Melemele Popplio\HP 60\Water

popplio.gif

Ability: Clown Around
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, flip a coin. If heads, switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon.

[W] Trapping Bubble 10
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance: [R] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]
17/50 C
Popplio attacks its foes with water balloons created from its nose. This is said to throw its opponents into hysterical fits.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Melemele Popplio\Melemele Brionne\HP 80\Water

brionne.gif

Ability: Uplifting Dance
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may turn 1 of your Prize cards face up. (That Prize card remains face up for the rest of the game.)

[W] Brisk Bombardment 20+
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, this attack does 30 more damage.

18/50 UC
As this Pokémon dances, it creates a beautiful set of water balloons around it. By the end of the dance, it will have flooded the room it is in.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Melemele Brionne\Melemele Primarina\HP 130\Fairy

primarina.gif

[Y][C] Ancient Song 30+
If a different Primarina used Ancient Song during your last turn, this attack does 30 more damage for each Primarina in your discard pile.

[Y][Y][C] Sparkling Aria 100
If the Defending Pokémon is Burned, remove all Special Conditions from that Pokémon. Then, search your deck for any 2 cards and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
19/50 R
Primarina must train their voice every day, to be sure their singing is perfected. If they don't train, the may lose all their skill at singing.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

In my opinion, Vullaby is one of the most interesting Basic cards I've ever created. It also has a fun contrast with Mandibuzz, which is nice. The Poke Finder is here to create some nice consistency for decks.
Basic\Melemele Vullaby\HP 70\Colorless

vullaby.gif

Ability: Bone Protection
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[C][C] Hop Around 20+
If the Defending Pokémon has a height shorter than 2', this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance:
20/50 C
Since it can't fly, it is vulnerable to attacks. It protects itself with bones gathered around its posterior.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Melemele Vullaby\Melemele Mandibuzz\HP 120\Dark

mandibuzz.gif

Ability: Bone Shroud
If the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon-GX.

[D][D][C] Aerial Dive 50
If the Defending Pokémon has a height taller than 6', flip two coins. If either of them is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Retreat Cost:
21/50 R
It circles in the sky looking for Cubone, its favorite source of food. When it finds one, it grabs it off the ground and swallows it whole.
Trainer\Item
Melemele Poké Finder

200px-Sun_Moon_Pok%C3%A9_Finder_artwork.png

Search your deck for a Pokémon of the same Island as a Stadium card in play, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

22/50 UC

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

These are an interesting batch of cards. Bagon and Shelgon help get to Salamence more quickly, with high power evolution attacks, while Salamence unleashes destruction on the board. The are all balanced out, however, with Bagon relying on two coin flips, Shelgon having a horrible ability, and Salamence potentially damaging its own side of the board. They tend to keep attack themes across the line, which is nice. Also, they have nicer Pokédex entries than usual, so be sure to check that out.
Basic\Melemele Bagon\HP 50\Dragon

bagon.gif

[R] Attempted Flight
Flip 2 coins. If both of them are heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and an Energy card and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W] Indiscriminate Headbutt
Flip a coin for each Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's). If heads, place 1 damage counter on that Pokémon.

Weakness: [N] x2 Resistance: [L] -20
23/50 C
Because they cannot fly, Bagon go partially insane, attempting to destroy everything around them. When they evolve, they become much more mellow.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Bagon\Shelgon\HP 80\Dragon

shelgon.gif

Ability: Motionless
If this Pokémon has no damage counters on it, it cannot attack or retreat.

[R][W] Explosive Evolution 20+
If Shelgon evolved from Bagon this turn, this attack does 50 more damage. If Shelgon did not evolve from Bagon this turn, this Pokémon does 50 damage to itself. Then, search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon.)

24/50 UC
Shelgon can survive without food or water for long periods of time. How they are able to do this is unknown.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Shelgon\Salamence\HP 140\Dragon

salamence.gif

[R][C][C] Gushing Flames 60
Flip a coin. If heads, you may discard a Stadium card in play. If you do, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If tails, both Active Pokémon are now Burned.

[R][R][R][W] Complete Destruction
Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads to each Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's). (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Retreat Cost:
25/50 R
Because Salamence can fly, they are always excited. Sometimes, they will become so excited that they will burn an entire city down.
P.S. If you are very astute, you may have noticed that the Vikavolt line has mysteriously disappeared. While I was planning future sets, I realized that it would be best to remove Vikavolt, since it is a Totem Pokemon in Ula'Ula. You will see it again when I get to Ula'Ula. Until then, it will be erased from the historical record.
P.P.S. Mystical Melemele is now 50% complete!

NinjaPenguin

These are a strange batch of cards, that were more based upon balancing the metagame rather than being that special in their own right. As they were designed, however, they started to take on new purposes. Arcanine is a pure power attacker with a special hatred of GXs and opponents playing an Island themed deck. Sudowoodo is a Decidueye-GX counter (four Decidueye can't OHKO it with their abilities and its ability prevents Decidueye from effecting the Bench) with an attack that may allow your Pokemon to use Forest of Giant Plants/hit for weakness. Finally, Ruins of Conflict is Fighting Stadium for Melemele Pokemon.
Basic\Melemele Growlithe\HP 60\Fire

growlithe.gif

[C] Threatening Bark
You may only use this attack on your first turn. Your opponent switches his or her Active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

[R][R] Singing Bite 30
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a Special Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

Weakness: [W] x2 Resistance:
26/50 C
Growlithe look cute, but they are secretly aggressive. They are known to attack anyone who underestimates them.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Melemele Growlithe\Melemele Arcanine\HP 130\Fire

arcanine.gif

Ability: Legendary Power
The attacks of this Pokémon do 70 more damage to your opponent's Pokémon-GX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[R][R][C] Infinite Speed 60
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon of the same Island as the Active Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [W] x2 Resistance:
27/50 R
Arcanine command an extreme presence. Anyone who sees one will grovel before it.
Basic\Melemele Sudowoodo\HP 90\Fighting

sudowoodo.gif

Ability: Blockade
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, prevent all effects of abilities, including damage, done to your Benched Pokémon.

[F][C] Tree Disguise
Choose one of your Benched Pokémon. That Pokemon is a [G] type until the end of your next turn.

28/50 UC
Sudowoodo have large collector's value, especially around the elderly.
Trainer\Stadium
Melemele Ruins of Conflict

290px-Ruins_of_Conflict_SM.png

The attacks of each Melemele Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's) do 30 more damage to the opponent’s Active Pokémon-GX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

29/50 UC
P.S. Next update will be a Pokemon-GX. Anyone who guesses correctly will win an extra request.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

I don't know what's the larger surprise: the fact I'm updating this set or the fact that this update has two GXs.
Basic\Melemele Tapu Koko GX\HP 190\Lightning

tapukoko.gif

Ability: Stored Thunder
If this Pokémon is damaged by an attack from a Basic Pokémon, you may discard a [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, prevent all effects of that attack, except damage, done to your Pokémon or your hand.

[L][C] Electric Fury 40x
This attack does 40 damage times the number of your Benched Pokémon with less than 100 HP remaining.

[L][C][C] Breakneck Shock GX
This attack does 60 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M] x2 Resistance: [N] -20
Retreat Cost:
30/50 UR
When your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Basic\Melemele Pheromosa GX\HP 160\Grass

pheromosa.gif

Ability: Purify
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may choose a Pokemon in play. Until the end of your opponent's next turn, that Pokémon has no Island.

[G] Night Ambush 40+
If the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up and this Pokémon was on the Bench and became your Active Pokémon this turn, this attack does 60 more damage.

[G][G][C] Remove Filth GX
Knock Out 1 of your opponent's Akala or Ula'Ula' Pokémon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [C] x2 Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost:
31/50 UR
When your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Tapu Koko is a Pokemon that gets stronger the stronger your opponent is, building off of their attacks. In addition, the GX attack has the potential to OHKO 2 Shaymin, making it very punishing for a potential opponent.
Pheromosa utilizes the Islands and Time Counter. The ability can allow your Pokemon to avoid effects based off of their Island, or prevent your opponent from receiving those effect. The attacks utilize the mechanics to do more damage, allowing Pheromosa to obliterate the opponent if the time is right. Like the Pheromosa in the video games, however, this one is very frail when compared to most GXs.

Hosting Mafia has almost fully prevented me from working on this, but it's summer, so I have more free time. Maybe I'll get an average of one card per day? That's probably wishful thinking. The Swampert line should come in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Basic\Aether Mudkip\HP 50\Water

mudkip.gif

Ability: Fast Fin
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if that Pokémon is Knocked Out), you may switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W] Bubble Trap 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

18/17 C
Mukip have more strength than most it's size. It can crush rocks of two feet tall.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Aether Mudkip\Aether Marshtomp\HP 90\Fighting

marshtomp.gif

[C]
Gleeful Splashing
Heal 50 damage from this Pokémon. Until the end of your next turn, apply Weakness for each Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) as ×4 instead.

[F][F] Mud Rush 30
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has [F] Weakness, discard an Energy attached to that Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance: [L] -20
Retreat Cost:
19/17 UC
Marshtomp can stand on two legs. This allows it to run very quickly.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Aether Marshtomp\Aether Swampert\HP 130\Fighting

swampert.gif

Ability: Cheek Radar
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck. You may put them back on top of their deck in the same order or put them back on the bottom of their deck in the same order.

[F][F][F][F] Boulder Block 60
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn. This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance: [L] -20
20/17 R
Swampert is generally calm, but when angered, it can pound its opponent to smithereens.
Aether Pokemon? That's right, there will be a fifth portion to these sets, if I can ever complete the first four. As you can tell by the card count, it will be much smaller then the rest of the sets.

The goal when designing this line was to make every card in the line viable in some way. Mudkip accelerates the evolution, Marshtomp has interesting attacks, and Swampert turns into a wall. Overall, these cards might be capable of at least making an interesting rogue deck.

If @TheFlyingPidove comes back, I hope that she enjoys these cards!

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Now that Mafia is over, I'll be releasing a lot more cards (with lengthy breaks whenever I don't have access to a computer).
Basic\Melemele Magnemite\HP 50\Metal

magnemite.gif

Ability: Magnet Attract
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, search your deck for a [M] Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M] Metallic Blast 10+
You may discard any Aether Stadium card in play. If you do, this attack does 10 more damage.

32/50 C
This Pokemon likes to eat electricity. If you touch it while it's eating, you'll receive a shock.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Melemele Magnemite\Melemele Magneton\HP 80\Metal

magneton.gif

Ability: Triple Trouble
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If you do, search your deck for 3 Magnemite, reveal them, and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M] Electric Jam 20
During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's [L] Pokémon.

33/50 UC
Although it has three times the electric power of a Magnemite, it is not any more intelligent.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Melemele Magneton\Melemele Magnezone\HP 130\Metal

magnezone.gif

Ability: Electric Attraction
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may switch your opponent's 1 of your opponent's Benched [L] Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. If you do, discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon.

[M][M] Signal Zoom 70-
You may switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 20 less damage.

34/50 R
When it flies in the sky, it is often mistaken for a UFO. Cities have been completely shut down because of this.
All the Pokédex entries of the Magnemite line either mention it's magnetic properties or how it interacts with electricity, but they tend to be inconsistent, having it be affected in completely opposite ways in each 'Dex entry. I decided to make this line based on the main properties of the Magnemite line, but the contradictions they end up creating. The abilities of Magnemite and Magneton show it attracting and repelling respectively, and the ability of Magnezone shows it attracting the lightning types that are so often mentioned. Magnemite has a pretty plain attack, but the others have interesting effects. While Magneton uses it's signal to jam those of lightning types, Magnezone is affected by a signal controlling it. An interesting thing to note about Magnezone is the fact that it uses the rare effect of potentially dealing less damage.
Competitively, these cards are very gimmicky, but with the right meta and some Metal support, I could see these cards being used like Donphan PLS is in Expanded.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Welcome back, everybody, to these sets! I let them die while the color glitch was a thing, but it's now gone and I got some big plans for it. First things first, I'm gonna try my best to finish up this set, and then we'll get to what I have in mind for the future of this. To clarify, I'm gonna stick to the original 300 Pokemon in Alola, and not branch out to those added in USUM.
For those who haven't seen my past fakes, be aware that I really don't care about TCG weaknesses and will do whatever I want in that respect.
Basic\Melemele Misdreavus\HP 60\Psychic

misdreavus.gif

[P]
Sobbing Voice 10
If you played this Pokemon from your your Bench this turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Evolution Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn.

[P][P] Shrill Mimicry
Put damage counters on the your opponent's Pokémon equal to the number of damage counters on this Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [D] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
35/50 C
This Pokémon practices striking fear into innocents. Sometimes, they even have competitions to see who is best at scaring people.
Stage 1~Evolves from Melemele Misdreavus\Melemele Mismagius\HP 100\Psychic

mismagius.gif

Ability: Miraculous Migrane
If this Pokémon is damaged by an attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), the Attacking Pokémon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

[P][P][C] Incantation Inclination 30+
If you have more [P] Pokémon in play than your opponent, this attack does 40 more damage for each [P] Pokémon more you have in play.

Weakness: [D] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
36/50 R
This Pokémon loves to mutter curses. Sometimes, these curses are said to make enemies fall in love.
If figured if I revive the thread, may as well do it with some Pokemon known for their magical capabilities. :p

NinjaPenguin

Get ready for some high-pancake action!
Basic\Melemele Pichu\HP 30\Lightning

pichu.gif

Ability: Shocking Reveal
If this card is revealed to your opponent by an effect, place 1 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[L] Zippity Zap 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a [L] Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
37/50 C
Pichu and Grovyle have a tendency to become friends. They enter portraits of eachother for art competitions.
Stage 1~Evolves from Melemele Pichu\Melemele Pikachu\HP 70\Lightning

pikachu.gif

Ability: Sleeping Storage
Between turns, if this Pokémon is Asleep, attach a [L] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[L][C] Nest Up
Search your deck for a Basic Melemele Pokémon and a Stage 1 Melemele Pokémon (besides Pokémon-GX) and put them onto your bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

38/50 U
Pikachu have been barred from many forests after creating unnecessary forest fires by shooting tons of electricity.
Stage 1~Evolves from Melemele Pikachu\Melemele Raichu\HP 140\Psychic

026-a.png

[L][C] Psychokinetic Electricity
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon for each of your Benched [L] Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

[P][P][C] Wafting Aroma 40
If 60 or more damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks during your opponent’s next turn, prevent that damage.

Retreat Cost:
39/50 R
Pikachu are much more popular than this Pokémon, causing few trainers to decide to evolve into it.
Trainer\Supporter
Melemele Principal

100px-Veteran_f_SM_OD.png

If the Day side of the Time Counter is face-up, during this turn, your Melemele Pokémon’s attacks do 40 more damage to the Active Pokémon.

40/50 UC
Can someone potentially find some better wording for Shocking Reveal?

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Great cards NP! I already can't wait for the next update! :p

Can someone potentially find some better wording for Shocking Reveal?
Oh, does this sound better?
"Once during your turn (before your attack), if this card is in your hand, you may reveal it. If you do, put 1 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon."

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title

"Once during your turn (before your attack), if this card is in your hand, you may reveal it. If you do, put 1 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon."
No it is if it is revealed by playing it, discarding it, ect
It would be op if it was once a tur becuase the same fueling that affects eggs would effect it, making it so you can take 6 prizes in a turn super easy

NinjaPenguin

I meant more like Ultra Ball and Gumshoos GX kinda revealing when it actually tells you to reveal the card, but thanks for trying to help, TFP!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'd imagine the problem is that you don't actually say how Pichu can be revealed. When I first read it, for example, I thought you had missed the "If this Pokemon is in your hand" clause accidentally. There should probably be a "...to your opponent by an effect" or "...to your opponent by an effect done to this card" to clear up that sort of confusion.

NinjaPenguin

So for those who don't know, I recently have been afflicted with the flu (and still am). So what better cure for that is there than faking a card that looks like the virus that's been annoying me these last four days?
Oh and a Decidueye too.
Basic\Melemele Shellder\HP 60\Water

shellder.gif

Ability: Elastic Tongue
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile and you put this Pokémon into your hand by an effect, put a basic Energy card from your discard pile into your hand.

[C] Find Shellter
Search your deck for a Melemele Stadium card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

41/50 C
Occasionally, pearls form inside their bodies. When this happens, they have under a week to live.
Stage 1~Evolves from Melemele Shellder\Melemele Cloyster\HP 100\Water

cloyster.gif

Ability: Big Bad Bivalve
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can’t play any Pokémon from their hand to evolve their Active Pokémon.

[W][C] Icicle Spear 10
You may use this attack five times a turn. (If the an attack Knocks Out your opponent’s Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)

42/50 UC
If its shell is damaged, it begins to swell up drastically, causing immense pain for itself.
Basic\Melemele Rowlet\HP 40\Grass

rowlet.gif

Ability: Darkness Nest
If the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, prevent all effects of attacks, except damage, done to this Pokémon.

[C] Ferocious Kick 10+
If this Pokémon has less Energy attached to it than the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 10 more damage.

Weakness: [R] x2 Resistance: [W] -20
43/50 C
Rowlet can glide silently, using the strength of their feathers to resist great gusts.
Stage 1~Evolves from Melemele Rowlet\Melemele Dartrix\HP 80\Grass

dartrix.gif

Ability: Preening
At any times between turns, you may heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[G] Tantrum Slap 40-
This attack does 10 less damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

44/50 UC
Dartrix tend to be obsessed with their looks. Luckily, it's just a phase.
Stage 2~Evolves from Melemele Dartrix\Melemele Decidueye\HP 140\Psychic

decidueye.gif

[P][C] Blink Preparation 20
Search your deck for a Melemele card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[P][P][C] Arrow Downpour 60
If this Pokémon has no damage counters on it, this attack does 30 to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

45/50 R
Although calm, it has a propensity to freak out at large quantities of enemies.
We're officially entering the final stretch of Mystical Melemele. There are five cards to go, of which I've so far determined 4. Requests are also open if you want to get them in while you can. Once that's done, we'll get to the real fun plans I have for this!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Love the flavour you've got going here, especially with Shellder! Does the Ability activate only when Shellder is moved from the discard pile to your hand by an effect? You should probably specify "by an effect" in the Ability, then. ;)

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Cool fakes, but the effect for Dartix's Tantrum Slap attack should read "This attack does 10 less damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.", seeing that it comes from the SM Format.

NinjaPenguin

To round this mini-set out, let's have some nice cards working with the island mechanic! From support (Smeargle), to utility (Oricorio), to attack power (Gumshoos), this is designed to be the final thing to make Melemele competitive. As for the other cards, Guzma is in here because he grew up on Melemele and ended the game there in SuMo and I figured a Special Energy is always good.
Finally, there's a card requested by @Lord o da rings for Valentine's Day, that I gave her for winning BB3.

Basic\Melemele Smeargle\HP 70\Colorless

smeargle.gif

[C] Mark of Territory
Your opponent can’t play any Stadium cards from their hand during their next turn.

[C][C][C]
Mysterious Symbol
Put as many Melemele cards with the same name from your discard pile into your hand as you like.

46/50 UC
Using it's tail, it tries to communicate its societal ideals to the general public through the guise of art.
Basic\TOTEM Melemele Gumshoos GX\HP 190\Colorless

gumshoos.gif

Ability: Outbreak Control
Once during your turn (before your attack), if your opponent has 2 Basic Pokémon with the same name on their Bench, you may have your opponent discard 1 of those Pokémon. Your turn ends.

[C][C][C] Early Ambush 90+
If the Day side of the Time Counter is face-up, this attack does 90 more damage.

[C][C][C] Detective Perspective 20x
Reveal the top 10 cards of your opponent's deck. This attack does 20 damage for each Trainer card you find there. Then, put them back in any order.

47/50 UR
People brought Gumshoos to murder Raticate, but instead it caused them to evolve into an even worse form.
Basic\Melemele Oricorio\HP 90\Lightning

741-p.png

Ability: Support Squad
When you attach an Energy from your hand to this Pokémon, during your turn, your Melemele Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[L] Heart Stopping Dance 30
If the your opponent's Active Pokemon isn't a Melemele Pokemon, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [L] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
48/50 UC
Although heart melting, its attacks are enough to electrocute even Emolga.
Trainer\Supporter
Melemele Guzma

7.png

Your opponent reveals their hand. Discard a Akala or Ula'Ula card from it.

49/50 UC
Energy\Special Energy
Melemele Energy

This card can only be attached to Melemele Pokémon. This card provides [C] Energy only while this card is attached to a Melemele Pokémon.

The Melemele Pokémon this card is attached to can’t be affected by any Special Conditions. (Remove any Special Conditions affecting that Pokémon.)

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Melemele Pokémon, discard this card.)

50/50 UC
Basic\Melemele Luvdisc\HP 60\Water

luvdisc.gif

Ability: Languages of Luv
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, this Pokémon has every Island but has only 1 Island at a time.

[W] Romance Raid
Choose an Island. Put 2 damage counters on each Pokémon with that Island (both yours and your opponent's).

60/50 C
If it has nobody to nest with, it quickly becomes despondent and leaves those it loves.

And with that, Mystical Melemele is now complete! Stay tuned to hear what have planned for the future of these sets!

Last edited: