News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

They continue to make reprints. They will then whoop us in the face with VS seeker reprints.
Also, for when Lysandre fell in the hole never to return, they will reprint him as well to accomodate the tv show

Finally, someone with mutual feelings, people forget that there is a 50/50 chance of picking up the card itself. Im not comfortable with those odds at all. I rather play AZ, in expanded or Aceorola.
I meant we've all seen this before so there is no reason to act like it's new

This may be random, but is this card viable to put into a Mega Alakazam deck? I know Mega Alakazam isn't necessarily viable in itself in standard but in expanded with dimension valley it isn't too bad.

I like Acerola / AZ more. Can find with VS seeker, only takes 1 spot. Though good in Bats (which is no longer a thing).

Finally, someone with mutual feelings, people forget that there is a 50/50 chance of picking up the card itself. Im not comfortable with those odds at all. I rather play AZ, in expanded or Aceorola.

Ah. Yes.
But, Super Scoop Up is an item, and not a supporter!
Nearly every item that mimics a supporter uses a coin flip.

Those that have been watching competitive play for a while now, know...
Super Scoop Up is a good card.

You read it as:
"50/50 chance of picking up the card"

I read it as:
"50/50 chance of removing all damage from a card, retreating a card for free, keeping all cards attached to it, and/or (potentially) re-using an ability"

and, since it's an item and not a supporter, you get to do the 50/50 more than once a turn.
All while keeping access to your supporter~

WHERES MA FULL ART SCOOP UP. Also, Pokémon's, can we please have some new bat line?

They just printed a new bat line last set.

This may be random, but is this card viable to put into a Mega Alakazam deck? I know Mega Alakazam isn't necessarily viable in itself in standard but in expanded with dimension valley it isn't too bad.

Yes, I'd say it is.
Super Scoop Up + Scoop Up Cyclone + AZ

I think that Super Scoop Up will help Tapu Koko-GX decks a lot. Max Potion, what everyone looked to immediately including myself, only heals the Tapu Koko's after they have been hit and switched out. The major flaw here is that now you have a perfectly healthy Koko, yes, but now it sits on your bench with no energy. Sure, you can power it up slowly again, but Super Scoop Up lets you pretty much negate that, along with slightly lowering the needed energy count in the deck. You can pick the Koko up, hold it, and replay it down immediately, or hold it for the next turn if you really choose to. Additionally, the new Acerola is a Supporter, so you do not need to use your Supporter for the turn on picking up a Koko.

You can pick up the Tapu Koko with Super scoop up and, if you have a Clemont supporter from Generations in hand, play that and get all the energy back on Tapu Koko.

Thinking about this card in the context of the Garbo-threat; I wonder how much it will see play. Glad to see it reprinted, as there's a lack of "bounce" cards in the format right now, but perhaps coin flip item cards will be too risky after Guardians Rising.

Let's wait and see. Guess it will be a while until we get SM3 anyway!

Okay anyone who immediately posted that this card is good with tapu Koko can stop. We came, we saw, we smacked ourselves in the face at how many people have to remind others what a card has synergy with. It's just a damn super scoop up.

Hehehehe...

1480629002916.png

... hehehehe...

Not bad. Probably not as good as Full Retaliation Gyarados, but a possible 180 damage on turn 1 isn't bad at all.

Not bad. Probably not as good as Full Retaliation Gyarados, but a possible 180 damage on turn 1 isn't bad at all.

Don't forget kukui. So possible 200 damage. I also think this runs well with parallel city to discard your magikarps in order to save your prize cards. Otherwise it's very risky.

This is the new Gyarados. It is like the old one with the free attack that was used at worlds. BTW: 4x Them Magikarps because they the OP for a Karpity Karp

Plus 150 HP instead of 130?!?!?!

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Magikarp -
  • Gyarados - Pretty decent! 150 + Choice Band + Kukui = 200 defenitely a OHKO on some big GX/EX today. The problem is Karen, lack of back up atkrs, Magikarps in the prizeland. So I'll give it 2-3 Geodudes. Derium will love to see his "Garados"!
  • Darkrai - I love it.... A bit. Some Opponents use a GX attack in the early game like Solgaleo's Sol Burst, Sylveon's Plea, and Drampa's Big Wheel. Not bad. 3 Geodudes for this "7-Prize" Pokemon. Both Darkrais in Burning Shadows?? How intense. The regular and the GX

Last edited:
At first glance, this looks pretty ok. In expanded it can do some big big damage with Archie but in Standard requiring the Kukui to reach 200 isn't too great in my opinion (I never thought I'd say that) given there are some big GXs now that can easily one shot this. Overall, 6 or 7 out of 10 I think

It seems like a fun card, but it will probably will be seen as some kind of staple in standard, but will probably have its own arc in Expanded. maybe...

Back