Discussion What Team Do You Want to Use in the Storyline?

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
So far I have:

/Starter/
Lurantis
Komala
Mimikyu
Kommo-o
Salandit/Lycanroc/Cutiefly evo/Pikipek evo.

Still cant decide on the starter I want. :(

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think I've decided on my team:

Primarina
Alola Raichu
Mimikyu
Salandit
Midnight Lycanroc
Some type of older Ground type (probably Flygon)

The first three are definite locks on my team, the rest are mainly for balance. I don't really like any of the Ground types shown, so I'll probably just use a random older one. Flygon seems to be in the Alola Dex, and I haven't really used one extensively, so that's who I'll probably end up going with.

TheRealBro..

-Decidueye. Well, I'm getting both versions, so I'll just trade one over to my main version, and he'll join the team! Grass/Ghost is a combo I'd never have expected, and it's the reason why I now can't decide between Primarina and Decidueye, they're both so amazing!

Yeah, me too. Was really surprised by that Ghost typing, which together with the water type is my favourite. Was gonna go with Popplio but now I'm leaning towards Rowlet.. Stats will have to be the deciding factor here.

The wait is getting long :p Weren't the stats already available for Gen 6 around this time? It's only two weeks untill release..

professorlight

Ice Queen
Well, with the leaks, I can finally know what are the possibilities; they're somewhat underwhelming, compared to the cornucopia of options I had in XY, but, it's enough to make a team, and there's a few pokemon I love but never get to use, so maybe they can get a chance this time.

Primarina - Of course I'm using her. She's the best starter in twenty years, too bad they still didn't fix the gender ratio.
Ninetales - I don't even need to justify this one; favorite, best pokemon ever, graceful, beautiful, kind, et cetera. Too bad she's more than likely a late-game capture.
Lurantis - She was against Tsareena and Lilligant, but one isn't in the game, and the other one is more or less the same, so I'll pick striped sixties' pants over thigh-high boots.
Mismagius - She's usually on my main team, so of course she gets a place, also, she has the best coverage of the group.
Glaceon - Same thing; hopefully she'll evolve with Ice Stone now.

The last spot is... complicated; Lanturn seems the smartest choice, but I used her in Y already, and also want to use Ribombee and Tsareena, maybe Pheromosa too, and so many pokemon I never use because there are stronger options; Corsola, Ariados, Masquerain, Dragonair... too bad my team is already very bad, type-wise, and none of them help much with that.

But, it's not like I care too much about type balance anyway.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I've finally decided what team I'll be using in Sun. This is the final team:

Decidueye - This was mainly for team balance. Primarina is still my favorite, but Decidueye is right behind, and is a great choice for balance reasons on this team, because I'd have 3 fairy types if I chose Popplio in Sun.

Ribombee - This thing is so adorable. I love it stats, as I always need a speedy Pokemon. Somehow, this one is about 130-ish, and that's amazing. It helps it's cute as well.

Mudsdale - I'm going to continue saying this. I don't know what I like about it. I just like it.

Ninetales - Best Pokemon ever, hands down. This Pokemon will find its way onto almost any play through I ever do somehow or someway. It's a late game catch, which sucks, but I don't care. I need her.

Snorlax - Well, I don't know. I might as well. I've always loved Snorlax (but it has the worst pre-evolution ever), and I won't pass up the opportunity to watch my favorite sleeping lard ball crushing things while throwing around those 1300 pounds of weight it's got.

Togedemaru - It's adorable, and I love it's design, but this choice was mostly for balance. I still like it a lot though.

That's my team for Pokemon Sun. My Pokemon Moon team will likely be just random things I catch.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
So after we've seen everything, I've made a few changes and decisions on what my teams definitely gonna be:
-Primarina - she's gorgeous. Plus anything that has Fairy usually gets my respect.
-Salazzle - I like her design, plus it gives a reliable weapon to use against any Grass or Fairy types that provide trouble.
-Mudsdale - I want to have something with a bit of bulk on my team, and it provides a handy resistance to Rock and Poison.
-Oricorio (Sensu style) - I always like to have a bird on my team and this one is my fave revealed this gen. I'm planning to switch between the Baile and Sensu styles (although maybe the others depending if I'm facing a team where using the others could have an advantage. I'll probably use the Sensu style most of the time as I'll have a dedicated Fire type)
-Alolan Ninetails - Ice/Fairy is a time which I've wanted to see for a while and this doesn't disappoint. Hopefully we don't get it too late game (hell, I'm already changing from getting Moon to Sun just so I don't have to have the hassle of trading for one).
-Tsareena - just to round out my team having a Grass type; it was pretty much a toss up between this and Lurantis but eventually I settled on this.

edit: I switched out Vikavolt for Salazzle because apparently Vikavolt evolves late on in the game and I can't be bothered to be dealing with that so...

I'm also planning a mono Fairy run at some point; the team will be:
-Primarina
-Ribombee
-Shiinotic
-Ninetails-A
-Mimikyu
-Sylveon

Last edited:

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Am I the only one who is going to use a male Primarina?

I like the idea of having a feminine looking Pokémon but male, with Attract and since fairies were pranksters, it's just fitting!

Also, since Alola is lacking a decent number of new Grass type Pokémon, I'll use Simisage, Vileplume, Shiftry, Ferrothorn and Tangrowth or Leafeon for my Leaf Ranger team because I didn't trained it in AS and seems fitting for the region, with a nicknamed Decidueye, Tsareena and Alolan Exegguttor as certain.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
After seeing stats and everything, I think I've made my final decision on my team, though it'll most likely change once I actually get the game ^^;

1. Decidueye - Still my favourite of the starters! Nothing's changed at all there!
2. Ribombee - Vikavolt wasn't what I was looking for, so I've decided to go with Ribombee instead. It's also super cute, which is also a plus on my end! :p
3. Alolan Ninetales - I've decided to go with my love for this line and use it! This will only be my second Ninetales that I've used, the first being in Blue on my 3ds, despite it being one of my faves!
4. Crabrawler - I really really like this Pokémon. Even though it's probably rather slow, it is a crab after all, I've decided to use it on my team (gotta try something new, right?), and I've decided that I want it to be shiny as well - so wish me luck!

Considering:
1. Magmortar - I do need a Fire-type, and Magmortar is one of my favourite of them, next to Vulpix and Ninetales.
2. Silvally - Still in need of Fire, and with this one I could change it to any other type I need!
3. Mimikyu - Same as before, now though, I'm a bit iffy about having 3 Fairy-types and 2 Ghost-types on my team.
4. Wishiwashi - I need a Water-type, but I'm starting to doubt if Wishiwashi is the one for me :/

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
At this point I'm pretty much "Fudge Type Balanace!" This hasn't happened since Hoenn when I had three grass types haha.

The fairy types in Kalos were all pretty same-y, it was easy to pick Aromatisse over the others, but now in Alola? Primarina, Ribombee, Alolan Ninetales, Morelull, Mimikyu... I can't just pick one of them, I need them all! Or at least most of them (I don't need Comfey though, Comfey can go and throw itself off a cliff for all I am concerned)

Were I'm standing now I'm 100% gonna have Primarina, Ribombee and A. Ninetales on my team, not completely sure on the other three slots yet but those three are gonna be on there. And either Pallosand or Mudsdale to defend my lovely fairies against Poison and Steel types.

Last edited:

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
The thing that sucks about Alola is that all of the new Pokémon are so slow. I think that this is another reason I'm hardly using any new Pokémon. The only new ones I'm using are Primarina snd Lycanroc.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
For the first time since, gods, D/P I'm going in without a really solid roster for each of my games. Yeah, I have some outlines (Incineroar/Toucannon/Vikavolt for initial Moon dirty run, Primarina/Salazzle/Lycanroc for Sun, and Decidueye/Mudsdale/A!Ninetales for Moon permasave), but after that, my rosters are pretty much up in there air.

After I start playing and get a better feel of what I like in the new games, I'll start moving things into those empty slots as needed. I already know I want to use the Jangmo-o, Bounsweet, and *probably* Wimpod lines at some point (along with some of the new A!formes), but I just don't know where to put them yet.

I'm just going to let my team develop organically in my dirty run and then let the rest of my teams be decided later.

[And yes, I know A!Ninetales is Sun exclusive. That's what both versions, the daycare, and Bank/two DSes are for xD]

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

I like the idea of having a feminine looking Pokémon but male, with Attract and since fairies were pranksters, it's just fitting!

Also, since Alola is lacking a decent number of new Grass type Pokémon, I'll use Simisage, Vileplume, Shiftry, Ferrothorn and Tangrowth or Leafeon for my Leaf Ranger team because I didn't trained it in AS and seems fitting for the region, with a nicknamed Decidueye, Tsareena and Alolan Exegguttor as certain.

Ok, so with the types leaking, I'll rethink my team.

I'm still questioning wether I'll go with a Leaf Ranger team or a regular one.

LR:

1-Decidueye;
2-Tsareena;
3-Alolan Executtor;
4-Morelull's evo (I was sad at another mushroom Pokémon but its Dex entry fits Fairy and I've wanted to use one Grass/Fairy Pokémon and I couldn't accept Whimsicott as Fairy somehow)
5/6-Since the anchor is Grass/Ghost, despite not evolving and not being a fan of the design, due to its type, I'll try it out, otherwise slots 5 and 6 will be occupied by previous Grass Pokémon, between Vileplume, Victreebel, Shiftry, Tangroth, Ferrothorn or Cradily.

Lurantis is for now out of question due to its Bug like looks.

Regular team (but with Grass in majority)

1-Decidueye
2-Primarina
3-Lycanronc midnight
4-Salazzle (nicknamed)
5-(Alolan Sandslash) Edit: Alolan Executtor (I've like the regular design but couldn't handle its type and so I now have to train one no matter what and Alo. Sandslash in such a region feels like training an Abomasnow in Hoenn)
6-(Poison Mawile or a previous Pokémon between Scolipede, male Jellicent, Escavalier, Barbaracle) Edit: Tsareena because I just love Royal Grass Pokémon and If I go wi this team, then it'll be an all-native one.

Wimpod's evo is out of question because despite the design which I love (too bad it isn't Poison) I find the ability umbearable.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer

I'm probably also going to use a male Primarina, since I'm just going to go with whatever the game gives me, he will be my beautiful Prince of Faboulosity. I might even call him Prince, in memory of the singer.

And I agree for a tropical island region there's not really many (or hardly any) interesting new grass types. I'll probably be without one, or use Morelull at some point (because my team doesn't have enough fairy types yet haha)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, I have the game now, I just finished up MeleMele Island and here's what my team looks like right now:

Brionne (nicknamed Aria) Lv. 17
Trumbeak Lv. 16
Pichu (nicknamed Aunt Jemima) Lv. 15
Magnemite Lv. 15
Alola Persian Lv. 16
Rockruff Lv. 13

Trumbeak, Magnemite, and Alola Persian are temps until I can get Mimikyu, Salandit, and Trapinch. Gonna train up my Rockruff a bit and then head off for Akala Island.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Right now I want to use Decidueye, Comfey, Tsareena, Palossand

Probably would have picked a Komala final evolution if it had one.

I like to use older Pokémon I haven't used before as well so maybe Arcanine, not sure about the team to be honest. Who knows I might box Decidueye, if it even gets that far and trade over a starter Pokémon like Chikorita or revisit Cyndaquil later on since I probably won't complete the game until 2018 anyways.