News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Wow, this may very well be my second favourite Slowbro card artwork wise (right after the Team Rocket card). Gotta love the fact that he will probably never reach the berry because the shell doesn't seem to be cooperating.

Just compared the two Slowbro cards (the old school Rocket one, with this one). Then the power creep really becomes visable haha;

60 HP vs 110 HP
40 (flip a coin, if tails nothing, so basically 20) vs 50 + 80.

I remember when HP and attacks like that were only available to Charizard, but your whole deck would run out of energy after two/three hits ;)

So, with Ariados you do 50+80+10 from Poison, which is 140. With Choice Band that's 170, which isn't too bad.

Probably not gonna be a top tier competitive deck, but it could be cute in SM-On.

I am so happy that most of the sun and moon card artwork were did NOT have computer Graphics. This art reminds me of artwork from Fossil and Jungle!

Old school! Also I don't think anyone's seeing the potential of this yet. I love it as a tech tbh, possibly 4-4 if there's deck space.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Slowblow - Amnesia is a decent attack. Many powerful cards rely on one powerful attack like Yveltal (Y Cyclone is still decent). This could help. Facade not Endeavor still also decent.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Slowblow - Amnesia is a decent attack. Many powerful cards rely on one powerful attack like Yveltal (Y Cyclone is still decent). This could help. Facade not Endeavor still also decent.
That is nice. Slowbro could make a good card with a deck. If you wanted to make a Slowking deck (Breakpoint) that is. Otherwise it will be good for standard.

Endeavor is a set amount of damage + a variable amount of damage for each heads (it's usually flip 2 or 3 coins, x+ 20 for each heads). As Mr. Rhyperior pointed out, the attack the translator misinterpreted Endeavor as was probably Facade.

These Sun/Moon artworks are really awesome. Haven't been this excited about the ''normal'' cards since Neo Destiny I believe. It's like they really put some love in it again.

Why is it that the Sugimori and TCG art (so far) look so derpy while its in-game model is so cute?

Not really a fan of that Sandshrew, but I love that Sandslash!

Back