Finding a Deck For Regionals (Standard)

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Hello. I made this thread on the account that I' am having a difficult time figuring out which deck I should run for the Seattle regional (standard). I' am stuck between four different decks at the moment. The following:
  • Volcanion
  • Mega Ray Jolteon
  • Mega Ray Metal
  • Mega Sceptile Garbodor
I' am looking more for a deck that will perform best against what is getting current play. So advice from people that have attended at least one regional tournament so far would be most helpful, but all advice is great. My initial thoughts were run sceptile garb because there is from what i have seen a lot of M Mewtwo. But it will have a severe issue with Volcanion, so if there is a lot of that I don't want to play Sceptile. Volcanion is a very consistent powerful deck but will have issues with Jolteon EX, water types, and maybe garb, but I have no idea how much play those are getting. Mega Ray is all around a good deck. Jolteon variant allows a more aggressive approach, where as a metal variant is slightly more defensive. The biggest problem both decks have will be with hammer decks and Scizor. Of course I have no idea how much play those are getting.

I' am attempting to get my first worlds invite this year, so it is very important I perform very well at this tournament. Also if none of these decks will most likely far well then please leave me with a different deck idea or variant. Thank you!!

Moved from the TCG Competitive to the TCG Help & Advice as the OP is looking for help in finding a deck. ~bbninjas

Personally, I think a few other Standard decks worthy of consideration are:
  • Rainbow Force
  • Darkrai-Giratina-Garbodor
  • Darkrai-Garbodor-Yveltal
  • Yveltal-Garbodor
All of these are quite strong too, IMO. And, let's not forget P Kyogre EX or P Groudon decks either.

Right the list I had was more based on what I already have and what I have seen get good wins in regionals right now. I haven't see kyogre get good wins right now but groudon/carbink has been really strong around my area. I really wish they would release some killer card that would help kyogre turn into an absolute menace (as he is my favorite pokemon), but so far he seems good but not good enough.

Back