News New 'Pokemon Bank' Details for Transferred RBY Pokemon, Synced Pokedexes!

So they're blocking Mew? Can't say I didn't see this coming, but that's still somewhat disappointing. That was half the reason I was considering buying the VC games.
Yeah it was probably a good albeit killjoy move, it would have been nice of them to allow everyone to get a Mew outside of events. Ironic too because we also got Mew's z-crystal. My main dislike though is that bank pokemon don't fill up your pokedex

Can anyone tell me real quick before I update if any pokémon banked and the miles stored are kept after the download?

Transferred some pokemon from Bank over to Sun and...

1) I guess there's no National Dex in the game because I still can only view the Alola Dex. Is there still some requirement to get the National Dex in-game, like complete the Alola Dex first perhaps?

2) The syncing between Bank and my Sun version doesn't seem to work, as in, pokemon I have in my Bank are not being registered as caught in my game. This is something that's supposed to happen, right?

Transferred some pokemon from Bank over to Sun and...

2) The syncing between Bank and my Sun version doesn't seem to work, as in, pokemon I have in my Bank are not being registered as caught in my game. This is something that's supposed to happen, right?

Yes. You still have to transfer the mons to the games for them to be registered as caught in said game. Likewise, Pokémon you have in Bank won't be registered in the Dex feature since it gathers the Dex data from the games but not from itself, lol.

There isn't a National Dex in S/M for whatever reason.

This new Bank Dex feature is the reason.

Why does Bank look different in those Hong Kong screenshots? Mine still looks the same .-.

That's what it looks like when you go to the Pokedex option. Otherwise, the box will still look the same. Note how there are no repeats and some Pokemon are grayed out.

I was just going through the Pokedex on Pokebank and I discovered something interesting. You know how you get a shiny effect in the Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokedex when you register a Uber or Mythical Pokemon? Well, you get that for every other Uber and Mythical Pokemon in the Pokebank Pokedex. Every Pokemon except one. Mewtwo. While this is probably just a mistake, it's interesting that they didn't give Mewtwo the shiny effect like other Uber and Mythical Pokemon.

I was just going through the Pokedex on Pokebank and I discovered something interesting. You know how you get a shiny effect in the Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokedex when you register a Uber or Mythical Pokemon? Well, you get that for every other Uber and Mythical Pokemon in the Pokebank Pokedex. Every Pokemon except one. Mewtwo. While this is probably just a mistake, it's interesting that they didn't give Mewtwo the shiny effect like other Uber and Mythical Pokemon.
Yeah I noticed that as well. Odd that it doesn't have that holo effect. Wish the Pokémon were animated instead of stills. While it is great, still would have much preferred the national security in game

From what I read (I haven't checked it myself), they gave that shiny effect to Box legendaries. Mewtwo isn't one. Funny enough, Zygarde has the shiny effect (Maybe Z will still be a thing lol).

From what I read (I haven't checked it myself), they gave that shiny effect to Box legendaries. Mewtwo isn't one. Funny enough, Zygarde has the shiny effect (Maybe Z will still be a thing lol).

You could be right and all Box legendaries and Mythical Pokemon get the shiny effect (of course, with the exception of Zygarde). But I still find it a little odd that every Uber Pokemon gets the shiny effect except for Mewtwo. Also, if it was indeed Box Pokemon, then Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Pikachu (and by extension, the evolutions, like with Cosmog and Cosmoem) would also have the shiny effect.

Last edited:
Back