Finished Mafia XL: Age of Piracy: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty obvious.

You saw how a lot of players favored other islands. So that was not obvious at all. As town, you would probably care for noting everyone if you thought porting there is better. As scum, you would probably try to passively push for that island, after probably discussing that potential scum benefit in your scum chat.

##UNVOTE:TSM
##VOTE:Mordacazir

Arrrgh! Ye still do not get how I RVS. Let me explain it to ye in a much simpler way:
When I RVS, I'm incredibly aggressive. The whole point of RVS is to give reasons that seem legitimate to achieve reactions. The point of RVS is not to just randomly vote. Of course my reasons are terrible. We're early in the game and there are no good reasons to vote. So I give these bad reasons to try and see if anyone takes the bait. This is why it's frustrating when people interrupt my RVS pointing out how bad my reasoning is. By doing that, you prolong RVS, and by extension, are anti-town (not in the scummy way, just playing badly).
Why LC? Cypher and Keeper haven't got their votes either, iirc. (and maybe another one that I don't remember).
3 people (I think) had not received a vote yet today. I picked a random one, and it was LC.
P.S. My whole concept of RVSing twice was to garner more reactions from Keeper, to improve my early read of him. Also, I've been reading old games recently, and there have been a couple of instances where scum Keeper was opposed to RVS. I forgot that these days, it's nothing like that.

It's been a long while since I've played WW, so I dunno how exactly I acted toward it before, but I could care less about your random votes. I'm against it more when Camo is involved because he takes it seriously and that's ridiculous. I don't take part is RVS myself either, so I don't support it (hence why I haven't voted). For me, your random votes are empty posts. I don't read into them.

You saw how a lot of players favored other islands. So that was not obvious at all. As town, you would probably care for noting everyone if you thought porting there is better. As scum, you would probably try to passively push for that island, after probably discussing that potential scum benefit in your scum chat.

I react more to votes like this. Reasoning is my favorite thing.
@mordacazir, can you elaborate more on why you voting the port you did? Because I can only assume that certain ports will amplify abilities for certain characters. Pushing for a scummy port is, well, scummy.
"We need to go where the scum are" is not a reason I can accept because this is mafia. The scum are some of us and we'll find them the same way we find them every game.

But of I would want to push that island, I would provide reasoning. And I didn't look at the amount of votes of the ports because I'm only one to base my vote on Simsands information about the ports. The rest of the votes are random votes right?
@mordacazir, can you elaborate more on why you voting the port you did? Because I can only assume that certain ports will amplify abilities for certain characters.
I'm sorta a out of the box thinker and i guess I didn't think about that.

Why? Just because I didn't give reasoning for my port vote at first?

It's not because you didn't give reasoning, but because your reasoning isn't very pro-town. We don't actually know what the different ports will do, and while there theoretically could be benefits in going to the scum headquarter, right now it seems a bit too risky.

It's not because you didn't give reasoning, but because your reasoning isn't very pro-town. We don't actually know what the different ports will do, and while there theoretically could be benefits in going to the scum headquarter, right now it seems a bit too risky.
Okay, I can see your point i guess.
@@unport: Port Royal
@@port: Tortuga

But of I would want to push that island, I would provide reasoning. And I didn't look at the amount of votes of the ports because I'm only one to base my vote on Simsands information about the ports. The rest of the votes are random votes right?

In that post I assume that if you are scum, you would not want to push anything so bluntly in the first day. See most times, especially during D1, scums usually try to navigate the town towards bad choices, but they try to be extra careful doing so, because they don't want to be looked at after the choice has been revealed as a bad one.

In that post I assume that if you are scum, you would not want to push anything so bluntly in the first day. See most times, especially during D1, scums usually try to navigate the town towards bad choices, but they try to be extra careful doing so, because they don't want to be looked at after the choice has been revealed as a bad one.
Ehhh okay? But if someone votes without reasoning why would they vote that too?

Ehhh okay? But if someone votes without reasoning why would they vote that too?

I could come up with many possible explanations, but one example would be a person who just looks to vote for any port but doesn't want to be bothered by looking back what the options are and just vote for whatever the guy before him voted, which is you. The fact is, that even though this is much less effective to just vote with no reasoning than to try and convince people to fall into that trap, it is still much safer. Especially at this stage of the game.

Arrrgh! Ye inactive scallywags! We have only two days left, and we're nowhere close to a lynch. Everyone needs to get on and vote for whoever you think is most scummy.
To be honest, I mostly want to just lynch an inactive, and Little Cherrim is just as inactive as anyone else and still hasn't responded to my vote. Therefore, my vote stands.
P.S. Inactive tag:
@Blakers
@TheSceptileMaster
@PikaMasterJesi
@Lord o da rings
@Little Cherrim
If you're on this list, you either haven't posted much or haven't been memorable (to me) in your posts. Both are bad.

I have no reason to vote for Cypher. He's not ticking my scumdar and he doesn't seem to be ticking anyone else's, so ##UNVOTE: Cypher333

However, I'm concerned about @Blakers, who seems to the ability to double vote. I don't entertain the thought of Blakers possibly being scum with an ability such as that, so I'm keeping an eye on him. Maybe he'd be good to look into later, but not today. He hasn't played enough for me to get any sort of read on him.

Then there's mordacazir, who made a claim that choosing their port was obvious. What's weird is he picked one that wasn't popular with other players, and that doesn't make me think the pick was "obvious" in his mind. I personally find this shifty, as I also believe certain ports will strengthen/weaken certain players abilities. Since all you'd find is trouble here, there's no good reason to go here without at least learning more about the ports and what they do. Rushing into one that's potentially dangerous such as Port Royal would only hurt the town. This was posted after @simsands described what each port was in the actual movies as well, which only makes this even weirder. ##VOTE: mordacazir

NP, please do remember that school is back in session, and as such I'm going to have to redirect my attention to that. In addition, the teachers decided it was a lovely idea to put a phone ban in place, so now I'm only going to be able to write a post before and after school, and during lunch.

That being said, I need a little clarification on something. Morda is being pushed as a vote because he voted for an unpopular port and pushing that it was the best one to go to? That whole thing has me a little confused.

btw, what is your Mafia experience?
Absolutely none, but I've watched older ones and read through all the rules.

I've watched the films a couple times.. the earlier ones more than the others. I'd say that I'm at least a bit familiar with each of the islands. Lets see,

• Tortuga
A free port where pirates and other thugs gather to drink rum, gather crewmates and deal in illegal business. East India doesn't come here, but the people who do aren't always the nicest people you'd meet...
  • Port Royal
The British colony where the first movie starts. We'll definitely run into the East India company here.
  • Rumrunner's Isle
This is the island where Jack gets stranded. The one where they find a stash of alcohol.
  • Singapore
Don't remember too much about this place, but it's the home of one of the Pirate Lords from the third movie.
  • Isla de Muerta
The treasure island from the first movie. Lots of treasure, but it's cursed.
  • Fiddler's Green
The afterlife.
  • World's End
If you haven't watched the second movie, spoilers.
The place where they go to bring Jack back from Davy Jones Locker.

Ah... well now that I know what each place is.

@@unport: Port Royal
@@port: Tortuga

NP, please do remember that school is back in session, and as such I'm going to have to redirect my attention to that. In addition, the teachers decided it was a lovely idea to put a phone ban in place, so now I'm only going to be able to write a post before and after school, and during lunch.

That being said, I need a little clarification on something. Morda is being pushed as a vote because he voted for an unpopular port and pushing that it was the best one to go to? That whole thing has me a little confused.

MC voted for Port Royal, which, in the movies, is absolutely crawling with the East India Trading Company (according to SS), which is the mafia faction in this game. He said that we should go to said extremely dangerous location in order to find scum. Going to a place full of enemies doesn't seem like a very good idea on day one (or at all, really), does it?

##Unvote:Jadethepokemontrainer
he doesn't seem to be ticking anyone else's, so ##UNVOTE: Cypher333
This sentence rubs me the wrong way. Sure you also mentioned that he's not ticking your scumdar which is a good reason imo, but him not coming up on anyone else's doesn't really seem like a valid reason to unvote.
However, I'm concerned about @Blakers, who seems to the ability to double vote. I don't entertain the thought of Blakers possibly being scum with an ability such as that, so I'm keeping an eye on him. Maybe he'd be good to look into later, but not today. He hasn't played enough for me to get any sort of read on him.
I'm a bit confused by this part. You find it unlikely that he's scum with an ability like that, and yet you'll be keeping an eye on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back