• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Pidgeot EX / Jolteon EX / Garbodor

redbullxkiller

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

3 Pidgeot EX
3 M Pidgeot EX
2 Jolteon EX
2 Trusbish
2 Garbodor
2 Shaymin EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

4 Professor Sycamore
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seekers
4 Trainers' Mail
2 N
1 Lysandre
3 Mega Turbo
1 Team Rocket's Handiwork
1 Team Flare Grunt
3 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Super Rod
3 Pidgeot Spirit Link
2 Float Stone

Energy: 10
4 DCE
6 Basic Electric

Basicly Im trying to make it as disruptive as i can.. while still doing damage,,
thoughts on this vs the max potion version?

thank you all :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the energy reset + max potion combo may help you better in the long run than crushing hammers, but hey ignore me if your deck works better with it! :)
EDIT: Oh yeah, Switch Team Rocket's Handy for another Lysandre!
EDIT #2: Also, I just don't want you to rely on coin flips. They're no need to be too disruptive when you can already lock abilities, wall basic Pokemon, and optionally switch the opponent'a active Pokemon with Mach Cyclone, but hey it's all my opinion!

Pokemon : 16

3 Pidgeot
3 M Pidgeot
2 Jolteon
2 Trusbish
2 Garb
2 Shaymin

Items/ Supporters: 34

4 Sycamore
4 ultra ball
4 vs seekers
4 trainers mail
2 N
1 Lysandre
3 mega turbo
1 team rockets handi work
1 team flare grunt
3 crushing hammers
1 enhanced hammer
1 super rod
3 sprint links
2 float stones

Energy: 10
4 DCE
6 Basic

Basicly Im trying to make it as disruptive as i can.. while still doing damage,,
thoughts on this vs the max potion version?

thank you all :D

I wrote an article about Pidgeot-EX here: http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/12/the-return-of-an-old-friend

It may help you out. I personally believe that running a turbo version of the deck is the wrong way to play it. You short yourself a lot of resources that could keep a Pidgeot in the game. Max Potion is a MUST with Pidgeot-EX. While Garbodor is a great partner for it, I like Octillery since if you take an early lead, you don't get N out of the game should one hit the table. Using Shaymin-EX with Garbodor is a good move but I can't help it makes this version of the deck more inconsistent for that fact alone. You may be much better off running Hex Maniac and Silent Lab to disrupt.

As for Jolteon-EX, I can't help but think that is a bad choice. I know the version of this deck got 9th but I feel that is the reason why it lose (as well as some other things). If you must run a blocking effect like this, then Regice is your best option since it blocks basic EX and mega EX Pokemon, which are more dangerous in my opinion.

I also can't help but notice that you aren't running any Stadium cards. This is a huge mistake. You should be running at least three Shrine of Memories and maybe 1 or 2 other Stadium cards. Running Parallel City and or Silent Lab could make other matchups better. For example, running two Silent Labs and winning a Stadium war could mean no Volcanion-EX, Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, Dragonite-EX and other annoying cards.

I really like the hammers and Team Flare Grunt. Removing Energy improves matchups against M Mewtwo-EX and Giratina-EX variants and skillfully playing them can keep damage output at a reasonable level. I think you have too many Mega Turbo but I too play with the idea of three. If you must keep them, I say try replacing one with a Energy Retrieval or Energy Reset so you at least have the ability to recover energy should you not have a mega in play. I also don't really like the idea of so many Professor Sycamore in a deck like this but if you like them, then go for it but you'll be discarding too many resources and that will put you on the fast track to a loss.

The energy is good but my list run eight Energy, four DCE and four basic Energy. I like the number and based on how I'm playing it, I don't really feel like I need more. You can maybe take out one or two Energy and be fine and still do what you need to. With such heavy discards, you should be running Special Charge. I would recommend Puzzle of Time but the space may not be there.

As for your list, I would do:

Replace the Jolteon-EX with Regice and make the necessary change with basic Energy
-1 Professor Sycamore
-1 Team Rocket's Handy Work
-1 Mega Turbo
-4 Trainers' Mail (personal preference here but if you like it, then fine)
-1 or 2 basic Energy

At at least four Max Potion. If you have any other question, please let me know. I'm here to help!

Sooooooooooooo..

-2 jolteon
-1 Sycamore
-1 Team rocket
-3 Mega turbo
-2 energy
-2 Trainers Mail
-2 Shaymin

+2 Regice
+2 Parallel City
+2 Shrines
+1 Energy reset
+4 Max Potions
+1 Pidgeot
+1 Lysandre

I will test this out and let you guys know :D

If you're running Garbodor, you should play Shaymin-EX and if you're not playing Trainers' Mail, you should play Skyla. Let me know how the changes work out for you!

I've been looking at Pidgeot decks, and I think that jolteon might be the best option, though only because Volcanion and Yveltal are so big right now. It locks them out in a way that Regice can't, then Pidgeot finishes them. And it wrecks Yveltal.

Back