• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Future Lurantis

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
What are you talking about? lol

Float stone is an ok tool for this deck, I guess you could run 2-2 Float Stone and Weakness Policy.
Theres also that Choice Band tool promo card that will be given away in some japanese tournament some time in a near future that could take the place of these Float Stones.
By Toad, I meant Shiinotic. If you played Mario, you'd get that reference. Also, Choice Band only works with a field with NO GX or EX Pokemon, making it pointless.
I'd also like to pint out that the only way a Volcanion can OHKO you with a Weakness Policy, would be to Steam Up 4 times. That's borderline unrealistic. I don't know about Shiinotic just because it's a 2-2 Pokemon lineup(4 spaces) just to get out another stage 1 Poke. And if the Volcanion player DID get to Steam Up 4 times, or if you didn't get the Policy, they totally knock you out. I think either Garb or Vaporeon would be a better lineup. Garb with healing cards like P.C.L or Olympia(and a Weakness Policy down), they have to basically 3HKO you. I also would change the 2 Lurantis GX and the 4 Lurantis SM+ to a 3-3 split. I'm using the GX much more often than the non-GX, and we have Revitalizer, so if I were to lose either, I get the 1-1 line right back.

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
By Toad, I meant Shiinotic. If you played Mario, you'd get that reference. Also, Choice Band only works with a field with NO GX or EX Pokemon, making it pointless.
I'd also like to pint out that the only way a Volcanion can OHKO you with a Weakness Policy, would be to Steam Up 4 times. That's borderline unrealistic. I don't know about Shiinotic just because it's a 2-2 Pokemon lineup(4 spaces) just to get out another stage 1 Poke. And if the Volcanion player DID get to Steam Up 4 times, or if you didn't get the Policy, they totally knock you out. I think either Garb or Vaporeon would be a better lineup. Garb with healing cards like P.C.L or Olympia(and a Weakness Policy down), they have to basically 3HKO you. I also would change the 2 Lurantis GX and the 4 Lurantis SM+ to a 3-3 split. I'm using the GX much more often than the non-GX, and we have Revitalizer, so if I were to lose either, I get the 1-1 line right back.

I've played Mario enough to know about the Toad from the game, but Toad is also a vague word/name and in Pokémon TCG its occasionally used to refer to both Seismitoad or Greninja deck in some locations.

Correcting you here: Choice band actually increases damage agaisnt EX and GX, instead of "NO GX" that you mentioned.

Choice Band – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to does 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-EX or Active Pokemon-GX.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Using garbodor would actually be cool as well using 2-2, but he would need to remove Lurantis SM1+ and play 4-4 Lurantis GX
And yes, I guess we could remove Morellul and Shiinotic from the deck and add something more useful.
With Garbodor I guess I would play with 3 Float stones and 2 choice band 1 weakness policy or 3 choice band.

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok is very hard to fight weakness anyway but
if you are lucky on coin flip and you run good you have change to beat this deck.
first turn 40 from Lurantis gx and if you have 2 more Lurantis can hit 80 damage +2 grass energy.

Volcanion the only realistic way to k.o this is to set up 3 Volcanion Ex and descard 3 energy, so is possible if he run hoopa Ex.
So have one space left.

2nd turn the Volcanion is fail, even from Lurantis gx even from regular one, (deevolution spray and full heal is must in this deck from me)
so here i prefere to put the energy on lurantis from 2 reason (1rst usually Volcanion decks runs no Full heal or Pokemon center Lady and 2nt Hoopa Ex is too possible

Don't forget that Even if opponent manage to set up 2 Volcanion and 3 volcanion Ex with Hoopa, now Lysander or deevolution spray (120+20=140>130) can safe the day.

EDIT: I really like the Lurantis, so i can build one deck on paper today.

Last edited:

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer

Wrong a volcanion ex would need 3 steam ups or 2 and a kukui to KO lurantis GX... Could be achieved turn 1 with Max elixirs. Not likely since u need 2 to hit but it does happen

Last edited:

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
not yet but tool removal is necessary and im not gonna play beedrill ex in it. fitting in 1 rattata isn't difficult

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
not yet but tool removal is necessary and im not gonna play beedrill ex in it. fitting in 1 rattata isn't difficult
But why wouldn't Volcanion play Beedrill? It's not a free prize and can take care of Garb. Also A. Muk will see play in decks like Lurantis( If they play the Sunny Day one, otherwise, Garbodor).

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
People keep saying cards like Beedrill + Minccino (I think thats its name :p ) "take care" of Garbodor.

I've played Beedrill/Yanmega a good amount, including in tournament, and let me tell you that is not necessarily the case. You can destroy the tool, but there is nothing --at all-- stopping them from getting another one. In fact, you just turned off their Garb, so now they can Shaymin again to look for it!

I'm not saying it hurts the Garb matchup in any way, but it does NOT just "take care" of it for you. IE, you can't just go, "Now I play a Beedrill, so I won't lose to Garb anymore". Yes, you will. Unfortunately, the game has created an unfavorable state for abilities at the moment where there is not a good, reliable way of dealing with Garb other than Lysandre+Knockout.

Accept your Garb matchup as is, and use this card space better, in my opinion.