Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: Clique Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
At the pitstop, you will be informed how fast you completed the leg of the race and find out your placing. Additionally, the first person to complete the race will win a special prize! However, the person that finishes last will be automatically eliminated and sent to the jury, yikes!

Previously, we have announced that there would be a prize for winning the race. This prize still holds true, but it has increased in size by just a little :3
To accommodate the increase in prize, a smaller prize will be given to all people that complete the race by the deadline, which is this Friday!

Get moving!

@NinjaPenguin @Celever @Little Cherrim @VioletValkyrie

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Week 8 - Conclusion

Wow. This has been a long week. It has taken much longer than many of us have expected it to take, and some things were apparently more difficult than planned for whatever reason. Now, without further ado, onto the somewhat embarrassing results.

This person finished within a blink of an eye, completing the race in about 2 hours!

Congratulations Ninja Penguin! You will receive a special prize shortly!

These racers took quite a long time, taking physically a week to complete the race right before the deadline!

One, however, was able to take a break after completing the roadblock, stopping their timer from increasing to horrendous heights! Good job VioletValkyrie!

The other, had their timer tick away while they were away for a week, which reached too many hours to count! But this person did finish, earning them 3rd! Great work Celever!

Unfortunately, Little Cherrim decided to quit after stacking up 21 hours during the first part of the race.

Little did he know, he probably would have been safe if he had continued seeing that Celever accumulated such a high timer!

Mass tag: @VioletValkyrie @NinjaPenguin @Celever @Little Cherrim

The eliminated houseguest will be added to the Jury Chat and the remaining Houseguests can now talk with each other about whatever they want in their alliance chats (with hosts in them) for the rest of the game!

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I'd just like to comment as to how ridiculous this race truly ended up being. May we get an official time stamp for each player, please?

I'll fully admit to sleeping through the first leg of the race.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Week 9 - Contents

Congratulations to the 3 that have made it to the Final 3! Unfortunately, the game is not over yet unlike what some people hypothesized. It was planned prior to the start of the season that this game will run to the Final 2 where the Jury will only get the option of deciding between the 2 Finalists, but we decided to keep a little secret to have one last big twist at the end! :p We technically never stated that there would be a Final 3 or Final 2 on the thread for this specific reason :p

Now here's how the final week will work. There will be only 3 competitions, which are HOH Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

In the first challenge, all 3 houseguests will participate. A winner will be decided and will get to move directly onto Part 3 of the Head of Household competition!

In the second challenge, the 2 houseguests that did not win Part 1 will compete Head to Head. The winner will move onto Part 3 of the Head of Household competition, and the loser will lose their shot at guaranteeing themselves a spot in the Finale.

In the last and final third challenge, the 2 houseguests that won Part 1 and Part 2 will compete Head to Head in a battle of the wits. The winner will be crowned the Final Head of Household, guaranteeing them a spot in the Finale, where they have a 1 in 2 chance of winning the game. They will also get to make the biggest decision of this game yet, as they will decide which other houseguest will join them in the Final 2 and which will be the final houseguest sent packing to the jury house!

The first part of the Head of Household will be posted shortly.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Week 9 - Head of Household Part 1

As a reminder, everyone will be participating in this HOH. And from this point on, no more warnings will be given out. If you do not submit, you don't get penalized, though you will get a 0 and if you are taken to the Jury house, most likely no one will vote for you.

The challenge is called Create-A-Card! Using modern technology, you must design a custom Pokemon card to represent 1 of the Houseguests that have been previously evicted by vote this season. As a reminder the evicted houseguests are: Professor Palutena, Rainyman123, Double o Squirtle, Mirdo, Blakers, and PikaMasterJesi.

There are many more details to this challenge, and you will have to read it in the google document provided below. Included in the document are the instructions, judging criteria, and an example card that I made about myself during Big Brother Season 1.

Complete Document of details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fULwjIErLmdvpFNV0nKkVfY4VsmytQbbbXiRqY8CLus/edit?usp=sharing

You will have a full week to finish this task so the deadline will be Saturday May 6th at 8 AM Pacific Daylight Time.
Judging will take 12 hours and will be done by Saturday May 6th at 8 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

Good luck houseguests! The end is within reach!

Please ask if you have any questions about anything.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
I'd just like to comment as to how ridiculous this race truly ended up being. May we get an official time stamp for each player, please?

I'll fully admit to sleeping through the first leg of the race.

NinjaPenguin - 2 Hours 2 Minutes
VioletValkyrie - 1 Day 1 Hour 2 Minutes
Celever - 5 days 3 Hours 59 Minutes
Little Cherrim - Incomplete

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Oh, and the cards should be submitted privately so that it doesn't potentially affect the other competitors.

I will be posting all of the cards here publicly when they are graded.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
How involved are the houseguests we tribute allowed to be in the creation of these cards? How much can we discuss with them about our choices?

You cannot discuss with them by default because they are not in the game, and you are.

The point is to test how well you know the game by seeing if the card that you make a tribute to one of listed houseguests matches their behavior / actions / accomplishments etc.

Aka, have you been paying attention to the game and/or noticed something that others may not have by an ordinary glance.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Deadline is in just about 10 hours and I have received a whopping 0 submissions.

Should I not give so much time then since people seem to be procrastinating rather than using their time effectively?

@Celever @NinjaPenguin @VioletValkyrie

In case you didn't notice the bonuses, NP wins by default if no-one submits.

If you do not have time to make a visual one at this point, submit a text based one. Anything is better than nothing.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
I have received entries from both NinjaPenguin and Celever, without Violet Valkyrie's submission.

They will be graded in the next 11 hours and results will be announced then!

Good luck!

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Week 9 - HOH Part 1 Results

Overall, the submissions received were not disappointing! They were fun to review and now its time to reveal them to everyone as well as the results!
As a reminder, the winner will move straight onto Part 3, and the other 2 will have to duel it out in a 1 v 1 in Part 2 to fight for a chance to compete in Part 3.

First, @NinjaPenguin 's card: Murkrow (@double o squirtle )
DoS Card.jpg

Comments:
Player: Double o Squirtle
She's a Murkow because Vracken has confirmed her as such.
HP: 70
Resilient to most things besides OHKOs.
Type: Dark
DoS had power, but she never fully used it to stop her scheming teammate Jesi. By the end, however, she had realized her mistakes and had started to remove the dark shroud that afflicts all Murkrow.
Stage: Basic
DoS never had the potential to evolve, but she still reached a strong final form.
Visual: Watchful Murkrow
DoS always watched to see the best move, but she never quite looked behind her. Also, this is DoS's art, so I thought it would be fitting.
Ancient Trait: β Head Start
DoS got an advantage in the beginning, getting to be on the team that won HOH no matter what and getting a large team.
PokeBody: Unwavering
DoS was never eliminated by a devious HOH who was able to eliminate the majority; she was eliminated by the majority itself (in Surivior week). This PokeBody gives her immunity when she is part of the majority.
Attack: Yet So Far...
DoS was constantly nabbing good finishes, getting 3rd in the first POV (not counting TSM, since he cheated), 4th at the second HOH, 2nd at the second POV, and 3rd at the third HOH. Unfortunately for her, she could never win anything, but she put a huge target on her back. The ability allows her to almost kill the opponent, but potentially hurt herself in the process.
Weakness: [P] x2
She was killed by a clever plot against her.
Resistance: [C] x2
DoS could not be defeated in a normal way, instead being eliminated by the Tribal Council.
Retreat Cost: 0
She never held up the game and was responsive at all times.
Dex Entry:
Basically what it says. It is important to note that she trusted people too much, and her friends ended up stabbing her in the back.

Next, @Celever 's submission: Bibarel (@Professor Palutena )
Bibarel HP60 Colourless
Stage 1

Ability: Mad Skillz Yo
As long as Bibarel is your Active Pokémon, all damage that would be done to your Benched Pokémon affects Bibarel instead.

[C][C][D] C'mere Kiddo
Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Then, switch the Pokémon with your opponent's Active Pokémon. Bibarel is [D] until the end of your next turn.

[C][C][C][C] Vengeance
If your Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack of your opponent's Active Pokémon, your opponent's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: [D]-20

Bibarel cos Canadian.

Low HP cos eliminated hella early so he's weeeeak. As a fun touch, Prof had 6 votes against him when he was eliminated. Assuming each vote is a damage counter, that's just enough to finish to him off. :D

Colourless cos he looks normal and nice from the exterior before he BETRAYS EVERYONE and lures other innocent players into fake alliances. :U

Ability cos he's actually super good at the games and stuff. Like, probably the best in the competition period. Therefore, erryone wants him out and backdoors him and directs all their attention towards him. It's a hard life really. Benched Pokémon were used because players in his position tend to create alliances to then use as elimination fodder instead of him.

C'mere Kiddo because of how he got Jesi to betray her clique in a bit of a phony alliance. Turns into [D] type because it was lowkey evil. Not that I tried to stop him, of course, and she was excellent in the moling role, but I did also liberate Jesi by backdooring Prof later. :p

Vengeance because he's still on the jury and will probably vote for whoever isn't me thanks to me backdooring him. IDK, it's prophesying a bit. I feel like he needs some way to do damage because he's really good at challenge and given the opportunity he would've done but in his time in the competition he didn't actually manage it because we killed him too fast.

Weakness to [F] because justice and I've got villain vibes in this card. Resistance to [D] because of the evil in his heart.

Hope I haven't forgot anything. :D

Creati vity: 13.5
-Creativity was evident in the submission as all the effects are unique and cannot be found on a TCG card at the moment.
-I would like to have seen a replacement for Vengeance as 1 jury vote does not seem to be a sufficient reason as revenge, considering that many jury members vote on who plays the best game anyways.

Accuracy: 4.5
-Prof P is actually not on the jury, which threw off the reasoning for the Vengeance attack.

Logicality: 3
- Missing what the Pokemon evolves from
- "Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Then, switch the Pokémon with your opponent's Active Pokémon." should be phrased "Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with their Active Pokemon."
- Vengeance attack is missing the part which must state "if your Active Pokemon is KO'ed during ______"
- Energy for C'mere Kiddo should be ordered [D][C][C]

Amusement: 4.5
- C'mere Kiddo is a great attack name and was fun to read the explanation too!

Visual: 0
- Missing

Attacks & Abilities: 8
- Vengeance attack caused confusion of whether or not there is synergy between attacks as it is unclear what the intent is.
- C'mere Kiddo could have added Confusion since it causes the opponent to be confused as to which side is good/bad.

Card Properties: 3
- Missing retreat cost.
- How does Prof P resist evil when he was evicted by an evil blindside?
- 6 vote -> 60 HP explanation was clever!

Bonus: +2

Total Score: 38.5

Creativity: 10.5
- The card seem to lack the abstract aspect as many of the effects are reused from some card that was printed.

Accuracy: 5
- Explanation describes DOS extremely well.

Logicality: 4
- "Flip 2 coins. If at least one is heads" should be worded "Flip 2 coins. If either one is heads".
- Missing EX Rule on card.

Amusement: 4

Visual: 5
- Using DOS's personal artwork was a great choice of visual!

Attacks & Abilities: 7
- The effects do not have synergy with each other.
- The effects do make sense though.

Card Properties: 5
- Explanation of Retreat Cost decision was superb!

Bonus: +4

Total Score: 45.5
Bonus +2

Total Score: 2

NinjaPenguin: You had a great card NP, and it honestly made me laugh, a lot. It was for sure creative and comical. From what was presented though I took note of some issues. Here’s how I graded it.

Creativity: 12/15
Accuracy: 5/5
Logicality: 1/5 - Incredibly broken, especially for something of its era.
Amusement: 5/5
Visual: 5/5 - I loved how you used DoS’s own work as the visual for the card, and interpreted it a way that made it fit what you were going for.
Attack(s), Abilities, etc: 6/10 - The attack and PokeBody were creative themselves, but you lost points on them for being unconnected, and a bit broken.
Card Properties: 5/5
Bonus: +4

Overall: 43/50 - Awesome job NP! Based one where you lost points what needed to be fixed was merely the self synergy and logicality of the card.

Celever: Alright Celever, you did very well. I was on the floor dying because of how well you put Prof P’s actions in the game into attack names. The effects were great too! Here’s how it did:

Creativity: 15/15 - I am blown away by the sheer amount of creativity put into this card.
Accuracy: 4/5
Logicality: 1/5 - As much as I love this card TPCi would never print something like this, despite how creative it is as a whole. There was also that last attack that I could not understand under what circumstances it would be used.
Amusement: 5/5
Visual: 0/5 - The lack of a visual was disappointing.
Attack(s), Abilities, etc: 10/10 - The synergy between the last attack and the ability is hard to miss.
Card Properties: 5/5
Bonus: +2

Overall: 42/50 - Great job Celever! Had you put in a visual the score would have been even higher than it is now. From there the only real problem was how printable the card actually was.

Bonus +2

Total Score: 2

Status
Not open for further replies.