News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

if sudowoodo and parallel city are in play, opponent can have 3 benched as parallel is most restrictive.
if sudowoodo and sky field are in play, opponent can have 4 benched as sudowoodo is most restrictive.

also while this is a powerful card that can shut down certain decks it won't be tournament legal for us tell around mid/late May so the earliest major tournament we should see it in would be Seattle Regionals.

Last edited:
I have question... since this says it limits your opponents bench and sky field says each player can have 8 benched... could I play a sky field of my own and this to limit there bench and increase mine?

I have question... since this says it limits your opponents bench and sky field says each player can have 8 benched... could I play a sky field of my own and this to limit there bench and increase mine?

How does this interact with Sky Field in play?

Okay, newbie question here. What's having a priority: this or sky field?

if sudowoodo and parallel city are in play, opponent can have 3 benched as parallel is most restrictive.
if sudowoodo and sky field are in play, opponent can have 4 benched as sudowoodo is most restrictive.

also while this is a powerful card that can shut down certain decks it won't be tournament legal for us tell around mid/late May so the earliest major tournament we should see it in would be Seattle Regionals.
The ruling is Sudowoodo will always prioritize over Sky field

Yeah, you could rock 8 pokes and limit them to 4 at the same time

I like this Sudowoodo, it seems pretty cool.
And I just realized Decidueye-GX can use Forest of Giant Plants. Shrug, could be pretty nice.
Slow off the boat, eh? xP

I actually made a few theory lists around Forest of Giant Plants and Shiinotic. One involves Decidueye-GX and the other involves prioritizing First Turn Vileplume Lock. Sadly, I will not be able to go to Anaheim this year, so neither are of any use to me now. ;~;

Oh well. If anyone wants them, PM me.

-Asmer

Slow off the boat, eh? xP

I actually made a few theory lists around Forest of Giant Plants and Shiinotic. One involves Decidueye-GX and the other involves prioritizing First Turn Vileplume Lock. Sadly, I will not be able to go to Anaheim this year, so neither are of any use to me now. ;~;

Oh well. If anyone wants them, PM me.

-Asmer
Yeah, I was thinking of a bunch of Grass types for new decks. Grass has certainly been getting some major boost the last few sets. I like the idea of Tsareena/Shiinotic as a disruption deck, maybe add some Decidueye-GX, just might get too clunky. Lurantis would also be nice with the 20 damage boost, helping some Pokémon out, like getting Decidueye to 110 damage for a 2HKO on most GXs or M EXs.

EDIT: Also just realized Volcanion got a new friend, 20 extra damage plus something for Water if you really want to play 2+ Grass Energy, which I wouldn't, but the option is there I guess.

Last edited:
If this card blocks Sky Field... I can see it replacing Parallel City in many decks, even if it is a weaker effect. My reasons to it:

- It is searchable via item cards like Nest and Ultra Ball. Compare it to stadiums, which have very difficult searching options to guarantee getting it out.
- Parellel City can simply get discarded by other stadiums - and worse, Delinquented off. To cancal out Sudowoodo, you would have either knock it out, or nullify the ability via Hex Maniac or Garbodor/Muk. In other words, Sudowoodo takes much more effort for a Sky Field player to counter, and remember that M Gardevoir, Mega Ray, Xerneas, etc; do rely on abilities to recover their bench.
- When two Parallel City players face each other, It first player who plays the card prevents the other player from playing their own city on top. But this card does not have that restriction - one can bench this pokemon and limit the opponent down to four anyways.

I would love to experiment with a tech like this. If I could only get my online client back up again someday...

Hi everyone.

New to Pokebeach. Just started collecting again after like 15 years. I'm collecting Japanese cards and I had just bought a booster box each of Jap Sun and Jap Moon.
Can I check is this new set SM1+ a completely different set of 51 cards? If there are reprints, do we know how much of the set are reprints of Sun / Moon cards?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone.

New to Pokebeach. Just started collecting again after like 15 years. I'm collecting Japanese cards and I had just bought a booster box each of Jap Sun and Jap Moon.
Can I check is this new set SM1+ a completely different set of 51 cards? If there are reprints, do we know how much of the set are reprints of Sun / Moon cards?

Thanks in advance.

SM1+ is part reprints and part new cards. Some are a little of both; for example, the starters are getting reprinted, but the starter GX cards will also have FA and HR cards now as well which are new. You can look through the news archives to see the cards that have been revealed so far, but if you don't mind waiting a bit, we'll probably have a full set list sometime in the next few days since SM1+ comes out this Friday.

SM1+ is part reprints and part new cards. Some are a little of both; for example, the starters are getting reprinted, but the starter GX cards will also have FA and HR cards now as well which are new. You can look through the news archives to see the cards that have been revealed so far, but if you don't mind waiting a bit, we'll probably have a full set list sometime in the next few days since SM1+ comes out this Friday.

Thanks Athena. Will look out for it. I was tempted to get a box but saw that the price is kinda high for a set which could contain reprints. Will hold out for now.

Thanks Athena. Will look out for it. I was tempted to get a box but saw that the price is kinda high for a set which could contain reprints. Will hold out for now.

The price increase is because all of the cards included are going to be holo.

What do you all think? Will this set come as something in between like in Japan (like Double crisis and Generations in the past) or will the cards be in the next set in April/May? (not asking for something official, because there isn't anything about it. I'm just asking opinions)

Why are there so many reprints of the theme decks and S1 and M1? Besides any holo effect, the artwork is the same. There doesn't seem to be that many new cards in this set. I'm beginning to regret my pre-order a bit now. Also regretting buying the theme decks to get the starters.

Also, for the love of Arceus, not more cosmogs and derpy eevees, please stop.

Last edited:
Back