• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gyarados

Naner

Aspiring Trainer
Hi folks,

Today I'll post the deck that I'm training with !
So far, I had excellent results ! It plays very well against current meta and I'll explain it bellow.

First the deck:

Pokemon (11)
-3 Gyarados Ex (BKP)
-3 M Gyarados EX (BKP)
-1 Manaphy EX (BKP)
-1 Shaymin EX (ROS)
-2 Palkia EX (BKP)
-1 HOOPA EX (Promo)

Trainers (39)
- 3 Trainers Mail
- 3 Gyarados Spirit Link
- 3 Max Elixir
- 3 Mega Turbo
- 3 Energy Switch
- 4 VS
- 2 Lysandre
- 4 Sycamore
- 2 N
- 1 Pokemon Ranger
- 1 Hex Maniac
- 1 Energy recycle
- 4 Ultra Ball
- 1 Escape Rope
- 1 Super Rod
- 3 Rough Seas

Energy (10)
-10 Watter

This is a very versatile deck, because gyarados alone is very powerful. And the mega is such a monster with 240 hp hitting for 200+

For current meta, our goal is to speed up energy with palkia, max elixir and mega turbo. Energy switch helps a lot also, a very versatile card in this deck, because with manaphy on the bench, energy switch is potentially a free retreat card also.

If possible always try to grab hoopa on T1 to get Shaymin, Manaphy and Palkia or Gyarados.

Palkia is a good starter because he can speed up energy aceleration for your benched gyarados. With Max Elixir and energy switch, you can potentially attack with palkia and end your T1 with 4 energies on the field.

Against some walls, like glaceon, giratina, keep swinging with Gyarados. Against jolteon, go for the Mega and OHKO it.

Usually you can setup 2 megas consistently on one single game. Enough to shutdown most of the current meta with raw power.

With the mega gyarados bulk HP, we are in advantage against mega mewtwo decks.

Palkia is always helpful and can easily become a second striker ! Never forget it.

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
I always loved the Mega Gyarados deck :) one thing I would say is add an extra manaphy just to prevent prizing. In addition, include a ninja boy to allow for even more versatility.

uncleyuri

~
Nice deck. What's typically the plan if your opponent plays a few regice or another where EX attacks don't affect it?

Naner

Aspiring Trainer
Nice deck. What's typically the plan if your opponent plays a few regice or another where EX attacks don't affect it?

Lysandre, Hex (for carbink), Ranger (for Regice). It should be enough.

I always loved the Mega Gyarados deck :) one thing I would say is add an extra manaphy just to prevent prizing. In addition, include a ninja boy to allow for even more versatility.

I'm thinking about it a lot. An extra manaphy can help a lot. Ninja boy is also a good card to have, what would you remove ?
I think I can remove 1 Sycamore.. but every thing else is extremely needed

Naner

Aspiring Trainer
I think I would remove the energy Recycler. Also, remove 1 Lysandre for another Super rod.

Energy Recycler, let me shuffle 5 energies back to my deck. Usually it helps when my first mega gyarados dies. Because for this deck we are running only 10 energies, this card is a must.

Lysandre is optional, I always play with 2 on my decks, but it could be removed for a ninja boy for example, and the Sycamore for a extra Manaphy.

With Energy Recycler we only need 1 Super rod in the deck.

Remember, I'm talking about energy recycler not energy retrieval.

Scyther4lyfe

Aspiring Trainer
The only thing I would add is maybe 1 or 2 silent lab, just to get around any basic pokemon abilities, the most important one being Giratina Ex's. I won a tournament with a similar deck with silent lab and m gyarados ex. i mean obviously hex works just fine, but this could be a perm hex. Manaphy would lose his ability, but you have rough seas to get rid of silent lab if needed. I didn't even run a manaphy and my deck worked fine.