• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Xerneas Break/Giratina

daniil123

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Xerneas STS
  • 3 Xerneas BREAK STS
  • 2 Giratina EX AOR
  • 1 Flygon EX XY61
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Ranger
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 2 EXP Share
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 1 Parallel City
Energy: 13
  • 9 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

With some many Dark variants and Mega decks doing well in the format, I wanted to put together something that can counter it. Xerneas resists dark and can hit Giratina for weakness. Also my own Giratina prevents Megas from touching me as well.

The idea of this deck is to use Geomancy and double dragon energy, max elixir to flood the field with energy and use Xerneas BREAK's Life Stream to start hitting for damage. Flygon EX is there as an additional DDE target and I find his ability to be potentially useful with Fairy Garden providing free retreat.

I like repeat ball since having 2 Xerneas in play is always a must and it helps finding whatever you need easier and lends more consistency to the deck.

So you may want to consider float stone over escape rope if you're planning on using Flygon.

Back