Ruling Ninja Boy Technical Question

Zentrility

Aspiring Trainer
Question: If my Pidgeot EX (with a FF Belt) receives an attack that dealt 190 damage and I use a Max Potion on that Pidgeot EX, then Ninja Boy to a Mew or Mew EX, can that new Pokémon (Mew or Mew EX) use a benched Pidgeot EX's Mirror Move to deal 200 damage to my opponent's active Pokémon?

I am asking because Ninja Boy says all effects remain on the new Pokémon. Question 2: Does receiving an attack in the previous turn count as one of those effects that remains on the new Pokémon (in this case, Mew or Mew EX)?

Question: If my Pidgeot EX (with a FF Belt) receives an attack that dealt 190 damage and I use a Max Potion on that Pidgeot EX, then Ninja Boy to a Mew or Mew EX, can that new Pokémon (Mew or Mew EX) use a benched Pidgeot EX's Mirror Move to deal 200 damage to my opponent's active Pokémon?

I am asking because Ninja Boy says all effects remain on the new Pokémon. Question 2: Does receiving an attack in the previous turn count as one of those effects that remains on the new Pokémon (in this case, Mew or Mew EX)?
I would say yes, you can use Mirror Move to do the damage. Don't forget you'd need a Pidgeot-EX on the bench then if you want that to work out. The damage has still been done the only difference in this situation being that another Pokémon that used to be Pidgeot, and now there is a different attacker. Don't take my word for it though, this is my assumption.

IMO, since Ninja Boy maintains the effect from your first Pidgeot EX by placing that effect onto your Mew/Mew Ex, your copied Mirror Move attack would inflict 200 damage, assuming your opponent had not played a Hex Maniac nor is Garbotoxin active (which would nullify your Mew/Mew EX's Ability).

That is correct.Mirror Move would deal 200 damage. It also works the other way around: you can have a Pokémon tank an attack (Wailord, lol), Max Potion, Ninja Boy into a Pidgeot and deal the damage you received!

Back