• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Yanmega/Frozen City

Scraggy559

Aspiring Trainer
I thought this was a pretty good idea as Yanmega doesn't need energy with a cost of hand manipulation. Throw a few head ringers on the opponents EX and make the damage counters work for you with the help of frozen city. Any thoughts? It works pretty good so far, but only with EX-based decks. Also, since it's already expanded, I threw in a Tool Scrapper in case some garbodors jump in.

Pokemon - 15
* 4 Yanma
* 4 Yanmega
* 3 Yanmega BREAK
* 3 Foongus
* 1 Magearna

Trainers - 35
* 4 Sycamore
* 3 N
* 1 Pokemon Ranger
* 1 Hex Maniac
* 2 Lysandre
* 4 Poke Ball
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 Trainers' Mail
* 4 Head Ringer
* 2 Revitalizer
* 1 Eco Arm
* 1 Tool Scrapper
* 4 Frozen City

Energy - 10
* 4 DCE
* 6 Metal Energy

I would recommend adding in Xerosic for the extra tool removal. It would be really god against garb, in addition to allowing you to more easily add in head ringers by removing the spirit links or fighting fury belts already attached to their attackers.

Also, Ultra Ball is almost universally considered to be better than Poke Ball. The only exception is usually specialized ones, like Dive or Level Ball. Consider dropping the Poke Balls and using a combination of Level/Ultra. Maybe 4/2 or 4/3. Then you wouldn't need Foongus either. Also I would throw in a few Forest of Giant Plants, they help you get up to speed quickly and then you can swap it out for the Frozen City.

I do have a version with Forest of Giant Plants, and it's not really needed for this one because I usually just need Yanmega and not the BREAK. Poke balls and Foongus help with hand manipulation whereas Ultra Balls could be risking my free attack. I could swap out a Hex for a Xerosic though!

I would recommend Ultra balls instead of Foongus/Poke ball
-4 Poke ball
-3 Foongus
-1 tool scrapper
+1 Megaphone
+1 Xerosic
+2 Team Flare Grunt (so they have to attach more energy ;))

I feel like 12 Pokémon is enough, but you may more revitalizer to get back Yanmega for reuse. Building on others' suggestions, I think these are the changes you should make:
-3 Foongus
-4 Pokéball
+1 Revitalizer
+1 Brock's Grit
+3 Ultra Ball
+2 Level Ball
From top to bottom, I will explain my suggestions:
3 Revitalizer brings back 6 pokemon over the course of the game, the magic number to make them fight through 6 Yanmega.
Brock's Grit puts 2 Yanmega lines back into your deck, although it's a terrible supporter to have in your hand at the start, I chose it over Super Rod because without Brock's Grit you cannot make Item Lock decks fight through 6 Yanmega.
3 Ultra Ball is necessary to chain Yanmegas, and Level Ball lets you get Yanma at no cost.
Those are my suggestions, however it is your deck so you can do what you want to.

Back