News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Surely the most suitable pokémon to be granted the Rainbow rarity, none other then the beautiful, incandescent elegance that is the golden rainbow phoenix, Ho-Oh. Praise be with the Golden lord of ressurection and reincarnation.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
I want a set with only Secret Rares!
Too bad this isn't a Johto set with Lugia GX and the Legendary Beasts GX.

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
September? Wouldn't this correspond to our August set right before Worlds?

More basic GX's will probably be a good thing! That's going to have to be one heck of a GX attack for Ho-Oh. [R][W][G][L] for some sort of crazy effect maybe, or it's an energy setup move like Solgaleo's, or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and just need that rainbow rare rainbow bird in my life right now. This is going to be a long few months.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
It's about time Ho-Oh got some movie love. Now my only hope is the card doesn't suck and that I get a new Pidgeot card to mess around with. I hope Ho-Oh is a fire type because Grass and Metal are going to be OP.

carrotfoot

Aspiring Trainer
Poor Ho-oh seems to never get anything to its own. It had to share its own BREAK box with Lugia. Hopefully this set means good times are coming for it.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Did You See the Fighting Rainbow? As opposed to "Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?" (Lyrics from Hybrid Rainbow, a song by my favorite band, the pillows, which was used in episode 2 of my favorite anime, FLCL.)

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what will be in these sets! And I'm hoping Ho-oh GX will be interesting and playable. The past two EX's weren't super great. The first one saw very little play, and the last one probably hasn't seen any play. (Meanwhile, both Lugia EX's were very much playable.) Necrozma will probably be nifty too.

500 secret rares feels accurate. >:| Pull rates for Sun and Moon booster boxes were nonsense. Only 12 packs can have a combination of holos and ultra rares, 1 to maybe 2 of which are full arts, and maybe 1 rainbow rare or secret rare. Right before the set came out, there were reports that full arts took the place of the reverse and the secret rare energies took the place of the regular energy. I pre-ordered two booster boxes because it sounded like TPCi got their act together and made the pull rates a little bit better since there were so many ultra rares. But no, none of that was true. (There was confusion about some boxes which had the full art and reverse switch places, but the full art didn't replace the reverse.) All things considered, I'd say the pull rates are worse than XY sets (which I would say had decent ultra rare pull rates, most of the time). Now, more than ever, TPCi needs to look back to the HGSS sets. Put regular GX's in the reverse slot and have 5 to 6 per box. Keep the full arts, rainbow rares, and secret rare as the rare slot, but have 4 to 5 per box. (And increase the holo pull rate slightly. Between two boxes, I still didn't come close to pulling all of the holos, and that's just sad.) /end rant

Ho-Oh and Necrozma are certainly an interesting combination as far as cover cards for corresponding sets go.

We're in Gen 7, so clearly it'll be 700.
Right, but we now have just over 800 Pokemon, and Necrozma is #800, so obviously it will be 800.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheScarfedPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Necrozma is a prism. When you shine light through a prism, it becomes a rainbow. Ho-oh is the rainbow Pokemon!

Can I be MatPat now? :p

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
How exactly would that work? No one knows any of the cards and 99 out of 100 packs are completely empty?
There would be only 2 cards in the set and 99 out of 100 packs have 1 "normal" SR card, and you can get a special secret rainbow hyper SR card.