• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M tyranitar deck(Completed a good build check it out!)

pokecool21

Aspiring Trainer
this deck can win in some cases and have no chance of winning in some other cases.Since Giratina will destroy you.Non ex/item lock might destroy etc. let me share my deck list with you since this has a fair chance of winning against some of the harder to deal with such decks!

Currently win:loss ratio is 17:3!

here we go:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Spinda PRC 115
* 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
* 3 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 43
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 N NVI 92
* 3 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
* 1 Switch ROS 91
* 3 Tyranitar Spirit Link AOR 81
* 1 Bent Spoon FAC 93
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 8 Darkness Energy GEN 81
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I added the spinda because i realised that in long run you want to spread damage as quickly as possible and this build is quite unbelievably consistent and usually sets up 1 M-tyranitar in 3 to 4 turns.I also have bent spoon which protects you against ex resistant decks such as regice etc.

I got garbodor to help against giratina matchups.Then i have 3 float stones instead of your 2.This is because of the many countless situations during testing when my M-tyranitar couldn't set up in time and therefore faced a lot of damage. I would simply switch for a spinda retreat next be able to regain myself and destroy their pokemon

Try it out and i am curious to see if there is any improvements I need.
I am not running Yveltal just because i don't want to waste energies and i don't need more energy acceleration because i get setup quickly anyway.I have already tested the Yveltal build so nope.

Last edited:
I too run this deck, but with a few noted differences. I run:
  • 4 Hoopa (STS) in order to maximize my chances of starting with one.
  • 1 Teammates - I expect to sacrifice the first 1-2 Hoopa in order to spread damage while setting up my M Ttars.
  • 1 Hoopa EX - to get my EX Poké onto my bench fast.
  • 4 TM Secret Base or 1 Delinquent with 3 TM Secret Base Stadiums (I'm leaning more now towards inclluding Delinquent plus the 3 Stadiums).
  • 1 Parallel City in order to remove unwanted EX Poké from my bench.
  • No Max Elixir. I've found from other deck experiences that 10+ Basic energy seem to work best to ensure hitting an energy 75%+ of the time consistently.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

thank you so much i am going to try implementing these changes however i still feel the parallel city feel unnecessary,since there is no reason to decrease your bench size.
I am not sure about it but do you think i should add a spinda in here , because it can spread a lot of damage especially with a fighting fury belt.However i still feel the max elixir is quite necessary since it can basically allow you to put 2 energy onto your pokemon in one turn. We want to set up our Tyranitar as quickly as possible so we can avoid things like enhanced hammer and to make the game end more quickly. I am going add your changes of the delinquent because i think that's a good idea.

I too run this deck, but with a few noted differences. I run:
  • 4 Hoopa (STS) in order to maximize my chances of starting with one.
  • 1 Teammates - I expect to sacrifice the first 1-2 Hoopa in order to spread damage while setting up my M Ttars.
  • 1 Hoopa EX - to get my EX Poké onto my bench fast.
  • 4 TM Secret Base or 1 Delinquent with 3 TM Secret Base Stadiums (I'm leaning more now towards inclluding Delinquent plus the 3 Stadiums).
  • 1 Parallel City in order to remove unwanted EX Poké from my bench.
  • No Max Elixir. I've found from other deck experiences that 10+ Basic energy seem to work best to ensure hitting an energy 75%+ of the time consistently.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

I would very much like to add those 4 hoopas as well as that hoopa ex but cant seem to find the necessary space.In addition to the pokemon i also want to add the teammates and that delinquent .

thank you so much i am going to try implementing these changes however i still feel the parallel city feel unnecessary,since there is no reason to decrease your bench size.
Parallel City can help in two ways; it can:
  • Reduce your opponent's bench size (e.g., M Rayquaza EX) and by extension, damage output in this example. Further, it will also "limit the number of Hoopa targets for subsequent 1HKOs by your M Ttars.
  • On the other hand, it can reduce your bench size removing wounded M Ttars, etc; thus denying your opponent easy KO targets. Similarly, you can remove unwanted benched Pokémon, e.g., Shaymin EX.
I am not sure about it but do you think i should add a spinda in here , because it can spread a lot of damage especially with a fighting fury belt.
I personally am not a fan of Spinda given its relatively "low" HP. Another, perhaps better, alternative is Celebi (promo) that is a 70 HP Pokémon that drop damage counters instead of inflicting damage (which could be blocked by a Bench Barrier Ability). Celebi requires either Grass or Rainbow energy though - not difficult to manage. One other advantage of Celebi is that its Ability may deny your opponent taking a prize (based upon coin flip).

However i still feel the max elixir is quite necessary since it can basically allow you to put 2 energy onto your pokemon in one turn. We want to set up our Tyranitar as quickly as possible so we can avoid things like enhanced hammer and to make the game end more quickly.
For the first few turns, your starter is not Ttar EX; so, you'll have the time to get these benched Poké powered-up while your starter is strategically spreading damage or damage counters. The Max Elixirs are great when you hit them, but I've found from experience that I am more likely to consistently hit them when I run 10+ Basic energy. Secondly, Mega Turbo has a 100% chance of being successful (when Basic energy is in the discard pile) vs. Max Elixir which is quite less.

i see why now can i see your decklist i just can seem to fit all these cards in . I wont be copying just wanted to looak what trainers i should need or not need.

I haven't run the deck myself, so take my suggestions as you will, but I've been looking at some different ways to build it.
  • 2-2 Weavile; this may not be the fastest route, but you can add tools like Assault Vest into your deck to take advantage of the Ancient Trait: Double. It's good for keeping your deck moving around as needed (1 Float Stone is now everyone's Float Stone), and you can make some fun offensive and defensive plays using Weavile. It's great for a utility based build. I play it in my Zygarde deck and it's awesome for keeping my Pokemon mobile, and with the right tools for every turn (e.g. switching Power Memory for a Float Stone, retreating into Carbink to set up Zygarde for another Power Memory, replacing Float Stone with Assault Vest).
  • While I agree with TuxedoBlack regarding Max Elixir in this deck, to free up space for other inclusions, I would choose either Max Elixir or Mega Turbo, and change your deck accordingly - but do not run both. In the comment below, if you're dead-set on Elixirs, exchange Max Elixir with Mega Turbo instead.
  • -3 Max Elixir, -2 Dark Energy; Without Max Elixir, you shouldn't need as much energy in the deck, freeing up 5 spaces for other cards.

As TuxedoBlack suggested...

+1 Delinquent/TM Secret Base
+1 Teammates
+1 Parallel City
+2 Hoopa STS
+1 Hoopa EX

Weavile possibilities...

+2 Sneasel STS
+2 Weavile STS
+1 Assualt Vest
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Ultra Ball [To assist getting Weavile/Hoopa EX out faster]

-1 Escape Rope
-1 Switch

[2 Float Stone is usually sufficient mobility with Weavile, but you can always opt to keep 1 of them if you feel you need more]

I haven't run the deck myself, so take my suggestions as you will, but I've been looking at some different ways to build it.
  • 2-2 Weavile; this may not be the fastest route, but you can add tools like Assault Vest into your deck to take advantage of the Ancient Trait: Double. It's good for keeping your deck moving around as needed (1 Float Stone is now everyone's Float Stone), and you can make some fun offensive and defensive plays using Weavile. It's great for a utility based build. I play it in my Zygarde deck and it's awesome for keeping my Pokemon mobile, and with the right tools for every turn (e.g. switching Power Memory for a Float Stone, retreating into Carbink to set up Zygarde for another Power Memory, replacing Float Stone with Assault Vest).
  • While I agree with TuxedoBlack regarding Max Elixir in this deck, to free up space for other inclusions, I would choose either Max Elixir or Mega Turbo, and change your deck accordingly - but do not run both. In the comment below, if you're dead-set on Elixirs, exchange Max Elixir with Mega Turbo instead.
  • -3 Max Elixir, -2 Dark Energy; Without Max Elixir, you shouldn't need as much energy in the deck, freeing up 5 spaces for other cards.

As TuxedoBlack suggested...

+1 Delinquent/TM Secret Base
+1 Teammates
+1 Parallel City
+2 Hoopa STS
+1 Hoopa EX

Weavile possibilities...

+2 Sneasel STS
+2 Weavile STS
+1 Assualt Vest
+1 Hoopa EX
+1 Ultra Ball [To assist getting Weavile/Hoopa EX out faster]

-1 Escape Rope
-1 Switch

[2 Float Stone is usually sufficient mobility with Weavile, but you can always opt to keep 1 of them if you feel you need more]
I am not sure what you mean i already have a hoopa ex...

how about a 2-2 alakazam line and some devolution sprays
Hoopa (STS), as the initial attacker, can inflict damage onto a variety of targets and not be limited to the Active; secondly, Alakam EX is a 2 prize target vs. Hoopa's 1 prize; and Hoopa can get more damage into play faster than M Alakazam EX.

Hoopa (STS), as the initial attacker, can inflict damage onto a variety of targets and not be limited to the Active; secondly, Alakam EX is a 2 prize target vs. Hoopa's 1 prize; and Hoopa can get more damage into play faster than M Alakazam EX.
but alakazam doesn't need to attack. evolve it on the bench and you can place 2 damage on the active and 3 on one of the bench, then letting you attack with ttar, as opposed to to using a turn to attack with hoopa each time.

but alakazam doesn't need to attack. evolve it on the bench and you can place 2 damage on the active and 3 on one of the bench, then letting you attack with ttar, as opposed to to using a turn to attack with hoopa each time.
I understand what you're saying, but Alakazam EX is still a 2-prize target vs. Hoopa and Alakazam EX will have limited use given the limited number of M Alakazam EXs and Devolution Spray vs. the Hoopa(s) which can be used to attack numerous times. Lastly, Hoopa can get more damage counters into play faster. So, IMO, advantage: Hoopa.

I edited my deck list to this i was just playtesting . I dont know why but it seems to be quite onconsistent . I feel like i keep getting stuck any advice for this deck ?

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 4 Hoopa STS 51
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 N NVI 92
* 1 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

##Energy - 12

* 8 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I edited my deck list to this i was just playtesting . I dont know why but it seems to be quite onconsistent . I feel like i keep getting stuck any advice for this deck ?

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 4 Hoopa STS 51
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 N NVI 92
* 1 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

##Energy - 12

Total Cards - 60

What do you mean by, "I feel like i keep getting stuck?" Also, what deck(s) were you playing against? What were the games' states at the times you were "stuck?"

I usually dont seem to get the right cards. I feel i i get stuck because i cant draw any more cards and i feel deck engine is a bit slow for example i might not be able to get the hoopa out on time. However i have noticed some thing in this deck.There isnt that much need for yveltal. Max elixir and mega turbo do their jobs well!I still feel like this deck need a bit more draw support for this deck to really work well. So i am thinking about adding a lucky helmet for the starting hoopa and yveltals.

I usually dont seem to get the right cards. I feel i i get stuck because i cant draw any more cards and i feel deck engine is a bit slow for example i might not be able to get the hoopa out on time. However i have noticed some thing in this deck.There isnt that much need for yveltal. Max elixir and mega turbo do their jobs well!I still feel like this deck need a bit more draw support for this deck to really work well. So i am thinking about adding a lucky helmet for the starting hoopa and yveltals.
I would strongly suggest keeping the Yveltals - you may need a non-EX attacker should an opponent "Safeguard-wall" you.

I'd also suggest replacing all the Max Elixir. I find these to work best when my deck is designed to utilize quite a few Items early game AND when I run 10+ Basic energy. In addition, you have a less than 100% chance of hitting the energy; whereas, Mega Turbo is 100% chance of getting a Basic energy from your discard pile (when 1 is obviously there). So, consider replacing the 3 Max Elixir with:

1. 2 (Giovanni's Scheme / Judge / Shauna / Tierno) - more, diversified card-draw support and
  2. 1
    • Olympia - more switching support (the meager healing helps at times too) or
    • Ninja Boy - more switching support, but different or
    • Pokémon Ranger - to negate "lingering" effects (e.g., Chaos Wheel) or
    • Delinquent - to remove your opponent's Stadium and/or disrupt opponent's hand.

M Tyranitar is a very difficult to squeeze consistency out of. I tried running it a couple of times already and there are more cons than pros as to what I've seen so far. I recommend that if you do want to make it work, give the bats line a try (zubat, golbat). Easy snipes and they with Hoopa as well. Also a much better option vs the M Alakazam line.

M Tyranitar is a very difficult to squeeze consistency out of. I tried running it a couple of times already and there are more cons than pros as to what I've seen so far. I recommend that if you do want to make it work, give the bats line a try (zubat, golbat). Easy snipes and they with Hoopa as well. Also a much better option vs the M Alakazam line.

I am actually surprised that i managed to make this deck so consistent out of 10 battles 2 (jolteon and vileplume) were only lost. I think to make this deck more consistent i need to add more team magmas secret base but i don't have an extra one so this could have been improvement but its quite frankly amazing.Try it out for yourself on pctgo or tcgone!

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 4 Hoopa STS 51
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Shauna XY 127
* 3 N NVI 92
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 1 Olympia GEN 66

##Energy - 12

Total Cards - 60

I decided to get rid of the max elixirs for the 2 shauna and Olympia. Why Olympia?
Olympia is so useful when coming up against decks like Many grass type decks. Also switching out to yveltal which has a float stone attached to can make this really useful. While healing that 30 dmg changes a 2 hit ko to a 3 hit ko in many scenarios. This deck is easily defeated by vileplume box or the giratina....that deck gives me shudders I am trying to find spaces for hex maniac but those matches are probably gonna be won by lots of tricky lysandres.
shauna is quite amazing in the late game when you might be closed to decking out stuck as since all n's are in discard pile. Try it out and see for yourself. It requires more skill than most decks in meta right now . However if you are a really intermediate player this is absolutely the deck for you.

Last edited:
Giratina and lugia seems to really hinder this deck i am struggling to find a way around this. I am not sure whether i should add a 1-1 line of garbodors or not since i will need to add another tool to this deck too.

Back