• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Help With Deck

Bryverine

Aspiring Trainer
19 Pokemon
  • 2-1-2 Gengar (Creep Show)
  • 2 Sigilyph (Safeguard)
  • 3 Skrelp
  • 2 Dragalge (Poison Barrier)
  • 2 Dragalge (Severe Poison)
  • 2-2 Noivern (Boom Burst)
  • Toxicroak EX

15 Supporter
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Delinquent

9 Items
  • 2 Great ball
  • 1 Rare Candy
  • 2 energy retrieval
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser

4 Stadium
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Silent Lab

13 Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Double dragon Energy
  • 6 Psychic

Strategy:

1. Gengar's Creep Show is one goal of the deck. Noivern's boom burst sets up creep show for easy takeout of the opponents pokemon.
Silent lab prevents Gengar from losing out on his effect to cards like Magarna EX though it does take out Noivern and Sigilyph's abilities.

2. While this part of the strategy compliments Creep Show, I think it also can stand pretty well on its own. Between Dragalge's Severe Poison and Toxicroak EX's Tripple Poison with Virbank City Gym, the damage adds up quickly.
Depending on the setup, I have poison lock Dragalge.
If the oponent uses an EX, Sigilyph's ability can wait out the poison taking their health down (assuming Silent Lab isn't in play).

Issues I see:
Lots of different pokemon with few of each.
No "heavy hitter" cards.
Silent Lab hurts Sigilyph.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
I have a few recommendations for this deck. First of all, you don't need Dragalgae (with Severe Poison), Sigilyph, and Toxicroak EX in this deck, because you want to focus on your two main attackers (Gengar and Noivern) so that you can win games with your decks strategy. This will allow you to beef up your Noivern and Gengar lines, and make the deck more consistent. You also don't really need Delinquent, because you run stadiums, or 2 Lysandre since you run 3 VS Seeker, but you can use them if you find it beneficial. Your 3 Sycamore 2 N deck engine is OK (another of either supporter would really help though), but to really make your deck consistent, I would add in 4 Ultra Balls and 2 Level Balls, because Ultra Balls get you any Pokémon for the miniscule price of discarding two cards from your hand, and Level Balls get you a Pokémon with 90 HP or less for free. To help make room, I would get rid of the Great Balls, because they are inconsistent compared to Ultra and Level Balls. To allow you to get the most out of your supporter for the turn, I recommend switching the Wallys for Evosoda, because they do almost the same thing (but you can't play them if the Pokémon wouldn't normally be able to evolve) without the price of using up your supporter for the turn. Finally, I don't feel like Energy Retrieval or Professor's Letter help this deck at all, so I don't believe they are necessary. Beefing up your Gengar and Noivern lines and getting rid of the previously mentioned Pokémon will help with your first problem, and so will the Ultra and Level Balls. You don't really need "heavy hitters" because they aren't needed in this deck, thanks to Gengar's Creep Show. Getting rid of Sigilyph will obviously solve your third problem (or you could get rid of the Silent Lab, if you really like running Sigilyph.
So, this is what I think you should do:

-2 Sigilyph (or Silent Lab if you want)
-1 Skrelp
-2 Dragalgae (with Severe Poison)
-1 Toxicroak EX
-1 Delinquent
-1 Lysandre
-2 Wally
-2 Great Ball
-2 Energy Retrieval
-2 Professor's Letter

+1-1-1 Gengar Line (feel free to use rare candy instead of the additional Haunter)
+1-1 Noivern Line
+1 Either Sycamore or N
+4 Ultra Ball
+2 Level Ball
+2 Evosoda
+2 Trainer's Mail (I forgot to mention this card, but it really helps with consistency, since you get to look at the top 4 cards of your deck, and put a Trainer card you find their into your hand)

This is just my opinion, so do whatever you want with your deck. Hope this helps!:)

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
I used to run a deck like this in the last Standard format. It was my first so it wasn't very good, but it was pretty fun. I used Zoroark with the Rush In ability and a float stone to easily switch out from Noivern to Gengar without needing to discard any energy, as well as a secondary attacker.

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
I tried noivern-gengar combo and found it super difficult to manage my energy effectively . double dragon energy cannot be attached to noibat and neither it nor noivern benefit from dimension valley. I had a slightly better version that ran bats, but both stage 2 evolution lines took up so much space that it was at the cost of many consistency cards.
What did work was low energy cost attackers, like deoxys rsk, which unfortunately was super easy to one shot, but was a good starter. I saw decks that ran latios ex (latias?) with fast raid, I think now I would try it with Farfetch'd and ffb to deal 60 damage so that rough seas cannot heal it to less than 30.
Baby Hoopa's hyperspace punch could be very good at setting up multiple opponent pokemon for creep show, and I think having Rush In float stone is a great way to take advantage of haunter's ability, zoroark would offer an alternate 'heavy hitter' with the only disadvantage being a few copies of double colourless. dce could help Farfetch'd repeat attack for 50 to 60 also.
Bats were cool only because they could spread damage for free with di.ension valley and evolve out of confusion from haunter into a free retreating golbat or crobat. could never get it working beyond a fun to play, loses horribly half the time deck.
What do people think of laser bank Gengar creep show?
I thought Gengar EX was a preferred partner for Gengar.
I want this to work somehow, creep show is a really fun attack. I don't know how common rough seas is now, but it is an excellent stadium I imagine still enjoys a lot of play.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
Also, if you're willing to try new partners for Gengar, I recommend Primal Clash Spinda (a bit... odd), who for one energy does one damage counter to all of your opponents Pokémon, and two stadiums that could help are Faded Town, which does 20 damage to all Mega Evolved Pokémon in between turns, as well as Team Magmas Secret Base, which does 20 damage to any Pokémon played from either players hand onto their bench. (Faded Town is from Ancient Origins, and Magmas Secret Base is from the Double Crisis mini set).