News 'M Camerupt-EX and M Sharpedo-EX Premium Collections' in April!

Odd that the Sharpedo and Camerupt are getting reprinted and another print run (with the new PRC rerelease) (Also, why does a PRC rerelease exist AOR is a much better out-of-print set

MY INTERPRETATIONS!
  • M-Sharpedo's Torpedo Dive - Does 40 damage to 2 of your Opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance)
  • M-Camerupt's Magma Eruption - Discard top 3 cards of your deck. This attack does 120 damage for each energy you discarded. Mallow has a great help

MY INTERPRETATIONS!
  • M-Sharpedo's Torpedo Dive - Does 40 damage to 2 of your Opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance)
  • M-Camerupt's Magma Eruption - Discard top 3 cards of your deck. This attack does 120 damage for each energy you discarded. Mallow has a great help
Confirmed?

Pokémon making it for the lulz - Round 3. lul only a third of what there selling as a product this time is actually new and exclusive. Consumerist redundant EX box bait buy round three yet it looks like evolving from all the tumorous unoriginal EX boxes being pooped out these days. At least the Beedrill Promos were both coming out in a new, unique holofoil type for them. ;P
Not even full arts of these two were allowed in the house (when you put into account that Primal Clash was the firest set to introduce Mega Evolution full arts) and thats savage (that is unnless the Japan Best Of Last Year achieves this).

I know there was an announcement about that Tapu Koko figurine collection a couple of days ago, but I am still hopeful for a beautifully sculpted Mega Abamasnow or Mega Pinsir figure...

Please Nintendo let these cards be decent for once, especially the Sharpedo-EX and M-Sharpedo-EX. If so these boys will definitely be coming into my dark/psychic deck

Well Just saying Nintendo is not in charge of Pokemon cards anymore. The Pokemon company international is in charge.

MY INTERPRETATIONS!
  • M-Camerupt's Magma Eruption - Discard top 3 cards of your deck. This attack does 120 damage for each energy you discarded.

The M Camerupt move makes a lot of sense, that is exactly the sort of attack you'd expect from a fire mega, it's all about the discard and the energies. People may do some sort of pairing with him and Typhlosion, although that is a lot of deck space to take up... Either way, the possibility of doing 360 damage or even just 240 is quite powerful, and obviously Blacksmith can just get those energies back for you.

As for M Sharpedo, that seems a lot less impressive, and I don't see people making use of it. Sure, it could be paired with the likes of Alakazam EX and Gengar, but would it really be worth the effort? For a mega attack, it seems super weak, especially considering that Magnezone EX has an attack that does 50 damage to 2 opponents pokemon. Magnezone EX should not be stronger than Mega Sharpedo EX.
I like Sharpedo EX and I still use it in some of my Dark decks, but I doubt I'll be making room to fit in the Mega and the spirit link, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

In saying all that, the artwork looks pretty nice, so at least they won't be an ugly addition to the collection.

EDIT: If M Sharpedo has no retreat cost, it may change my opinion on the usefulness of the card. Gotta love your zero retreat Megas(Manectric and Beedrill, etc.)

Both artworks are godly, I am SO snagging myself a Sharpedo-EX box! *^*

Also, I see that M-Sharpedo has "120" in it's damage, hopefully it isn't trash and has a good secondary effect!

EDIT: I see that M-Camerupt has 120x.... oh boy. Or is that a minus sign? I definitely see "3 cards", so it probably discards them.

I see that M-Camerupt has 120x.... oh boy. Or is that a minus sign? I definitely see "3 cards", so it probably discards them.

I think it's 120x.

Based on previous "Eruption" attacks (e.g. Camerupt BKP) I have a funny feeling it will be along the lines of "Discard the top 3 cards of your deck. This attacked does 120 damage times the number of Energy cards discarded in this way".

Looking forward to the full texts - I've clung on to 4 FA Camerupt-EX in the hope that the Mega would A) be released; and B) be good!

EDIT: Just saw @Mr. Rhyperior 's post. Looks like we're on the same wave length!

Glad that these are likely to be the missing XY promos, I've been wondering what they were supposed to be!

An EX that does spread based on retreat cost? Me likey.

Somewhat doubt that either will see play given that Volcanion & Darkrai/Yveltal can do just as much damage (or more) with less work, but hey, nice to finally get these megas & they at least have interesting effects.

Shoulda been in Primal Clash, though *mumblegrumble*

Back