• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Water Box with Blastoise

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
3 Blastoise Ex (EVO)
3 M Blastoise Ex (EVO)
2 Glaceon Ex
2 Regice
2 Manaphy Ex
2 Articuno (Delta Version)
2 Palkia Ex
16 Pokemon

4 Max Elixer
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Dive Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Blastoise Spirit Link
3 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Rough Seas
2 N
2 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Lysandre
1 Shauna

34 Trainer's and Supporters

6Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

10 Energy

So this is my idea for a Water Box deck for the new format. Basic idea is get Blastoise set up on the bench as quickly as possible, go to M Blastoise and use energy acceleration to get energy to M Blastoise. Palkia is for energy acceleration (to compliment max elixer), and Glaceon and Regice are for the toolbox idea: Glaceon for locking out evolutions and Regice for locking out EX's. Articuno is there to stall (or annoy, however you want to see it, lol) with his first effect and to hopefully be knocking out pokemon to take extra prize cards. Any thoughts or suggestions are, as always, appreciated. :)

Update: I am currently toying around with the idea of cutting the whole blastoise line and adding another Glaceon/Regice along with adding a 2-2 line of Garbodor (Breakpoint). Good idea? Bad idea?

Last edited:

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I think 3 letters might be too much. also with no shaymin and all water pokemon. you should just have 4 dive balls.

Drop 1 fight fury belt, 1 shauna, and possible the hammers for octillary. this deck sort of works slowly anyway. more draw is always good.

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
Just curious but what would be better to play? A Blastoise box (a variation of water box) or a Greninja Break deck?

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
3 Blastoise Ex
3 M Blastoise Ex
2 Glaceon
2 Regice
2 Manaphy Ex
2 Articuno (Delta Version)
1 Palkia Ex
1 Kyurem Ex

16 Pokemon

4 Fighting Fury Belt
4 Rough Seas
3 Professor Sycamore
3 Professor's Letter
3 Max Elixer
3 N
3 vs seeker
3 Blastoise Spirit Link
2 Ultra Ball
2 Dive Ball
2 enhanced hammer
1 shauna

33 Trainer's and Supporters

7 Water Energy

11 Energy

So this is my idea for a Water Box deck for the new format. Basic idea is get Blastoise set up on the bench as quickly as possible, go to M Blastoise and use energy acceleration to get energy to M Blastoise. Palkia, Glaceon, and Regice are used as a toolbox idea. Any thoughts or suggestions are, as always, appreciated. :)
Is this Generations Blastoise? It's important to be clear especially when there are different prints of a card.

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
So after some play testing ive decided to actually drop the blastoise line in favor of adding jolteon for basics( since this is practically turning into a lock/stock/barrel deck anyway, lol. Also, changed up the trainer line. So heres the new list, please keep the comments and suggestions coming! :)

Super Friends (60 cards, standard)
3 Glaceon EX (FTC)
3 Regice (AOR)
2 Trubbish
2 Garbodor
2 Jolteon EX (GEN)
2 Palkia EX (BRPT)
2 Manaphy EX (BRPT)
16 pokemon

4 Professor Sycamore
4 Max Elixer
4 Vs Seeker
3 Dive Ball
3 Float Stone
3 Trainer's Mail
2 Lysandre
2 N
2 Parallel City ( changing this, but not sure what stadium would be good for this type of deck)
1 Delinquent
1 Olympia
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Enhanced Hammer
31 Trainer's and Supporters

6 Water Energy
3 Electric Energy
13 Energy

Okay so unlike the previous deck, this one focuses on now having the deck be flexable enough to be be able to handle a variety of decks (like the old waterbox did), however this one also focuses on having disruption power too. I couldnt think of a good stadium to put in so for this deck and while i know that Parallel city limits the damage i deal, limiting my opponents bench is apart of the disruption. Since most of the decks in London where Yveltal/Garbodor I thought this would be a nice rogue deck to try out. Again, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So after some play testing ive decided to actually drop the blastoise line in favor of adding jolteon for basics( since this is practically turning into a lock/stock/barrel deck anyway, lol. Also, changed up the trainer line. So heres the new list, please keep the comments and suggestions coming! :)

Super Friends (60 cards, standard)
3 Glaceon EX (FTC)
3 Regice (AOR)
2 Trubbish
2 Garbodor
2 Jolteon EX (GEN)
2 Palkia EX (BRPT)
2 Manaphy EX (BRPT)
16 pokemon

4 Professor Sycamore
4 Max Elixer
4 Vs Seeker
3 Dive Ball
3 Float Stone
3 Trainer's Mail
2 Lysandre
2 N
2 Parallel City ( changing this, but not sure what stadium would be good for this type of deck)
1 Delinquent
1 Olympia
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Enhanced Hammer
31 Trainer's and Supporters

6 Water Energy
3 Electric Energy
13 Energy

Okay so unlike the previous deck, this one focuses on now having the deck be flexable enough to be be able to handle a variety of decks (like the old waterbox did), however this one also focuses on having disruption power too. I couldnt think of a good stadium to put in so for this deck and while i know that Parallel city limits the damage i deal, limiting my opponents bench is apart of the disruption. Since most of the decks in London where Yveltal/Garbodor I thought this would be a nice rogue deck to try out. Again, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!
Get rid of garb it makes Manaphy Useless also instead of Parallel City how about Rough Seas

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Garb is there mostly to shut down abilities (for example, yveltal's fright night, greninja's water sherukin, vileplume's irritating pollen etc). However, i could drop him to help speed the deck up a little. Lol As for rough seas, i thought about that too and had that in the original deck with Blastoise, however im afraid of running into either a mirror match or the random electric deck and actually HELPING my opponent instead of hindering them. This decks main point, i think, is disruption ( either theough glaceon, jolteon, regice and/or garb). I also want to be able to handle other decks i run into, besides yveltal variants, greninja, scizor, gardevior, etc.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
I usually try and run at least 1 Parallel city to shut down Rayquaza/Raichu. If I have the space, possibly 2.

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
So my friends and i did some play testing with this deck and i got absolutely wrecked by yveltal, but managed to do okay against a mega mewto deck, a volcanion deck, rainbow force, a pidgeot/jolteon and finally another glaceon/regice/garodor deck. Since Yveltal seems to be running rampant (and im thinking of dusting off my old yveltal deck) i was wondering what would you guys suggest to add to help against this matchup? Also, im considering dropping the manaphy since free retreat is nice and all but i dont think helps the deck any (and Alexander Wagner's deck didnt run him at all, instead focusing on the disruption side with Garbodor).

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone thought of using Kyogre EX as a possible replacement for Seismitoad EX? I know it doesnt have the toads item lock but it does have a two energy attack that deals the same amount of damage AND puts them to sleep. Thoughts?