• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lycanroc GX / Eeveelutions

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
UPDATED LIST

Pokemon

3 x Lycanroc GX
4 x Rockruff
2 x Eevee
1 x Jolteon
1 x Flareon
1 x Vaporeon
2 x Carbink BREAK
2 x Carbink
1 x Shaymin EX

Item/Supporter/Stadium

1 x Professor Sycamore
3 x Professor Sycamore
1 x N
2 x N
1 x Lillie
3 x Trainers' Mail
4 x VS Seeker
1 x Ultra Ball
1 x Ultra Ball
4 x Nest Ball
3 x Scorched Earth
2 x Float Stone
1 x Switch
1 x Escape Rope
1 x Super Rod
1 x Professor Kukui
1 x Pokemon Ranger
1 x Lysandre

Energy

7 x Fighting Energy - Basic
4 x Strong Energy - Special

Thinking about bringing this deck with me to the next League Cup I go to. There will be a few changes between now and then. Going to find a place to fit in Scorched Earth and Nest Balls. Giovanni's Scheme was kinda filler. I don't have and can't get another Shaymin EX =\

Any changes you can suggest would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Tidaklu

Aspiring Trainer
In my version of the deck, I have 2 Scorched Earth and one Rough Seas, since both Jolteon AND Vaporeon turn your Lycanroc's into electric/water types. It has been an insane tech card! I would say do 4 ultra ball and 3 level ball personally. Level ball lets you get your eeveelutions, while Ultra Ball lets you get Lycanroc, Carbink Break, Shaymin...
I've been thinking about trying Weakness Policy also, for the Deci-Plume matchups

Twixz

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would look at:

-1 gios
-1 exp share
-1 ranger

+1N
+1 kukui
+1 lysandre

I think Kukui is just a better version of gios
3 exp share is probably too much for that deck especially when you can accelerate them from the discard with carbink
I'm not sure what matchup you would need ranger in? Lysandre just seems like a better option to get around walls and be useful in other matchups

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I don't have and can't get another Shaymin EX =\
IMO, you are fine without another Shaymin EX - really don't need it. Further, I'd suggest:

Other comments for your consideration:

-3 Acro Bike - less efficient than Level Ball
-1 Super Rod - not critical since Carbink BREAK can recover energy
-3 Exp. Share - not critical, is a relatively "slow" tactic to get the Basic energy attached to a waiting Pokémon and opponents can counter its effect by Lysandre'ing around it
-1 Float Stone - not critical since most of your Poké only have a RC of 1
-1 Special Charge - not critical since Carbink BREAK can recover discarded energy
-1 Giovanni's Scheme - not critical
-1 TS Grunt - risk of failure can be significant

+1 Trainer's Mail - promotes maximum deck operations' consistency
+1 VS Seeker - maximizes Supporter access and usage
+3 Level Ball - "no hoping" to draw into needed card
+3 Max Elixir - for energy attachment acceleration
+1 Lysandre - too critical not to have access to it (e.g., your only 1 is prized)
+2 F - to increase your chances of hitting energy with the Max Elixir

@Tidaklu 's comment regarding inclusion of Rough Sea Stadium is a great idea, especially since there are no "great" Stadiums for F Pokémon right now. I'd suggest incorporating 2.

The main idea behind the Trainer's Mail / Ball "engine" is to facilitate a fast setup at the beginning of the game.

Since your main attacker requires a minimum of 2 attached energy, the Max Elixirs will help (if you hit them) offset the extra time needed to attach energy before you can attack. So "in theory," the Max Elixir should keep your deck on par with other "fast" decks.

After testing, you may find that a 2-3 split between Level and Ultra Balls may be better to promote fast and consistent setup, as long as you keep the 4 Trainer's Mail and the 4 VS Seeker. Another helpful Supporter (replacing the 3rd Level Ball) could be Winona.

Since Lycanroc GX's 1st attack discards energy from the defending Pokémon, you could also vary your to run Hammers too in order to cripple your opponent beyond (hopefully) recovery.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Not really needed since Flareon can change Lycanroc GX's Type to Fire for 1HKO, right or am I missing something?

The issue becomes that because Lycanroc GX is weak to Grass that Decidueye GX can also OHKO him.

Thanks for your recommendations, currently in the process of writing up my new decklist that I'll share here and quote you to hear some input.

Anndddd here's the new list. I went with Nest Ball mainly because I didn't have level and because it'll be falling out of the format soonish. Couldn't find any room of Weakness Policy, but I don't feel like that's an auto loss as long as I'm not feeding them 2 prizes for every KO.

Was thinking about taking out Float stone for either Parallel city or maybe Max Elixir? Max Elixir seems like it could easily become dead weight in my hand after I've evolved everything though. Could also probably find some space for Crushing Hammers or Team Flare Grunt.

Pokemon
3 x Lycanroc GX
4 x Rockruff
2 x Eevee
1 x Jolteon
1 x Flareon
1 x Vaporeon
2 x Carbink BREAK
2 x Carbink
1 x Shaymin EX
Item/Supporter/Stadium
1 x Professor Sycamore
3 x Professor Sycamore
1 x N
2 x N
1 x Lillie
3 x Trainers' Mail
4 x VS Seeker
1 x Ultra Ball
1 x Ultra Ball
4 x Nest Ball
3 x Scorched Earth
2 x Float Stone
1 x Switch
1 x Escape Rope
1 x Super Rod
1 x Professor Kukui
1 x Pokemon Ranger
1 x Lysandre
Energy
7 x Fighting Energy - Basic
4 x Strong Energy - Special

Also sorry about the way some cards are separated. I made this list in PokeGYM so I would be able to print it out easily for this weekend.

Last edited:

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Lycanroc makes this deck look very good. THe only problems is going against Lysandre

I assume you mean that they are going to lysandre a Rockruff to the active. If so by turn two that really shouldn't be an issue. It's unlikely that they are going to blow there first turn supporter on Lysandre unless they know I have absolutely nothing else.

Tidaklu

Aspiring Trainer
I still think replacing a Scorched Earth for a Rough Seas is a good idea. Do you really need 4 Sycamore, 3 N, 1 Kukui and 1 Lillie? Maybe try 3 Sycamore and add 1 Lysandre? Since you have 4 VS Seekers, I feel like you definitely can go down to 3 Sycamore.
Also, are you wanting to tech anything in to fight the meta? (Delinquent, Hex, possibly a Mew or Mewtwo (non-EX) for certain matchups)?

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
I might add a weakness policy or two for the decidueye matchup but space is already tight

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Another stadium to consider is the new Brooklet hill that lets you search for Rockruff or Carbink

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Another stadium to consider is the new Brooklet hill that lets you search for Rockruff or Carbink

I'll consider that when the new set comes out, but for now that's not going to do me much good. This decklist is for a league cup this weekend.

I might add a weakness policy or two for the decidueye matchup but space is already tight

I've been considering this but I really don't know what to take out.

I still think replacing a Scorched Earth for a Rough Seas is a good idea. Do you really need 4 Sycamore, 3 N, 1 Kukui and 1 Lillie? Maybe try 3 Sycamore and add 1 Lysandre? Since you have 4 VS Seekers, I feel like you definitely can go down to 3 Sycamore.

It's really only going to benefit me when I have Vaporeon out, which isn't going to be all the time. Vaporeon is there to deal weakness damage to Volcanion. So against most other decks I'll just have a dead card.

That amount of draw support is pretty standard, especially since I only have the one Shaymin EX, and Kukui isn't really for the draw power either, he's for damage. If I was to find room for another Lysandre it would probably be by getting rid of Switch or Escape Rope.