Discussion GX Abilities???

rayquazatopaz34

How to Pokemon?
I was recently cruising through a few forums discussing 2018 Rotation and some key cards that will go. In these lists, $$$haymin-EX was getting roasted and it made me wonder if it were possible to balance its ability. If Shaymin-EX was reprinted as a GX card, would it be better it it was a Set Up -GX ability only able to be used ONCE a game?

I believe that it could be fun to have a once-a-game ability that follows the GX mechanic. What broken and cool abilities do you think could be born from this?

I feel effects like setup should not be in the game in back to back rotations and should be printed to address something, like a format that is too slow. Pidgeot back in the first ex format was balanced because it made all decks it was in better but didn't break the balance of power because cards back then weren't that overpowered to what we see now and if that Pidgeot was in today's format, its "search your deck for any ability" would make things too good, which is why I dislike Mallow being printed in a format where its effect is pretty much a search your deck for two cards and put it into your hand with things like Shaymin-EX and Octillery in the game.

Making setup in the Sun and Moon block with its high damage output means we would have a BW/XY 3.0 format. I feel they should let Sun and Moon stabilize before they make such an effect again. I do get the idea of a once per game ability but they kind of did this with Ace Specs and we all know how that turned out. Right now we have Oranguru so you may have to use that.

Back