• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Can Medicham be the new thing?

BattleDragon

Aspiring Trainer
Before you run away, let me tell you this deck is capable of hitting 220 damage with one energy. You interested on finding out how?

Pokémon: 15-16

• 4 Medicham (Primal Clash: 81/160)
  • 4 Meditite (Primal Clash: 79/160)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 1 NEW/Unreleased: Tapu Lele GX
  • 3-4 Regirock EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3-4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1-3 N
  • 3 Wally
  • 3-4 NEW/Unreleased: Field Blower
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Shrine of Memories
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 1-2 NEW/Unreleased: Rescue Stretcher
  • 3-4 NEW/Unreleased: Choice Band
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Switch
Energy: 5
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 1 Fighting Energy
At first you might be somewhat confused or exited. As you can tell, I enjoy diving right into a overlooked deck before anyone else if it has potential, and this right here is something with potential.

Tapu Lele GX is basically Plasma Blast's Jirachi EX plus Next Destiny's Mewtwo-EX, but for this example we'll focus on the fact it's a standard legal Jirachi EX. Why do we want this? Because.. Wally.
Ability: When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your bench you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put into your hand.

Next we have Field Blower, which is basically our Dragons Exalted's Tool Scrapper that can also hit stadiums like Silent Lab. Why do we want 3? Because Garbodor is a huge pain, slowing down mega decks is always nice, and Fighting Fury Belts are a MUST remove.
Item: Discard two Tool or Stadium cards in play.

For our third new card we have Rescue Stretcher, which is a Super Rod that instead of possibly grabbing basic energies (which we don't really have) offers us the choice to bring only 1 Pokemon back into our hand. This might just be relevant in some fast paced matchups.
Item: You may return 1 Pokemon from your discard pile to your hand, or shuffle 3 into your deck.

Finally we have a KEY card in this deck which will be a huge source of damage, Choice Band. Choice Band is pretty much Silver Bangle that can also hit GXs. This on Medicham means 60 extra damage. That in itself is crazy.
Tool: The Pokemon this is attached to does 30 more damage to the opposing Pokemon EX and GX.

Now that you know what the NEW cards do for this deck, let me explain the non spoiler cards in this deck.

Medicham: This is our main attacker, and with the ancient trait Barrage, it essentially does twice the damage, and each damage boost is applied twice.

Meditite: This isn't just an pre-evolution. This will actually supply Medicham with a 1 energy 20 damage attack through...

Shrine of Memories: This will allow an evolved Medicham to attack for 40 damage twice with just ONE energy attachement, but it gets better than that.

Strong Energy: This is not only an energy, but an extra form of damage. One of these on Medicham means 40 extra damage.

Regirock EX: Another source of damage, this guy helps our Medichams out by providing an additional 20 damage EACH.

Hoopa EX: Quickly grabs enough Regirock EXs while also grabbing a Shaymin EX or Tapu Lele GX to finish the setup.

Wally: I know this is weird, but hear me out. Half our meta is fast paced, an another half tends to disrupt our other methods of setup. This card allows us to quickly set up a Medicham on TURN 1.

Hopefully the rest of the draw power is self explanatory, but if you have any questions feel free to ask! The primary goal of this deck is to set up a Medicham to attack quickly and easily with a few additional damage boosts in order to allow it to rip through Pokemon.

How to play this deck:
Somehow throughout the many draw cards Wally a Meditite and attach a Strong Energy to it. Also grab a Shrine of Memories on the way. Hoopa for some Regirocks and Shaymin to grab some other cards like Choice Band. You're well on your way to...

Medicham + Shrine of Memories + Strong Energy + Choice Band + 2 Regirocks = 180 Damage

So, what do I need you for? Well, I need some deck trimming help as well as your idea on what I should play to beat certain decks *stares at MegaRay*

Thank you for reading this, and good luck deck critiquing!

Last edited:
1 correction before I start. Hoopa can not get Tapu Lele GX. Only EXs.

As someone who runs a Shedninja / Mew deck, I do love dealing 180 damage for 1 energy, so this sounds interesting. It does also sound rather hard to set up.

If you are running 3 Wally you don't really need to run Ultra Balls. Nest Balls should do fine. You could also add in 1 Pokémon Fan Club.
3-4 Field Blower sounds like it's a bit much. You probably don't need more than 2 and IDK if you need any at all. Garbotoxin hurts, but it isn't the end of the world.
Kukui would be an interesting draw supporter for this deck as it will give you another 40 damage if you play him that turn. Which can make up for missing a strong energy or a Regirock as that 180 damage mark is pretty important to hit.
IDK how much Lele is helping this deck. It gets you a free supporter, but I don't know how important that really is. You might not need it.
3 Regirock is probably enough. You aren't attacking with him so you don't want him clogging up your bench.
3 Sycamore 2 N is prolly what you want in terms of draw supporters. And again you could also add in a couple Kukui.
I would also probably add 2 Lysandre. It is good for sniping supportive Pokémon as well as buying time.
You might want to run a bit more energy (like 8-10) so you aren't so reliant on Shrine of Memories. It would also make Regirock viable as an alternate attacker. As for what I would remove to do that, probably 1 Shrine and 2 Acro Bikes. Alternatively, Energy Loto might also be a good card for this deck once it comes out.

Other than that the deck looks solid.

Last edited:
Personally, I would add 1 or 2 Kukui to the mix - it will help hitting the big numbers greatly. Otherwise the idea is cool, might test it out once Choice Band is legal!

I am curious why this is considered a new deck. I run into this deck every now and then online in the expanded format with Muscle Band and it can be a real pain to deal with. What I have found is that it typically loses steam against the decks I am running as the game goes on if I take out a couple of Medichams. Don't get me wrong. I think the deck looks all sorts of fun. I just was under the (apparently wrong) impression that this was a known deck concept. I think some of the new cards can help for sure and any attention being brought to something new is pretty fun. I also like the idea of using Meditite's attack as the primary attack via Shrine because the two fighting energy requirement is the reason this deck normally runs out of steam in my experience.

That said, I think you need more energy for *when* your stadium gets discarded / you don't have it up. I think 5 energy is too little and will cause consistency issues. If you drop the number of Wally down to 1 (I honestly don't think you need it at all TBH and haven't ever seen it when I play against it online) and add a few more energies to bring the total up to 7 or 8, you should be in good shape even if the stadium gets dropped. It also gives you a couple of energy you can throw on Lele in the terrible event that you actually need to attack with it.

Cool looking deck making good use of the new cards though. I like it!

Yeah looking at this list with a Kukui this can easily hit 200somehting turn 2. Seems pretty legit yo! I personally don't want to play it, but It could be very good! I'd recommend maybe finding space for 2-2 or 2-1 Carbink BREAK to help put the Strong Energy on Medicham and also blocks EXs, which is nice.

I agree with Fayld, I've also seen this deck around and someone at my local league runs this deck (albeit in an expanded format). It's still a fun deck to try out but it isn't totally overlooked.
A couple suggestions:

• Ditch the Float Stones. If you are attaching a Choice Band to your Medicham anyway, you don't really need this. Maybe add one Escape Rope in case your Hoopa-EX or Regirock-EX gets Lysandre'd out.
  • Ditch the Hoopa-EX. You have loads of draw support in your deck already, so why include Hoopa-EX? You would only use it once, and it would only clog your bench. I use a Hoopa-EX in my deck and to be honest, it's a liability after I use its ability.
  • Put two or three Kukui in your deck. Hitting big numbers becomes much easier with the 20 extra damage, and you get a little extra draw support as well.

Before you run away, let me tell you this deck is capable of hitting 220 damage with one energy. You interested on finding out how?

Pokémon: 15-16

• 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 1 NEW/Unreleased: Tapu Lele GX
  • 3-4 Regirock EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3-4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1-3 N
  • 3 Wally
  • 3-4 NEW/Unreleased: Field Blower
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Shrine of Memories
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 1-2 NEW/Unreleased: Rescue Stretcher
  • 3-4 NEW/Unreleased: Choice Band
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Switch
Energy: 5
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 1 Fighting Energy
At first you might be somewhat confused or exited. As you can tell, I enjoy diving right into a overlooked deck before anyone else if it has potential, and this right here is something with potential.

Tapu Lele GX is basically Plasma Blast's Jirachi EX plus Next Destiny's Mewtwo-EX, but for this example we'll focus on the fact it's a standard legal Jirachi EX. Why do we want this? Because.. Wally.
Ability: When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your bench you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put into your hand.

Next we have Field Blower, which is basically our Dragons Exalted's Tool Scrapper that can also hit stadiums like Silent Lab. Why do we want 3? Because Garbodor is a huge pain, slowing down mega decks is always nice, and Fighting Fury Belts are a MUST remove.
Item: Discard two Tool or Stadium cards in play.

For our third new card we have Rescue Stretcher, which is a Super Rod that instead of possibly grabbing basic energies (which we don't really have) offers us the choice to bring only 1 Pokemon back into our hand. This might just be relevant in some fast paced matchups.
Item: You may return 1 Pokemon from your discard pile to your hand, or shuffle 3 into your deck.

Finally we have a KEY card in this deck which will be a huge source of damage, Choice Band. Choice Band is pretty much Silver Bangle that can also hit GXs. This on Medicham means 60 extra damage. That in itself is crazy.
Tool: The Pokemon this is attached to does 30 more damage to the opposing Pokemon EX and GX.

Now that you know what the NEW cards do for this deck, let me explain the non spoiler cards in this deck.

Medicham: This is our main attacker, and with the ancient trait Barrage, it essentially does twice the damage, and each damage boost is applied twice.

Meditite: This isn't just an pre-evolution. This will actually supply Medicham with a 1 energy 20 damage attack through...

Shrine of Memories: This will allow an evolved Medicham to attack for 40 damage twice with just ONE energy attachement, but it gets better than that.

Strong Energy: This is not only an energy, but an extra form of damage. One of these on Medicham means 40 extra damage.

Regirock EX: Another source of damage, this guy helps our Medichams out by providing an additional 20 damage EACH.

Hoopa EX: Quickly grabs enough Regirock EXs while also grabbing a Shaymin EX or Tapu Lele GX to finish the setup.

Wally: I know this is weird, but hear me out. Half our meta is fast paced, an another half tends to disrupt our other methods of setup. This card allows us to quickly set up a Medicham on TURN 1.

Hopefully the rest of the draw power is self explanatory, but if you have any questions feel free to ask! The primary goal of this deck is to set up a Medicham to attack quickly and easily with a few additional damage boosts in order to allow it to rip through Pokemon.

How to play this deck:
Somehow throughout the many draw cards Wally a Meditite and attach a Strong Energy to it. Also grab a Shrine of Memories on the way. Hoopa for some Regirocks and Shaymin to grab some other cards like Choice Band. You're well on your way to...

Medicham + Shrine of Memories + Strong Energy + Choice Band + 2 Regirocks = 180 Damage

So, what do I need you for? Well, I need some deck trimming help as well as your idea on what I should play to beat certain decks *stares at MegaRay*

Thank you for reading this, and good luck deck critiquing!
I remember when this was a thing about two years ago. It was with Muscle Band, Silver Bangle, Korrina, Focus Sash, Fighting Stadium and Hawlucha FFI being in the format though. It was very powerful in that it could take Knock Outs on Pokémon-EX pretty quickly but it lost consistency and damage cards since, that is one or two once we rotated into XY-on and six more going into PCL-on. So, this is actually a pretty old deck.

Now, if I was building this deck after Guardians Rising became standard legal, I would probably go for the following:

Pokémon - 14
4 Meditite PCL
4 Medicham PCL
3 Regirock-EX FCO
1 Zygarde-EX FCO
2 Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainer - 36
3 Shrine of Memories
1 Brock's Grit
1 Hex Maniac
1 Lysandre
2 N
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Skyla
3 Choice Band
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Escape Rope
1 Exp. Share
1 Field Blower
2 Level Ball
1 Special Charge
3 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

Energy - 10
4 Strong Energy
6 Fighting Energy

It's been a long time since I built a Medicham list but I think this about suits the current format. I also would consider a Parallel City for bumping and for helping you out in certain matchups. Of course, Professor Kukui is a welcome addition due to the 40 extra damage it provides as well. If you wish, you can cut the Skyla to add one in.

Are you sure that the each Regi Power Ability can be used more than once during the same turn?

Also, you'll need at perhaps 3 switching cards (e.g., Escape Rope, Float Stone, Olympia, Switch, etc.) to get your Lysandre'd Regirock EXs back to the bench.

Are you sure that the each Regi Power Ability can be used more than once during the same turn?

Also, you'll need at perhaps 3 switching cards (e.g., Escape Rope, Float Stone, Olympia, Switch, etc.) to get your Lysandre'd Regirock EXs back to the bench.
They're passive abilities that don't specify only allowing one Regi Power to be active per turn. They should stack.

Ok heres my replies.

I didn't run one time use cards like switch simply because VS Seeker Lysandre makes it extremely difficult to keep my deck flow going. However, simply because Field Blower is coming out, I will definitely consider doing a mix of one use switches and Olympia (with VS Seeker)

Also, for those who doubt this deck's ability to set up, I'm currently running an expanded version that consistently uses Wally, Celebi EX, Focus Sash, as well as many other parts of the deck. However, this is standard, so I am willing to bend a bit.

I'm also going to skip a couple suggestions simply because they don't work and I don't have the time to explain each one's reasoning (for example, Nest Ball and Shaymin don't pair well, or Regirock abilities DO stack, and Float Stones will never be attached to Medicham)

Kukui is a quite obvious add, but I'm not sure exactly how it works with the current deck flow. I'll add it some VS Seeker (with some other useful supporters)

I also like the decklist that you suggested @TCG_Destory, though I must say Standard players often ignore the pure consistency power of 4x Trainers Mail + 4x Acro Bike, which this deck needs. I'll find a comprimise :)

I love the idea of an alternative attacker like Zygarde-EX, though I'm not sure what would work best.

I actually didn't mean that this was a "new" deck, but rather that its new to this current Standard format.

I actually don't have problems with energy at all, though it might seem so. 6 energies and a Special Charge would actually be MAX. If Night March could run 1-20 Energies, It'd run around 5-6 and a special charge in my opinion. Mass energy adds just to make Zygarde a usable attacker isn't that desirable either.

With some of that taken into account, let me try out a build...

Pokémon: 14
  • 3 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Regirock EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 NEW/Unreleased: Field Blower
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Shrine of Memories
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 2 NEW/Unreleased: Rescue Stretcher (I'm considering running around 2 AO Unown simply because they make this card replace itself when I don't need it, and they make Puzzle of Time a pseudo Trainers Mail... which has saved me games in my Expanded version)
  • 3 NEW/Unreleased: Choice Band
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Olympia
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor Kukui
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Rotom Dex? (It could help me restore a useful card hidden in the prizes... otherwise this is the most flexible spot to change.)
Energy: 6
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 2 Fighting Energy
One must take into account how easy it is to OHKO Medicham, and respond with fast consistency. I think the deck has improved after all your advice... thanks :) Any other thoughts? I don't have time to explain some changes right now, but study the deck closely and hopefully you'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Why I should no one running SkyField with 3 Regirocks your bench will be very cluttered

Why I should no one running SkyField with 3 Regirocks your bench will be very cluttered
Fair enough... edited to 2. Please note that I discard my extra Shaymins and Regirocks to Professor Sycamore and Ultra Ball quite often though, while some are prized.

Back