• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primarina GX Turbo Water Advice?

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
With the introduction of Aqua Patch coming in Guardians Rising and the hype/success surrounding turbo dark with Darkrai EX, I thought it would be a fun idea to try and use Primarina to do something similar. Here is what I have so far:

Pokemon: (16)

• Popplio SM from (4)

• Brionne SM from (2)

• Primarina GX from SM (4)

• Manaphy EX from BKP (1)

• Giratina EX from AOR (2)

• Tapu Fini GX(1) [Palkia EX from BKP until SM3]

• Tapu Lele GX from SM2/GRI (2)

Trainer: (31)

• Aqua patch (4)

• Max Elixir (3)

• Rough Seas (2)

• Professor Sycamore (2)

• N (1)

• Trainer’s mail (2)

• Special charge (1)

• Escape Rope (2)

• Fighting Fury Belt (3)

• Lysandre (1)

• Hala (1)

• Vs Seeker (4)

• EXP Share (2)

• Rare Candy (2)

Energy: (13)

• Double Dragon from ROS (3)

• Water (10)

Strat: Get energies onto the field as fast as possible for big damage with Bubble Beat on Primarina GX, with Giratina and Fini for support.

I would appreciate any improvement advice, since I'm not convinced this is the best it can be. Thanks in advance!

I'm making 2 different Primarina GX decks right now, the first one is similar to the list your making here

One of the biggest thing's I'm noticing is that you are going to switch Palkia EX for Tapu Fini GX and I'm really confused by this, Palkia accelerate's water energy where as Tapu Fini doesn't and actually just seems counter productive. I would say run 2 Palkia and cut Lele by 1 and remove fini entirely. Personally I think you should try and lead Palkia to start off the game so runing more might be optimal.

You don't run Shaymin, Octillary or Oranguru which as proven by the current meta is basically a requirement. To make it worse you only run 2 Sycamore and 1 N, Yes you have 4 VS Seekers but Your still really lacking the ability to draw consistently.

You could Probably cut Fighting Fury belt, Escape Rope, and Hala entirely, your main attackers doesn't benefit from Fighting Fury Belt and Manaphy gives you free retreat already And I am just questioning the uses of Hala.

Add more Rare Candy, Max Elixer, Double Dragon Energy

You also need search power, I'd suggest Dive Balls as they get all of your water pokemon, and maybe a few Ultra Balls.

Recap:
Things to add:
Shaymin EX/Octillary/Oranguru
Palkia
N
Professor Sycamore
Dive Balls
Ultra Balls
Max Elixer
Rare Candy
Double Dragon Energy

Things to Cut Out
Hala
Escape Rope
Tapu Fini GX
Tapu Lele GX
Fighting Fury Belt

As I'm sure You've noticed, there are more things to add than what is getting cut so you will need to get rid of a bit more stuff.

Or you could do what I'm doing in my 2nd Primarina Deck and try and make an Archie's Ace in the Hole Primarina, You might need to switch it to Expanded to get it working more optimally but It's a lot of fun to use.

Hope I could help.

I'm making 2 different Primarina GX decks right now, the first one is similar to the list your making here

One of the biggest thing's I'm noticing is that you are going to switch Palkia EX for Tapu Fini GX and I'm really confused by this, Palkia accelerate's water energy where as Tapu Fini doesn't and actually just seems counter productive. I would say run 2 Palkia and cut Lele by 1 and remove fini entirely. Personally I think you should try and lead Palkia to start off the game so runing more might be optimal.

You don't run Shaymin, Octillary or Oranguru which as proven by the current meta is basically a requirement. To make it worse you only run 2 Sycamore and 1 N, Yes you have 4 VS Seekers but Your still really lacking the ability to draw consistently.

You could Probably cut Fighting Fury belt, Escape Rope, and Hala entirely, your main attackers doesn't benefit from Fighting Fury Belt and Manaphy gives you free retreat already And I am just questioning the uses of Hala.

Add more Rare Candy, Max Elixer, Double Dragon Energy

You also need search power, I'd suggest Dive Balls as they get all of your water pokemon, and maybe a few Ultra Balls.

Recap:
Things to add:
Shaymin EX/Octillary/Oranguru
Palkia
N
Professor Sycamore
Dive Balls
Ultra Balls
Max Elixer
Rare Candy
Double Dragon Energy

Things to Cut Out
Hala
Escape Rope
Tapu Fini GX
Tapu Lele GX
Fighting Fury Belt

As I'm sure You've noticed, there are more things to add than what is getting cut so you will need to get rid of a bit more stuff.

Or you could do what I'm doing in my 2nd Primarina Deck and try and make an Archie's Ace in the Hole Primarina, You might need to switch it to Expanded to get it working more optimally but It's a lot of fun to use.

Hope I could help.
I like the idea, and I appreciate the advice. My idea behind fewer draw supporters was the fact that I could search with Lele. Wasn't necessarily thinking about ability lock though.

I found a really old card called "Holon's Electrode" it is not legal in Standard, Expanded, or Legacy unfortunately. So I'm side boarding it in for fun friendly matches in place of some water energies.
Holon%27s_Electrode__21_113__EX_Delta_Species.jpg

It is similar to the Evolutions Buzzap Electrode except it can be played from the hand (meaning you don't need to run voltorb) and doesn't count as a knock out. but the most appealing part is that it is every energy type just like Double Dragon Energy so it can fit in this deck fairly well I think. Just a card I thought I should tell you about it for your deck.

Edit: It has other cool benefits like being able able to be searched out with Level Ball or Ultra Ball. Which you can't do for special energy normally.

Last edited:
Need to figure out a way to get more draw support into the deck, but i really like the concept! I'm going to start making some lists to test!!

So, these are probably more personal preferences but here are some things you could do,
-3 fighting fury belts (they don't help primarina which is your main attacker.)
-1 Special charge ( having access to 3 double dragon energy should be fine)
-2 Escape rope +1 Manaphy (unless you're against ability lock, this should greatly benefit you do to manaphy being easier to get out.)
+1 Professor sycamore
This are added consistency. With 2 Tapu Lele if you have 4 ultra balls you should be good to go.
+4 Ultra ball
+3 Dive ball
Pokemon search
Now this is just an idea but if you add skyla with tapu lele, you could search out rare candy.
Otherwise I would say +1 rare candy.

To make room for things, you could remove a 1-1-1 Primarina line and the trainers mail.

To make room for things, you could remove a 1-1-1 Primarina line and the trainers mail.

I'd agree with cutting some of the Primarina line as you'll already lose 3 bench spaces to Tapu Lele, Manaphy EX & Giratina. You definitely do not need a 4th Primarina GX in any case

Back