Discussion Jolteon EX

I have been replacing the lone Manectric-ex/Dedenne with a Jolt-ex in my Rainbow Road variants with great success, both in standard and expanded.
It offers "just" enough pivot for certain matchups.
Notable in Expanded, Yveltal variants, Night March, (ironically) Rainbow Road, and Virgen before GBooster drop.
In standard, Yveltal/Gallade (Lysandre to kill Gallade first), and Night March.

Yes, the new Mew will make the Eeveelution deck even more potent, the problem is that his health kind of blows, and most piercing attacks will OHKO it.

That being said, there is one thing from the new set that totally bodies it. Carbink Safeguard Base + BREAK, there is like nothing Jolt can do against that thing, and under BREAK form, Carbink gives massive pluses in addition to killing Jolt.

Can someone compile a list of Pokemon that are basic, and can use "good" piercing attacks? ie. Hydreigon's Shred, Espeon's Psyshock.

I would say 4 Jolteeon EX's from generations with 4 Mewtwo EX's from breakthrough. It would mean that jolteon is almost invincible and as long as mewtwo isn't 1 shot KO'd he can easily defeat most cards. Drowzee's from any card set and hypnos from breakpoint so they can use their goodnight babies ability on snorlax from fates collide. meaning the other pokemon can't attack but your snorlax does 120 damage. and use fighty fury belts, everyone loves fighting fury belts. then you can stall for potions with floral crown. And you will definitely need the pokemon center ladies if jolteon becomes vulnerable, but strengthen the weakness with flash energy. And if you dont have the trainer cards necessary you can always use Misty's determination and there is almost guaranteed to be a trainer, plus it recycles your deck unlike Acro Bike. Though i do see some weakness with mega deck which are quite common, i think this could do quite the load of damage.

Here is what you will need.

4x jolteon ex
4x mewtwo ex
4x drowzee
4x hypno
4x snorlax
11x psychic energy
10x electric energy
4x fighting fury belt
4x floral crowns
4x pokemon center lady
2x potion
2x flash energy
2x Misty's Determination

I would say 4 Jolteeon EX's from generations with 4 Mewtwo EX's from breakthrough. It would mean that jolteon is almost invincible and as long as mewtwo isn't 1 shot KO'd he can easily defeat most cards. Drowzee's from any card set and hypnos from breakpoint so they can use their goodnight babies ability on snorlax from fates collide. meaning the other pokemon can't attack but your snorlax does 120 damage. and use fighty fury belts, everyone loves fighting fury belts. then you can stall for potions with floral crown. And you will definitely need the pokemon center ladies if jolteon becomes vulnerable, but strengthen the weakness with flash energy. And if you dont have the trainer cards necessary you can always use Misty's determination and there is almost guaranteed to be a trainer, plus it recycles your deck unlike Acro Bike. Though i do see some weakness with mega deck which are quite common, i think this could do quite the load of damage.

Here is what you will need.

4x jolteon ex
4x mewtwo ex
4x drowzee
4x hypno
4x snorlax
11x psychic energy
10x electric energy
4x fighting fury belt
4x floral crowns
4x pokemon center lady
2x potion
2x flash energy
2x Misty's Determination
I don't think you understand synergy this very well at all.

(Too tired to elaborate will edit later.)

but i do see mewtwo ex from breakthrough maybe getting into a world championship, it's one of the strongest cards unlessits one shot ko'd but with things to boost attacks or decks that make you deck out, it would be very week

Alright so, your deck doesn't have very much synergy at all:
  • Jolteon is best used as a 1of or 2of in a deck like PlumeBox or as a 1of tech in mega man, eels, rainbow road, mega Ray.
  • I'm not sure which mewtwo you are talking about, but the only playable on in standard is the MEGA with the psychic infinity attack. On their own without the mega, the basics are pretty weak.
  • At the point where you add in snorlax and hypno, it's pretty obvious that your strategy is not developed; combined with 4ofs of just about everything in the deck, unnessecary trainers, and 21 energy, it's clear that what's you are trying to do must be rethought out.

yeah, that was a last minute comment that i made at 10:30 last night. but heres the points i do find strong in seperate decks

snorlax + hypno, this would be quite tough getting out of.

mewtwo ex, heres the link to the card picture http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c91...cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/1080583.jpg damage change could help you as long as your opponent doesnt one shot kill you.

jolteon ex., will this is entire thread about him i think we know what he does lol.

and lots of energy is good, if there isnt enough energy you wont have a playable deck

yeah, that was a last minute comment that i made at 10:30 last night. but heres the points i do find strong in seperate decks

snorlax + hypno, this would be quite tough getting out of.

mewtwo ex, heres the link to the card picture http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c91...cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/1080583.jpg damage change could help you as long as your opponent doesnt one shot kill you.

jolteon ex., will this is entire thread about him i think we know what he does lol.

and lots of energy is good, if there isnt enough energy you wont have a playable deck
No, without the ability to draw extra cards, you will just be outsped, controllable and lose. You have almost no trainers in that deck or ways to draw what you need. A lot of energy is actually bad for consistency, and the only reason you have that many is that you never draw outside of your normal draw for turn. I've played decks with only 4 energy and won.

Or some other mill stall thingy other than wailord but yea, 4 energy in ur deck isn't something boast-worthy

Gyarados, vespiquen, raichu, night match, seismitoad . . . hnnm 4 energy isn't terrible .

Or some other mill stall thingy other than wailord but yea, 4 energy in ur deck isn't something boast-worthy
I was comparing it to the 23 energy deck above to put things in perspective in response to a comment about lots of energy being good. 4-14 energy is more typical for a deck.

Yes because Vespiquen and seismitoad both run four energy

There was a time where Bees did run only 4 DCE, you know.

That said, I can't account for Toad decks only running 4 DCE, but then again, I'm becoming old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Oh well.

...what were we discussing again?

-Asmer

Sorry for the derail.
Went against a vespiquen deck today in tournament play that ran only 4 dce, with my own deck running only 4 dce.

It could run only 4, depended I suppose on enhanced hammer, jirachi promo and Aegis lash ex in your area. Now with special charge you can still do that, perhaps even more effectively . Giratina EX is quite the hassle, I suppose. You'd have to hope you can access pokemon ranger easily as well as another dce after chaos wheel ko's your bee (s).

That was my loss, off hand. Giratina Garbodor. very unpleasant .

I don't think bees ever ran only four dce
@fr33land basically put it best in regards to this. There was one list that topped last format that I remember that ran 4 DCE and nothing else. I don't remember the name of the guy (and quite frankly, I'm not going to look for it), but I will also say that it wasn't too common. Still, it did happen and it was successful to a fault.

-Asmer

Back