Help Lapras GX

SilverSurfer1956

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,
I am pretty new to the game , so please don't rush to judgement on my question.
Lapras GX has an attack for 160 damage and it cannot be used on its next turn.
I know I can use Pokemon Ranger to negate that, but I was also wondering if I can retreat him to the bench and then switch him back up either with Manaphy's free retreat or using another switch or Olympia.

Thanks

Yes, you can. All effects reset when a Pokemon is benched, including those of attacks, status conditions, etc. The effects don't magically reappear when you put Lapras active again. The only effects that do not reset are those that hit the whole board, like Giratina EX's Chaos Wheel, Seismitoad EX's Quaking punch, etc.

Hope this helps!

Yes, you can. All effects reset when a Pokemon is benched, including those of attacks, status conditions, etc. The effects don't magically reappear when you put Lapras active again. The only effects that do not reset are those that hit the whole board, like Giratina EX's Chaos Wheel, Seismitoad EX's Quaking punch, etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
I have been trying this on the Pokemon TCG online , and it will not let me do this, swap, so that's why I posted this.

be aware you only have 1 retreat action a turn, even with manaphy reducing the energy cost to zero, things like switch/escape rope/Olympia don't count as using the retreat action though so you can retreat then play switch (or vise versa) to get the effect of clearing lapras you want.

Be aware that Manaphy reduces Retreat Cost, it doesn't give you a literal free Retreat. You can still only retreat once per turn. You'd forcefully need a Switch/Escape Rope/Olympia to do that...

Either that, or have 2 Lapras-GX and alternate those. xD

Back