• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Espeon / Lunala GX It can work.

Gamenvape

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so before shooting it down please try it out, it has a lot of draw power for the first few turns and nearly every game on turn one you can get Espeon on the bench (or attack position) and constantly do 30 damage min and add confusion leaving the opponent 1 of two options, stay confused and not attack, or risk it and either get lucky or miss and do more damage to themselves whilst you power him up. Lunala is there mainly for energy switch as often as possible plus its attack is pretty sweet. Alolan Muk is placed in instead of Garbador so I dont shut off my own abilities (except Oranguru (but he only gets played if you play all your playable cards to quickly) and has proven useful with both draw power and attack power. I currently have 95% win rate with this deck (albeit I have only played around 20 games or so) and most where against top tier decks like Darkrai, typhlosion, yveltal, volcanion etc.

To make this deck standard I had to replace Dimension valley with delinquent & Mewtwo X ball with Mewtwo Shatter shot.
**edit** for standard the consistency seems off, ive added another Espeon GX line and removed toxapex line, added another trainer mail and removed a delinquent, removed 1 nest ball for another N. Gonna see how this standard version runs.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee SM 101
* 2 Oranguru SM 113
* 2 Alolan Grimer SM 57
* 1 Alolan Muk SM 58
* 2 Cosmog SM 64
* 2 Cosmoem SM 65
* 2 Lunala-GX SM 66
* 2 Espeon-GX SM 61
* 1 Mareanie SM 62
* 1 Toxapex SM 63
* 1 Mewtwo-EX NXD 54

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Poison Barb SM 124
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Hau SM 120
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Rare Candy SM 129
* 4 Nest Ball SM 123
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Professor Kukui SM 128

##Energy - 13

* 9 Psychic Energy SM 162
* 2 Mystery Energy PHF 112
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:

swan

aspiring memer
First thing's first; Lunala-GX is a tight packed deck, it has been hard for me to fit in even 1-1 of Espeon-GX, but Toxapex and Muk aswell?!? Also, wtf is oranguru doing in an evolution orientated deck?
I can't seem to find sycamore anywhere, always run at least 3 (please don't complain about that not too common problem of discarding resources when that super common problem of not getting any resources is much more prominent as an issue). I'd add another N. Remove them Hau's and Kukui is for the damage increase, not for draw power please. draw 2 cards wasn't even a good supporter effect 7 years ago... Also, try lysandre to take out anything hiding on the bench.
Poison barb is a bit underwhelming too. (bursting balloon will almost always output more damage). Consider max potion for ungodly heals.
However, the most important thing I needed to say: typhlosion is most definately not a tier 1 deck (maybe tier 5/6)
All the best,
Swan

PokémonRanger2319

YAY!
Ok, here goes:

-2 Alolan Grimer
-1 Alolan Muk
-1 Mareanie
-1 Toxapex
-1 Cosmoem
-1 Mewtwo
-2 Toxic Barb

+1 Eevee
+1 Espeon-GX
+3 Max Potion
+4 Lillie

I feel that there are way too many "techs" in this deck, so I suggested a lot of removals, however this means the Espeon line needs to be buffed
Max Potion is always something I strive for as a 4 count of in energy transfer decks, because healing completely for 0 cost is just so strong. I'm sure you can find people that will disagree with me, and I do understand that it's really a dead card in the starting hand, so I think 3 is fine. It has a reprint in Breakpoint and I believe Sun and Moon so it will be around for a while.
Sycamore has been a gold standard for consistency, but Lillie is better for consistency in my opinion- you can add sycamore if you want though, it's your deck.

swan

aspiring memer
Out of interest: why is lillie better for consistency? I get that you need cards early, so draw support is most relevant t1 for stage 2 decks like this one; but I'm not sure if I want to be stranded in a brick (generally extra bricky in evolution decks) during the middle game.
I have found that running 2 max potion is enough to overtake the opponent on prizes that you missed while setting up; Even when 1 is discarded early to a sycamore.
Also I advise against using DCE and mystery energy as they do more weakness to the deck than good.
Had a great idea just now: Run wailord-EX to stall with your max potions early game!!! I may be trolling...

PokémonRanger2319

YAY!
1. Stage 2/Stage 1 decks running thin Stage 2 lines can't typically afford to sycamore, for example:

You have 2 Lunala-GX or similar cards along with Sycamore. You play sycamore because you need more cards to keep up momentum, and suddenly Lunala-GX will not come out. If you had a Lillie, you would still be in the game, but instead you have discarded your chance at Lunala. Combined with bad prizing (running 2 gives you a 6/30- simplify to 1/5, chance of prizing 1) even 1 discarded by sycamore can ruin your day.

My math and my opinions however, do what you will.

2. 2 Max Potions seems OK, but if you wanted to buy this deck I would buy 4 and test all amounts of Max Potion, only testing will tell.

3. DCE and Mystery should go, I agree:
DCE can't be transferred by Lunala
Mystery can be enhanced hammered and ultimately doesn't make that big a difference.

4. To be honest, Espeon's first attack, especially when executed turn 1 (you have to go second for this), is quite stally.

Also, I would make the suggestions of:
-2 DCE
-2 Mystery

+4 Basic Psychic

and

-1 ?
+1 Eevee

to increase chances of starting Eevee.

swan

aspiring memer
1)
My math and my opinions however, do what you will.
I believe the figure is above 21% actually; more than 1/5. :p
Although my build ran a thicker than 2-2-2 line of lunala-GX. So I'm not sure we are quite on the same page; I guess it depends on the list for which supporter is optimal.
2)
I'll admit 2 is cutting it close, especially in any list with sycamore. With lillie 2 might be a little "more OK"
4)
From my experience in testing its better to drop the eevee line entirely and use cards like wobb, mewtewo-EX, and try to build at least 2 lunalas, although espeon-GX is not nearly as cloggy as I first though it might be, I feel [p, p] scatter shot + lysandre is a better out to garbodor than divide-GX as it takes up the GX slot. Although garb doesn't seem to be popular atm.

PokémonRanger2319

YAY!
1a: I tried my math again, it just doesn't add up to that.

1b/2: I see. You are correct.

4: You can use lysandre for both. Lysandre + Psychic= OHKO and you are still risking a 2-prize attacker, so I don't see how Mewtwo counters Garb any better.

Seeing the list I would definitely add a Lysandre.
-2 Pokemon Center Lady
+2 Lysandre

Lysandre is just an incredible way to turn games and the second one helps with getting it when you want.

EDIT: I was a little bit vague when I simply said "Psychic". I meant Espeon-GX's second attack.

swan

aspiring memer
I tried my math again, it just doesn't add up to that.
1) its maths, not "math", I shouldn't have to say this to people so much...
2) mewtwo-EX has a cheaper energy cost: you can throw it down faster than espeon-GX (esp under garb). But I assume that you run a thicker espeon line and a thinner lunala line than me.
3) (1-(58!/52!)/(60!/54!))x100%=19.15% my bad, sorry, I guess I mixed up which side of 20% the figure is on.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a comp player by any means, but I do see a few things wrong with this. First of all, what is the Escape Rope for? Also, why do you have Float Stone AND Mystery Energy? I'd drop the Mystery Energy.

This deck makes many mistakes I used to make, one being too much variation in Pokemon. (And too many techs, like mentioned above <_<).

1) its maths, not "math", I shouldn't have to say this to people so much...

Nope. Proper English is 'math.' If you're in the US or Canada, that is. British people, on the other hand, will use 'maths' because it's short for 'mathematics.'