Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Would agree in that ending things quickly is a very scummy concept. A doctor isn't needed for a long game. Only viable lynch candidate right now is Rainy unless there's *proof* he's town.
Don't be so extreme. If there is proof that the TGK/Rainy thing is not a "one person is a liar" situation, we might want to lynch someone else.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wait, can you explain how that's suspicious? All I'm saying is that with our doctor gone, we can't save anyone, so we need to try to be smart about who we're placing votes for. I'm not exactly pro-Rainy, but I don't think he's scum.
Who do you think should be lynched?

Wanting to end things quickly is generally considered pro-scum, especially when the reasoning is poor. Many games don't even have a doctor.
Right now, we are lynching Rainy because of an ability result. If you have a reason that shows that neither of them are lying, please tell us.
P.S. Please stop playing both sides. If you think someone is town, you are pro-them (except for a few small circumstances).

Would agree in that ending things quickly is a very scummy concept. A doctor isn't needed for a long game. Only viable lynch candidate right now is Rainy unless there's *proof* he's town.

I think you both misinterpreted Blakers. He's saying that we need to hurry up and lynch scum instead of running around in circles. (Which isn't exactly helpful advice, mind you. :p )

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
@Blakers Have you had time to look over the questions me and bb asked you? Any chance you could get to answering them before the day ends?

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I think the thing with today is that there isn't really evidence to prove Rainy isn't anti-town and Rainy isn't defending himself at all, so there isn't much to talk about.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think the thing with today is that there isn't really evidence to prove Rainy isn't anti-town and Rainy isn't defending himself at all, so there isn't much to talk about.

Apart from the fact that he can't exactly defend himself against your claim, but considering not much talking is happening, I think hammering would be good. Although simsands still wants Blakers to respond, so let's wait for that.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Day 2 Vote Count

rainyman123 4 (thegrovylekid, PikaMasterJesi, Jabberwock, bbninjas, )
thegrovylekid 0 (Vracken, )
Blakers 2 (NinjaPenguin, )

There are 14 players alive therefore 8 votes are required to lynch.

Current Lynch candidate(s) is bolded.

Double Time is in effect meaning everyone’s votes are worth 2, unless you have an altered vote.

Day 2 will end on Thursday the 8th of December at 6:30am AEST.

NinjaPenguin

Right now, I'm getting a strange vibe about the lynch. I feel like some scum are on the sidelines, pushing for two townies to lynch eachother. In addition, some players are talking about specific abilities that might be making this situation not work, which hints that they or their scumbuddies have those abilities.
Thinking about it more, Rainy would have no reason to say what he did if it was a blatant lie, and TGK had no reason to attempt the LaL under no pressure of his own, which makes me think this could be another Gaydar drama/me and Drac QT drama (which scum painted as a "one or the other" situation, when it was truly between townies). I would honestly be surprised if either of them flip scum, so my vote stands.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Right now, I'm getting a strange vibe about the lynch. I feel like some scum are on the sidelines, pushing for two townies to lynch eachother. In addition, some players are talking about specific abilities that might be making this situation not work, which hints that they or their scumbuddies have those abilities.
Thinking about it more, Rainy would have no reason to say what he did if it was a blatant lie, and TGK had no reason to attempt the LaL under no pressure of his own, which makes me think this could be another Gaydar drama/me and Drac QT drama (which scum painted as a "one or the other" situation, when it was truly between townies). I would honestly be surprised if either of them flip scum, so my vote stands.

I can't see TGK being scum taking a gamble and lying to get rainy lynch this early in the game. That's why I think TGK is town. He could be getting false information, but this lynch can test that. TGK could also be town making stuff up, and I believe he has done that once before, which is extremely anti-town and if he is, he's causing far more damage than good. It's not like TGK was constantly pushing for rainy's lynch Day 1, though, so I think him making stuff unlikely.

I can, on the flip side, see scum claiming to be blocked. Since blocks are popular scum Abilities, it does tend to make your less suspicious, and you don't have to reveal who you actually targeted, which is a plus for the scum.

I am a little unsure if rainy will actually flip scum, but I think it would be a bad idea to not go through with this lead.

Why do you want Blakers lynched?

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Just letting everyone know that I've been through a ton of emotional strain lately, so my responses could possibly be a bit hostile. I try my best to edit my messages when I'm like this but they still might be a little harsh, so sorry in advance.

I'm not really sure what to do right now, though I do think we should find some more leads for the next day cycle. I see nothing wrong with what Blakers has been doing, so I'm a little suspicious of NP right now. He almost feels a bit pushy.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Wait so you're agreeing that Blakers is scummy bc, as you interpret it, he wants to end the day early, and yet the only viable lynch candidate is Rainy?
Apart from the fact that he can't exactly defend himself against your claim, but considering not much talking is happening, I think hammering would be good. Although simsands still wants Blakers to respond, so let's wait for that.
What?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm not really sure what to do right now, though I do think we should find some more leads for the next day cycle. I see nothing wrong with what Blakers has been doing, so I'm a little suspicious of NP right now. He almost feels a bit pushy.
Do you have any leads?

Hammering is only problematic if it is to cut of discussion. Considering there was not been any discussion, I was saying we may as well end the Day. The discussion has gone back up, though, so let's not hammer now.

NinjaPenguin

Why do you want Blakers lynched?
Some of his posts look too informed for a newbie town.
He's also sticking to his "playing both sides" mindset, which is an effective way for scum to avoid taking the heat after mislynches. It's a mindset I tended to fall into last game.

I guess we can lynch Rainy, but if he flips town, we should not autolynch TGK.

Nyora

A Cat
As I think I might've said earlier, or when this day started, I do believe that my lynching could provide town with huge infirmation to lynch mafia but I also don't wanna die. I believe that if I am lynched lynch TGK since that would prove he's lying, and if TGK still isn't mafia lynch either Pika or bb wine does that would mean one of them did have a passive blocking ability or something else.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
I can tell that NinjaPenguin means well, but that really is just my playstyle in Mafia. I've done this in Duck Hunt, too. But I haven't started up any lynch options beside myself in this game, so I don't really have anything that I could take heat for in the first place. I guess TGK is playing kind of suspiciously, but this is kind of a tough situation.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I can tell that NinjaPenguin means well, but that really is just my playstyle in Mafia. I've done this in Duck Hunt, too. But I haven't started up any lynch options beside myself in this game, so I don't really have anything that I could take heat for in the first place. I guess TGK is playing kind of suspiciously, but this is kind of a tough situation.
Why am I playing suspiciously?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Some of his posts look too informed for a newbie town.
Where?

He's also sticking to his "playing both sides" mindset, which is an effective way for scum to avoid taking the heat after mislynches. It's a mindset I tended to fall into last game.
Where?

I guess we can lynch Rainy, but if he flips town, we should not autolynch TGK.
I agree. If Rainy flips town, then TGK needs a major look into, but not necessarily be lynched. There could be some information that we don't yet have that could have caused TGK's false results, as it's unlikely he's gambling with a lie this early.

NinjaPenguin

He knew what lurking was. There's also this quote, which looks copy/pasted from a scumchat:
That makes sense, but hasn't thegrovylekid been around for a while? An experienced player would know better than to call attention to their partner for fear of giving themselves away.
It's interesting that he chose to use this line, which is a common refrain. It's almost like he has an experienced player to see this viewpoint from.

Here are the examples I could find:
I'm not exactly pro-Rainy, but I don't think he's scum.
As I explained before, this is a direct play to both sides. If Rainy flips town, he uses the second part to attest to his innocence. If he is scum, he uses the first part to attest to his innocence.
Jesi seems to have good intentions, but I am considering placing my vote for Sceptile.
The "but" rubs me the wrong way here. "But" is generally contradictory, meaning he wants to hedge his bets again, even without actually saying it (it's written down more subconsciously than anything else). Considering placing your vote means nothing when your vote is not being used anyway.
He constantly ties himself to lynches, to make himself look good and scumhunty and to benefit him if they flip scum, but never commits, to make it look better when they flip town.

He also constantly has "nothing to offer", which looks more like "nothing to be used against him." You have to be able to come up with something after Day 1 has finished.

Overall, his posts feign contribution and hedge his bets too much.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Reading through the case, NP brings up some pretty good points on Blakers. I'm still keeping my vote on Rainy, but I have a question myself.

@Blakers, how much experience have you had with Mafia before? This was probably asked and answered before, but I don't know and I think it could be a small window into whether you've got any outside influences, well, influencing your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.