• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Darkrai's Wish

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Beach Bums! Here's my Darkrai Dragonair list. It's come down to Earth a little bit, I'm 34-13 now and have had a couple of defeats to non-fighting decks, but it's pretty powerful. The key is to getting that turn 2 or 3 Dragon's Wish and then getting a boatload of energy during the next turn.

Word of warning - if your opponent plays Ranger in the turn after you play Dragon's Wish, you will not be able to attach multiple energy in the following turn. You'll have to Dragon's Wish again (if you can!).

##Pokémon - 14
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 4 Dratini SM 94
* 4 Dragonair SM 95
##Trainer Cards - 30
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 4 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Ultra Ball SM 135
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Lillie SM 122
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Switch SM 160
##Energy - 16
* 12 Darkness Energy EVO 97
* 4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

Hey Beach Bums! Here's my Darkrai Dragonair list. It's come down to Earth a little bit, I'm 34-13 now and have had a couple of defeats to non-fighting decks, but it's pretty powerful. The key is to getting that turn 2 or 3 Dragon's Wish and then getting a boatload of energy during the next turn.

Word of warning - if your opponent plays Ranger in the turn after you play Dragon's Wish, you will not be able to attach multiple energy in the following turn. You'll have to Dragon's Wish again (if you can!).

##Pokémon - 14
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 4 Dratini SM 94
* 4 Dragonair SM 95
##Trainer Cards - 30
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 4 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Ultra Ball SM 135
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Lillie SM 122
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Switch SM 160
##Energy - 16
* 12 Darkness Energy EVO 97
* 4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97

I have seen this on a couple deck lists you are running. Why Lillie in such high counts? I like the card, but haven't found a reason to use it in such high counts.

I was hoping you had some numbers on her use lol! I like the card and as you know, I agree with you on N. I have thought this was a good alternative. I am going to incorporate the card more. Thanks!

Onto the actual deck. I think I would incorporate one more silent lab. T1 that can be absolutely devastating!

I also think an energy retrieval or two might make a lot of sense.

There are no Wally. You MUST have 4 Wally. You need to find space for that, I'd recommend taking out all Lillies for them. Also, DCE is useless with Darkrai-EX, there is no reason to play it. If your going to run DCE, try to run a coup,e of Yveltal-EX as well. It helps a ,out especially since it's easy to stack energy.

Hey rainyman yeah wally might not be a bad idea. Problem is it's hit and miss and stunts draw support early in the game... but it's worth a shot.

Not running DCE, I think maybe you misread.

FayID - agree I should probably try to squeeze one in. Maybe cut a letter, some games I think I have more energy in the discard than in the deck by the time I Wish.... Oh and thanks for the support on N. Sometimes people treat me like I have 3 heads when I comment that N hurts you more than it helps you. Lillie is definitely a better alternative than Birch, esp. in decks with a lot of Insta play cards.

There are no Wally. You MUST have 4 Wally. You need to find space for that, I'd recommend taking out all Lillies for them. Also, DCE is useless with Darkrai-EX, there is no reason to play it. If your going to run DCE, try to run a coup,e of Yveltal-EX as well. It helps a ,out especially since it's easy to stack energy.
I disagree 4 of a card just to get Dragonair out T1 is dumb I think 2 max, especially because I've won games without getting Dragonair out at all

Just tried 4 Wally and woo let me tell you I'm not sure exactly what I need to fix this deck but that ain't it. Went 1 - 7 in eight matches. Only played Wally once and it didn't make a difference as it was the only supporter card in my hand, it was turn 1 and I went first, and I had a Dragonair in hand as well.

I will say I'm a little perplexed at how this deck has completely swung to the negative after being so dominant (33-10 in first 43 matches).

Haha very funny suggestion Tanure:)... and to bring everyone else up to speed - I don't play N because I have tested it and my analysis shows that N hurts you more than it helps you.

Back