• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lurantis GX deckbuild

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
The idea behind this deck is to accelerate energy to set up T1/T2 with Lurantis. Tauros GX is a secondary attacker that can do a lot of damage and can possibly OHKO your opponents active. Garbodor and Silent lab are there to make the Volcanion match up slightly more favorable.

Pokemon 15
4-Fromantis (energy acceleration)
3-Lurantis GX (main attacker)
2- Shaymin EX (obvious reasons)
2-Tauros GX
2-2 Garbodor line

Supporters 11
1-Professor Kukui (extra damage, card draw)
4-Sycamore
2-N
1-Pokemon Center Lady (healing)
1-Deliquent
2-Lysandre

Items 20
4-Ultra Ball
2-Level Ball
2-Super Potion( loss of one energy isn't that big of deal for this deck)
4-VS Seeker
3- Trainers Mail
1-Super Rod
2- Assualt Vest (Reduced Damage)
2-Float Stone

Stadium 4
3-Forest Of Giant Plants( evolves faster)
1-Silent Lab

energy 10
10 grass

Any ideas on how to improve or thoughts are appreciated. I am thinking about removing something for a switch or an Olympia but not sure what to remove.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice list.

I'd suggest running 1 Parallel City (-1 FoGP) to get your Shaymin EXs of your bench when no longer needed/wanted.

Other variants of this deck incorporates Vileplume; so, you may want to consider adding 1 Hex Maniac.

-1 Super Potion for an Olympia? If so, then you may not need 2 Float Stone.

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
yeah I thought of running 3 Forest to add in a Parallel City. I haven't seen a lot of Vileplume in my area as of yet but there is a League Cup coming up next month so it might not hurt to add a hex Maniac and maybe drop the Deliquent. Dropping a super for an Olympia is a pretty solid idea and I think I'll give it a shot. Your not loosing much healing and you can a way to switch out an unwanted active Pokemon. The only problem with this deck is that I see a lot of Volcanian in my area.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Something that me and a buddy of mine at league have been testing is Lurantis/Eeveelutions. It covers weakness and even the mirror. Basically, you get whatever Eeveelution you need online and then hit for 120+weakness which totals 240 knocking out a good majority of the meta or 120+weakness+Professor Kukui which totals 280. It knocks out Yveltals, Volcanions, Solgaleos, and pretty much anything that is weak to Grass, Fire, Water, or Electric. Even if your opponent isn't weak to any of the aforementioned types, 120+1 Professor Kukui is 2 shotting everything in the meta:)

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
I'm going to suggest a 2-2 GarboLock line in here over the Ariados and dropping the Sceptile EX for a Tauros GX or a Lugia EX. That way, you have a strong Revenge Killer and Ability Lock available since Lurantis GX isn't affected by it at all.

You can also check out my article if you want. The link is in my profile. I wrote a full thing on Lurantis GX because the card is amazing.

-Asmer

Last edited:

Gandalf121504

Aspiring Trainer
I agree ariados is not good enough for the deck as it only does tiny bits of extra damage that you will not even need in most matchups. I have considered trying this deck with the grass Shaymin ex for extra heal as well as Garbodor or eeveelutions.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I'm going to suggest a 2-2 GarboLock line in here over the Ariados and dropping the Sceptile EX for a Tauros GX or a Lugia EX. That way, you have a strong Revenge Killer and Item Lock available since Lurantis GX isn't affected by it at all.
-Asmer
Ability lock, right?

Last edited:

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
If i were to run it with the eevvee it would be Flarion just for the Volvanion match up but you could also run weakness policy. I am going to add Tauros GX and a copy of Ninja Boy. Which means Ariados would not serve any purpose in this deck. after these changes it would look something like this.

Pokemon 14
4-Fromantis (energy acceleration)
3-Lurantis GX (main attacker)
2- Shaymin EX (obvious reasons)
1- Tauros GX
2-2 Garbodor

Supporters 12
1-Professor Kukui (extra damage, card draw)
4-Sycamore
2-N
1-Pokemon Center Lady (healing)
1-Enhanced Hammer
1-Deliquent
2-Lysandre

Items 20
4-Ultra Ball
2-Level Ball
1-Super Potion( loss of one energy isn't that big of deal for this deck)
4-VS Seeker
3- Trainers Mail
1-Revitalizer
2- Assualt Vest (Reduced Damage)
2-Float Stone
1-Ninja Boy

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to suggest a 2-2 GarboLock line in here over the Ariados and dropping the Sceptile EX for a Tauros GX or a Lugia EX. That way, you have a strong Revenge Killer and Ability Lock available since Lurantis GX isn't affected by it at all.

You can also check out my article if you want. The link is in my profile. I wrote a full thing on Lurantis GX because the card is amazing.

-Asmer
I found this article extremely helpful and exactly why i love this card. In my area te big GX everyone wants is Decideuye GX (I probably spelled that wrong). Inever thought of Lugia EX as a partner for him and like the idea but unfortunately I don't have any at the moment.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
I found this article extremely helpful and exactly why i love this card. In my area te big GX everyone wants is Decideuye GX (I probably spelled that wrong). Inever thought of Lugia EX as a partner for him and like the idea but unfortunately I don't have any at the moment.
I'm glad you enjoyed the content!
There are quite a few partners that work out really well, luckily, so you don't have to necessarily play Lugia EX if you don't have them. Tauros GX works well and heck, you can even run Lurantis GX/Shiinotic to pretty high success if you want. The card is just that flexible. Someone in T32 for day one was running Solgaleo GX/Lurantis GX, which is a great concept, by the way.

Either way, keep it up and let us know if you have any more questions! I'm glad I was able to help you and I'll do what I can to help out more.

-Asmer