Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

WastedSkyPirate

Is there a standard card that can deal damage to the active and my bench for preferably low energy cost.

Look for the attack 'Earthquake' - it's typically low cost and damages your entire Bench for 10 damage (sometimes 20 damage).

Dugtrio from Generations springs to mind. It attacks for [F] and does 60 to your opponent's Active Pokémon and 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokémon.

WastedSkyPirate

What cards can make the Active Pokémon Confused?

Hi @MoFoTY86

There are a loads of cards that can inflict Confusion on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Here are the Pokémon from the Sun & Moon expansion alone:
Of the above, Espeon-GX is by far the best and features in a number of Tier 1 & 2 decks.

When it comes to Trainers, there are not many at all that inflict direct Confusion - the only that comes to mind is Imakuni? from Generations. If you can find a deck that successfully uses this card, then you're a genius! Otherwise, it's just a fun throwback to a previously Japan-only Promo from way back yonder.

Slurmee

Aspiring Trainer
Are there any cards that raise a pokemons hp for stage 1 pokemon? Like fighting fury belt for stage 1

Slurmee

Aspiring Trainer
If your pokemon has a retreat cost of 3 or more then heavy boots increase hp by 30.
It has a retreat cost of 1. Also fairy garden would most likely be in play which even if it had a retreat cost of 3 heavy boots wouldn't work if there was a fairy energy on it correct?

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Are there any cards that raise a pokemons hp for stage 1 pokemon? Like fighting fury belt for stage 1
In Expanded, there's the Training Center stadium which gives Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon +30 HP.

What cards can make the Active Pokémon Confused?
If you're looking for confusion without attacking, Haunter from BREAKthrough/Generations can leave both Active Pokemon confused when you evolve it.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
What are some notable Pokémon attacks that doesn't work with Magearna-EX's ability "Mystic Heart" in play?

WastedSkyPirate

What are some notable Pokémon attacks that doesn't work with Magearna-EX's ability "Mystic Heart" in play?

Since it's released, Magearna-EX has probably seen the most use in M Rayquaza-EX decks. Here it's notable for blocking the effect of Jirachi's Stardust attack (therefore, M Rayquaza-EX's Double Colourless Energy doesn't get discarded and Jirachi isn't protected from damage).

Magearna-EX also just blocks haxy things such as Paralysis from Froakie's Bubble and Confusion from Espeon-GX's Psybeam.

However, it's is only as good as the effects it blocks and, at the moment, there aren't many that are majorly relevant.

marcoramius74

Aspiring Trainer
I am looking for a card that has an ability that allows you to move damage counter(s) from one of my pokemon to another of my pokemon. I seem to remember seeing something like this before, but cant remember which cards and sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

GlakeGG

Aspiring Trainer
Any card that's legal in standard that either allows you to fish for special energies from your deck and or your discard pile?

WastedSkyPirate

I am looking for a card that has an ability that allows you to move damage counter(s) from one of my pokemon to another of my pokemon. I seem to remember seeing something like this before, but cant remember which cards and sets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi @marcoramius74!

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a card in the Standard format currently that has the Ability to freely transfer damage counters (plural) between your own Pokemon. The last card to have the Damage Swap Ability was Reuniclus from the Black & White expansion (later reprinted as a Secret Rare in Dragons Exalted). However, there are Standard-legal cards that can move a damage counter (singular) - these are Meowstic-EX from Generations and the upcoming Chandelure from Guardians Rising.

If Meowstic-EX is your Active Pokemon, it can move 1 damage counter, once per turn, from one of your Pokemon to one of your opponent's Pokemon.

Chandelure has a bit more freedom in that it can move any 1 damage counter, on either player's Pokemon, to any other Pokemon in play (once per turn).

I hope that helps!

Any card that's legal in standard that either allows you to fish for special energies from your deck and or your discard pile?

@GlakeGG

In addition to @jessalakasam's great suggestions, there's a cheeky little Solrock from Primal Clash. For [C] its first attack let's you search your deck for 2 Special Energy cards and put them into your hand. It's not a bad attack but it hasn't seen much competitive play (probably thanks to hand disruption such as N and Judge).

Last edited:

Niflheim4

Aspiring Trainer
Is there any card that prevents retreating or increases retreat cost of opponents Pokémon while not being the active Pokémon?

Looking for ways to prevent a retreat for a toxapex gx poisoning deck.

marcoramius74

Aspiring Trainer
Is there any card that prevents retreating or increases retreat cost of opponents Pokémon while not being the active Pokémon?

Looking for ways to prevent a retreat for a toxapex gx poisoning deck.
First cards that come to mind are Team Aqua Secret Base (Double Crisis) and Alolan Dugtrio (Sun and Moon Base Set). Both increase retreat cost by 1 energy

WastedSkyPirate

Is there another card that is similar to Battle Compressor but only for Pokémon?

There is no Trainer card in the Standard Format that has a similar effect.

The closest card you have is Litwick from Steam Siege. Its 'Slightly Simmer' attack lets you search your deck for any 2 cards and discard them.