• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trevenant Breakpoint/Break, Espeon EX

uncleyuri

~
Only have about 500 matches in online. Still working to add to collection. Messed around and came up with this to try to give a go with. Currently winning about 33% of the time.

Pokémon: 16

- 2 Shuppet
- 2 Banette
- 4 Phantump
- 4 Trevenant (Breakpoint)
- 2 Trevenant Break (Breakpoint)
- 2 Espeon EX

Trainer/Item: 33

- 3 Acro Bike
- 4 Ultra Ball
- 2 Switch
- 3 Prof Letter
- 3 Trainer's Mail
- 2 Hex Maniac
- 3 Sycamore
- 3 N
- 3 Pokémon Fan Club
- 2 Lysandre
- 3 Skyla
- 2 Pokémon Center Lady

Energy: 11

- 8 Psychic
- 3 DC

Strategy:

IDEAL: Start w Shuppet and use ability to evolve first/same turn to Banette and use evolution jammer to prevent opponent from evolving anything or just adding 5 damage counters to EX Pokémon while getting multiple Trevenant Break set up. Switch out and use Trevenant Break as main attacker, costing more energy to opponents EX Pokémon, or use Silent Fear adding 3 damage to all opponents evolved Pokémon. After 2 or 3 turns switch to Espeon EX and miraculous shine to knock out multiple Pokémon.

Yog

Rogue
Woah spooky. I've been brewing up something similar the last while, although I put my focus on the other Banette - aiming to go second, and get the turn one Banette & Trevenant both up and running with Wally & Ascension. Here's my list for comparison:

1h5U00y.png

I did originally use the AT Banette, and then a split evolution, but eventually gave up on it altogether as all it was doing was stalling over and over. With this build, you are hoping to hamper Mega decks from using their spirit links. Secondly, if it's not a Mega deck it's likely basics which get caught by Trev's ability. The most often used wincon I've found is Lysandring up something that can't use it's Float Stone thanks to Banette, and then just sweeping the bench behind the stranded active Hoopa-EX or whatever. Espeon-EX is also in there for the same reasons as yours, plus that additional boost of hitting candy decks.

So it covers; Mega Decks, Big Basics, Stage 2 Candy decks - that's pretty good going.

Of course Rough Seas is a killer, and Dark decks are a steep ask, but you can't have everything.

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
I tried Yog's version at league last night for a few matches. It was really fun! I didn't have an enhanced hammer so I slotted in an extra DCE, and swapped the stadium for Faded Town since I don't have the Secret Base.

Lost to an Eeveeloutions EX deck, but it was really close. I misplayed a couple times since it was my first game with the deck, and think I could have won.

I beat a Mega Mewtwo. He didn't have a very competitive build at all, and I won easily with a combination of Silent Fear for some quick double knockouts, Energy Press for weakness on the Mewtwo, and even a touch of stalling with Miraculous Shine when he went mega while I was setting up a replacement Trev after losing one.

The third game I was playing someone who was practicing for an expanded regionals tournament using Rayquaza so he asked me to pretend my Trevs were the item lock XY version since that's what he would see in expanded. I won easily by deck out since he had no items and couldn't use float stone with Keldio to charge up the Rays. The odd thing with this match is I had five mulligans, which with the number of basics in the deck seemed unusual.

I'm going to continue to play with it online, trying to figure out what would make it better. This, Greninja Break, and a fun little Froslass are going to be my three standard decks for awhile.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
If Shuppet is your preferred starter, I'd suggest bumping up your current line to at least 3-3 or 4-3 in order to increase your chances of starting with it. Consider replacing 1 Phantump and 1 Trevenant.

Also, why no VS Seeker????

No counter Stadium or, at least a Delinquent??

Why no Level Balls?

To me, setup speed would be critical, an obvious key to your game winning strategy. So, cards like Level Ball (which can get both Shuppet and Banette) would be of higher priority than Acro Bike, IMO.

Suggested changes for your consideration:

-1 Phantump
-1 Trevenant
-3 Acro Bike
-1 Ultra Ball - with addition of Level Ball, fewer are needed
-2 Hex Maniac - situational; plus, would negate Treveanat's Ability
-1 Pokémon Fan Club - with addition of Level Ball, fewer are needed
-1 Professor's Letter - 2 should be sufficient
-2 Skyla - with addition of Level Ball, fewer are needed
-1 Pokémon Center Lady - 1 should be sufficient given addition of Olympia
-1 Switch - 1 should be sufficient

+2 Shuppet
+1 Banette
+3 Level Ball
+1 Olympia
+1 Special Charge - to recover and recycle DCEs
+2 Judge / N / Professor Sycamore
+4 VS Seeker

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I have considering this deck for a while, but i keep putting off making the deck profile to actually test. Interesting concept with giratina/darkrai and Yveltal starting to blow up a lot in the recent competitive scene. With a psychic weakness, it hits garb for weakness. I would consider running trev break/talonflame to fully test the deck out. I think the deck could go far in that aspect of play. I would also go as far as to include 1-2 copies of exp. share. Banette is okay, but considering you have a psychic weakness over garb, theres really no need unless your trying to use it to shut down fighting fury belt. Even so, you have the annoying ability where it requires one more energy. You need to be covered at all bases. Please drop the espeon because its an easy 2 prize card, and requires you to waste a turn de-evolving. Against a deck like volcanion, giratina, it becomes essentially useless.

*also, you need to include bursting balloons in the deck to make your opponent truly think twice to attack your active trev or talonflame*

Last edited:

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
Banette doesn't counter Garb, it counters Megas. As soon as Garb has a tool, Banette's ability is shut down.

The main point of the Espeon is to unevolve those Megas if they get on board, which makes the opponent need to use the basics or spend an extra turn evolving since their spirit links are shut down thanks to banette. If they don't get the Mega set up, don't bench Espeon. Though the second attack of Espeon is useful against some decks that have a barrier against evolved Pokémon.

Bursting balloons would be good, if you dropped the Bannetes. There's no need for any tools if you include them. It would be interesting to drop the 2-2 line of Banette and see how the balloons perform. I might have to try that next week. The main trouble is then Megas become a problem again, though we do have the weakness advantage over Mega Mewtwo at least.

Though it probably would be weak against Darkrai, since Trev has a dark weakness. Any ideas to counter that or is it pretty much an auto-loss?

Last edited:

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
The thing is though, with decks like mega ray that can evolve turn one, don't really rely on spirit links. And I'm not saying your ideas bad at all, because now i understand the main point of the espeons now. But consider this, most decks need to be versatile against any and everything in order to maintain consistency. Up against non mega evolved pokemon would be a difficult start if you happened to start off with an espeon as your basic. I am going to post a deck profile of a trev/talonflame and test it out if you would like. Like i said, I'm not trying to down your deck, but you need to consider all decks. Against mega evolved pokemon, your deck is strong, but it does not cover evvverything. Just trying to open your eyes on different varients of the deck