• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post GR Mega Scizor

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a returning poke-beacher, used to post on here a lot back in the BW format, then I quit the game for 3 years because it got really stale and boring. But it's picking up speed again, so i came back. One of my favorite Pokemon is Scizor and i'm glad that Scizor is a good deck, however it has fallen out of favor recently, but i feel like he can make a comeback post Guardian's Rising, but with a different angle. Here's what we're working with:

4-3 M-Scizor EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Hoopa EX
1 Cobalian
11 Pokemon

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Proffessor Kukui
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla
12 Supporters

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Scizor Spirit Link
2 Field Blower
2 Escape Rope
1 Switch
1 Super Rod
20 Items

2 Alter of the Sunne
2 Stadiums

10 Metal Energy

57 Card Skelton

Possible Additions:
Olympia/Pokemon Center Lady
Hammers of both kinds
Dhelmise
Tauros GX
Sudowoodo
Tapu-Lele GX
Wobbuffet

One thing about this thread I want to make clear however, no Garbodor. He's too slow and clunky in the current meta, and post GR he's not getting better, so this is going to be a Garbo-less list. Aside from that, all comments welcome.

Update:
-2 Metal Energy

+2 Tapu-Lele GX
+2 Wobbuffet
+1 Float Stone

Last edited:

Dorsall

Alolan Raichu is better
I think that the addition of the Tauros is superb. I also think that Tapu Lele would be good to get your Hex or Skyla out when they're needed. I would also fill up the last spot with another Lysandre just in case it's prized, so you can control and get the knockouts on the Shaymins when needed. I definitely think that this deck will do well, I've been thinking that Scizor is gonna do well ever since an Alolan Ninetales deck won that team tournament in Japan, and due to its rising popularity, Volcanion players will be scared, and Scizor will have a time to shine having weakness advantage over Ninetales.

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
I think that the addition of the Tauros is superb. I also think that Tapu Lele would be good to get your Hex or Skyla out when they're needed. I would also fill up the last spot with another Lysandre just in case it's prized, so you can control and get the knockouts on the Shaymins when needed. I definitely think that this deck will do well, I've been thinking that Scizor is gonna do well ever since an Alolan Ninetales deck won that team tournament in Japan, and due to its rising popularity, Volcanion players will be scared, and Scizor will have a time to shine having weakness advantage over Ninetales.
My biggest fear of putting Tauros GX in is the fact that i cant power him up in one turn, and no FFB, but i do think it would be good as a back-up.

I think Lele will be the best addition. Actually, the reason i don't play two Lysandre, even though i OHKO Shaymin EX, is just personal pref. I used to play 2 N 2 Lysandre, then i went to 3-1 and its always worked better for me.

Its funny you mention Japan, i have a rule, every since the Garchomp/Altaria debacle back when Dragons Exalted came out, to never judge a meta based on Japan. But since you mention Volcanian, i will say the match-up gets a bit easier with Alter of the Sunne.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Dhelmise is a pretty strong addition if you can find the room for it being able to hit 130 is good against things like yveltal and volcanion tapu lele is a great addition as well thanks to giratina being a threat to mscizor and tapu lele 2hko's tina. And the Supporter search is a terrific ability

Nyora

A Cat
Dhelmise sucks in this tbh. All 4 of those plus Professor Kukui only hits 180, which does OHKO a lot of Pokémon, but both Waterbox and Deciplume are going to get stronger, meaning that still 2 Hit Kos, meaning you really don't need the extra useless damage. It's also cancelled by Abilities as well, and seeing as how Wob and Hex will see a lot more play as it will be the best way to hit Deciplume hard, they are not going to be useful a lot. Now, I completely agree with Wobuffet in this list, and if you could put Wob in, also try to find some room for hammers to just literally eat (love the word eat) Deciplume, giving you at least 3 ez wins in a lot of tournaments. Hope you found this helpful! :D

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
Dhelmise sucks in this tbh. All 4 of those plus Professor Kukui only hits 180, which does OHKO a lot of Pokémon, but both Waterbox and Deciplume are going to get stronger, meaning that still 2 Hit Kos, meaning you really don't need the extra useless damage. It's also cancelled by Abilities as well, and seeing as how Wob and Hex will see a lot more play as it will be the best way to hit Deciplume hard, they are not going to be useful a lot. Now, I completely agree with Wobuffet in this list, and if you could put Wob in, also try to find some room for hammers to just literally eat (love the word eat) Deciplume, giving you at least 3 ez wins in a lot of tournaments. Hope you found this helpful! :D

I still think its worth running at least 1 Dhelmise. The difference between 120 and 130 is pretty significant. Plenty of 130 HP basics and with Greninja potentially coming back into the meta with GUR, it lets you deal with the non-break and Talonflame nicely. I would drop one of the Kukui's for it.

Since, you're running Tapu Lele's now I would drop the Cobalion. Lele is arguably a better attacker and I'm not sure you'll have the bench space for Cobalion anyways.

Altar of the Sunne is not going to win you the Volcanion match up. To be honest I would just drop them for another stadium (Parallel City is always worth consideration) or just run 3 Field Blowers and another Lysandre. You can actually use Field Blower to remove your own spirit links for Float Stones if you need to switch between M-Scizors or something.

my suggestions
-1 Cobalion
-2 Professor Kukui
-2 Altar of the Sunne

+1 Dhelmise
+1 Lysandre
+1 Olympia
+1 Field Blower
+1 Float Stone

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
I still think its worth running at least 1 Dhelmise. The difference between 120 and 130 is pretty significant. Plenty of 130 HP basics and with Greninja potentially coming back into the meta with GUR, it lets you deal with the non-break and Talonflame nicely. I would drop one of the Kukui's for it.

Since, you're running Tapu Lele's now I would drop the Cobalion. Lele is arguably a better attacker and I'm not sure you'll have the bench space for Cobalion anyways.

Altar of the Sunne is not going to win you the Volcanion match up. To be honest I would just drop them for another stadium (Parallel City is always worth consideration) or just run 3 Field Blowers and another Lysandre. You can actually use Field Blower to remove your own spirit links for Float Stones if you need to switch between M-Scizors or something.

my suggestions
-1 Cobalion
-2 Professor Kukui
-2 Altar of the Sunne

+1 Dhelmise
+1 Lysandre
+1 Olympia
+1 Field Blower
+1 Float Stone
This is kind of odd to see. Here's why:

While yes, the difference between 120-130 is huge, its not worth trading Kukui, which has more applications, for just 1 Dhelmise. Kukui is the kill secure on 250HP GX's, It's the kill secure on the 130HP basics, and he secures a lot of kills with Cobalion after the third prize is taken. Not to mention is a free draw two, that's searchable with Tapu-Lele GX. Dhelmise would only be useful at MINIMUM 2-of, and you have to have both on bench for that. That's a lot of bench space for a situation that doesn't come up enough to warrant it.

Cobalion is the 7th Prize. And as far as arguably better goes, lets run some numbers. Both need minimum 2 Energy, Tapu needs the opponent to have 3 energy to break the 100 dmg threshold. Cobalion only need three prizes. This deck has no inherent acceleration like Max Elixer, so getting Lele within 2HKO range of something like Lapras with FFB, you need to have at least three energy, which is too hard to do in a timely manner in this deck with only 8 energy.

Alter of the Sunne doesn't win the match-up, however it does give you a chance to win it. With Volca being played more and more, you cant keep saying "Eh, I'll take the random L to win the rest of my games." It's not a random L anymore. So instead of ignoring the problem, just deal with the problem, or at least make it not as big. You already have a searchable Hex Maniac to buy you time, and Wobbuffet, so take that time to Charge up Scizors, get Alter out, and 2HKO them. At least then you have a chance of winning. I do like Parallel so I might find a way to put one in.

3 Field Blower is way too many. That card is going to be dead at 3. There's a reason no body ran 3 tool Scrapper when tools were way bigger, and there aren't enough mega decks around now to warrant 3 FB.

Arizaiaz

Aspiring Trainer
This is kind of odd to see. Here's why:

While yes, the difference between 120-130 is huge, its not worth trading Kukui, which has more applications, for just 1 Dhelmise. Kukui is the kill secure on 250HP GX's, It's the kill secure on the 130HP basics, and he secures a lot of kills with Cobalion after the third prize is taken. Not to mention is a free draw two, that's searchable with Tapu-Lele GX. Dhelmise would only be useful at MINIMUM 2-of, and you have to have both on bench for that. That's a lot of bench space for a situation that doesn't come up enough to warrant it.

Cobalion is the 7th Prize. And as far as arguably better goes, lets run some numbers. Both need minimum 2 Energy, Tapu needs the opponent to have 3 energy to break the 100 dmg threshold. Cobalion only need three prizes. This deck has no inherent acceleration like Max Elixer, so getting Lele within 2HKO range of something like Lapras with FFB, you need to have at least three energy, which is too hard to do in a timely manner in this deck with only 8 energy.

Alter of the Sunne doesn't win the match-up, however it does give you a chance to win it. With Volca being played more and more, you cant keep saying "Eh, I'll take the random L to win the rest of my games." It's not a random L anymore. So instead of ignoring the problem, just deal with the problem, or at least make it not as big. You already have a searchable Hex Maniac to buy you time, and Wobbuffet, so take that time to Charge up Scizors, get Alter out, and 2HKO them. At least then you have a chance of winning. I do like Parallel so I might find a way to put one in.

3 Field Blower is way too many. That card is going to be dead at 3. There's a reason no body ran 3 tool Scrapper when tools were way bigger, and there aren't enough mega decks around now to warrant 3 FB.

Yea I agree that Kukui is a decent card in general but more so when you still have 10 energy. With no form of acceleration running 8 energy may leave you needing to dig to power up your 2nd attacker. If you had to Kukui and whiffed the energy for a benched Scizor that turn you would essentially be putting yourself behind a turn of attachments. Might just be my paranoia, since I have never ran a Scizor deck without either Mega Turbo or Max Elixir. But in my opinion, benching a Dhelmise for a permanent +10 and using Sycamore/N is a far greater turn than relying on Kukui and getting 2 cards. Maybe try running 1 Dhelmise/1 Kukui? That way if you manage to get the Dhelmise out early you won't need to use Tapu Lele on a Kukui and instead get something like Lysandre or Skyla.

I'm not going to argue against Cobalion, as a 7th prize attacker its about as good as it gets. However, running 3/4 bench sitting supporters is not going to leave you much bench room.

I'll stand by the fact that Altar of the Sunne is not worth an inclusion. Passive stadiums are getting nerfed with Field Blower and counter stadiums everywhere. And Volc will definitely run Field Blower to screw with Garbotoxin. Assuming it doesn't get bumped all you're doing is trading blows with a either a baby Volc, Volc EX that can 1 shot you anyways with 3 Steam ups, or a Turtonator GX that will 1 shot with 2 Steam ups. Not to mention the fact that they can have multiple charged up attackers to switch between if you did manage to chain Hex them.

It's also not really fair to compare Field Blower to Tool Scrapper. Field Blower can be used as a counter stadium if you have none. You can view it as a Stadium card that immediately discards 1 other tool in play. Getting rid of stuff like Rough Seas, Sky Field, and turn 1 Silent Lab. Of course, if you decide on using Parallel City or keeping the Altar of the Sunne then lowering your Field Blower count is fine.

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
Yea I agree that Kukui is a decent card in general but more so when you still have 10 energy. With no form of acceleration running 8 energy may leave you needing to dig to power up your 2nd attacker. If you had to Kukui and whiffed the energy for a benched Scizor that turn you would essentially be putting yourself behind a turn of attachments. Might just be my paranoia, since I have never ran a Scizor deck without either Mega Turbo or Max Elixir. But in my opinion, benching a Dhelmise for a permanent +10 and using Sycamore/N is a far greater turn than relying on Kukui and getting 2 cards. Maybe try running 1 Dhelmise/1 Kukui? That way if you manage to get the Dhelmise out early you won't need to use Tapu Lele on a Kukui and instead get something like Lysandre or Skyla.
After playing Scizor alot, the only time im hurting for energy, is when i opened terrible, and had Sycamore with multiple energy, and never saw super rod. You really only use about 6 energy per game since everything is cost two. And i'd rather have cobalion on bench waiting, than Dhelmise. I like Mega Turbo, but there arent enough times where it was useful to me, to keep it in over things like switch rope or field blower.

I'm not going to argue against Cobalion, as a 7th prize attacker its about as good as it gets. However, running 3/4 bench sitting supporters is not going to leave you much bench room.
You dont really need room on bench for Cobalion though. The only time he hits feild is when youre losing prizes, so if you have two Scizor, Tapu Lele, Wobbuffet (assuming you start it), Shaymin and Hoopa. thats right there. as sson as one dies, you can put down cobalion. if you dont start Wobb, then thats a free bench space. Bench control is actually really easy because you dont need much to get going.

I'll stand by the fact that Altar of the Sunne is not worth an inclusion. Passive stadiums are getting nerfed with Field Blower and counter stadiums everywhere. And Volc will definitely run Field Blower to screw with Garbotoxin. Assuming it doesn't get bumped all you're doing is trading blows with a either a baby Volc, Volc EX that can 1 shot you anyways with 3 Steam ups, or a Turtonator GX that will 1 shot with 2 Steam ups. Not to mention the fact that they can have multiple charged up attackers to switch between if you did manage to chain Hex them.
Like i said, i like Alter, because it give you a chance to beat it, but i do understand that Parallel is more rounded. i might try a 2-1 of the stadiums, like i do with Turbo dark, just so i can clear my bench if need be.

It's also not really fair to compare Field Blower to Tool Scrapper. Field Blower can be used as a counter stadium if you have none. You can view it as a Stadium card that immediately discards 1 other tool in play. Getting rid of stuff like Rough Seas, Sky Field, and turn 1 Silent Lab. Of course, if you decide on using Parallel City or keeping the Altar of the Sunne then lowering your Field Blower count is fine.
Well here's the thing, im only every going to use Field Blower for tools, i have Scizor to get rid of stadiums, so i'll never need to clear six tools. The only time im going to want FB for a stadium, is for T1 Silent Lab or forest. But if i have wobb, then i dont care about forest T1.