• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lock Deck (Glaceon, Regice, Garbodor)

Cubone's_Dad

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
Glaceon EX 3
Regice 3
Garbodor 2-2
Carbink (safeguard) 1
Total 11

Trainers
N 3
Sycamore 3
Lysandre 2
Brigette 1
Float Stone 2
Switch 1
Fighting Fury Belt 3
Max Elixir 4
Rough Seas 3
Faded Town 2
Dive Ball 4
UItra Ball 3
VS Seeker 4
Super Rod 2
Total 35

Energy
DCE 4
Water 8
Total 14

Strategy: Lock Down Deck. Depending on the match up use either Glaceon to shut down evo’d mons from attacking (Garchomp, Graninja) or Regice if it’s an Ex/M deck (M Mewtwo, Audino, Tina, Rays) to keep from attacking. While also having Garbodor in the back shutting down abilities (Graninja, Carbink, Shaymin, Octilery). Any thoughts would be appreciated. I considered running Jolteon over Regice but I figured keeping energy consistent while also limiting prize trades. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few comments for your consideration:
  • 7 card-draw Supporters seem quite insufficient for smooth, consistent card-draw support.
  • As soon as you attach a Tool to Garbodor, Carbink's Safeguard is nullified. So, I question if you really need the Carbink at all...
  • Pokémon Ranger will/can be used to negate any Glaceon or Regice attack's effect; so, your "lock" may be at best limited.
  • Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you will most likely have "unprotected" benched Pokémon that can just be Lysandre'd and KO'd...
I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack,

What do you recommend over some of the draw supporters?

You make a good point. Carbink does seem a bit out of place once Garbodor is in place. Think 10 mons is enough or should I look run 4 Glaceon and 4 Regice?

I see what you are saying by having things on the bench to get picked off. I dont really see a way around that fact though.

Any specific suggestions of what to remove or add would be helpful. Thanks for the comment.

Id also like to know if there was a way around getting ranger'd as im running the same deck.

It is an interesting concept. I have seen a number of these on PTCGO, but I haven't seen the gardobor variant yet. Seems kind of surprising I haven't seen it TBH. Out of curiosity, any reason you aren't also looking to add in a Jolteon-EX? Just the energy typing?

Id also like to know if there was a way around getting ranger'd as im running the same deck.
Simple Vileplume

I reccomend changing this into Jolteon/Glaceon/Regice/Vileplume for a better lock and preventing r angers from being replayed with vileplume

Simple Vileplume
I reccomend changing this into Jolteon/Glaceon/Regice/Vileplume for a better lock and preventing r angers from being replayed with vileplume
Again Vileplume, most people run at most 2 Rangers so if they can't play VS Seekers they can't win
Not necessarily true... One can still Lysandre up an opponent's "unprotected" benched Pokémon to KO. Secondly, running a Hex Maniac will nullify Vileplume's Ability; at which time, one can VS Seeker played Pokémon Ranger(s) for further use. So, the "lock" can be countered in multiple ways.

Simple Vileplume

I thought about adding Jolteon for added effect; im not sure about the op, but would it simply be trainer line? Would a certain trainer line help in any way?

Back