Discussion Evolutions and its effect on the current meta

Otaku

The wise fool?
Lysandre up the Garb...

and attack for the KO? Unless your deck cannot attack for 100 damage at that point, seems like you're better off KOing the Garbodor instead of attacking to discard Pokémon Tools: your opponent has at least some chance of simply attaching a Float Stone and retreating the next turn. Expect Float Stone counts to rise; Beedrill-EX should be legal soon (or is it already?). Rattata does have some potential, but I think its more for taking out a Fighting Fury Belt, enabling a deck to score a KO against something which would have survived. Edit: Forgot the bit that would keep this from sounding too snarky. >.> So... yeah go ahead and explain if I missed something; I've done so before but for now, I think Raticate directly against a Garbodor is fringe at best.

The new Mewtwo has a chance of being useful as well, simply as a relatively painless, splashable counter for M Mewtwo-EX. It isn't a guaranteed OHKO against the card, though, so it might fall short as well.

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
For those of you who don't know, the first evolutions-legal tournament in Japan took place a little back.

Out of the entire set, only Brock's Guts was used at all in the top cut in every age division.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
With that Starmie remake, Volcanion has suddenly gotten a lot stronger, and with the release of that new Giratina, it now has a way to even the odds tremendously against Greninja BREAK, if not outright take the advantage. With Baby Volcanions that can deal the damage to OHKO Garbodor (and Shaymin-EX with a Fighting Fury Belt), it will be a difficult deck to pin down.

Xerneos

Aspiring Trainer
What about your thoughts on the decks that will use dragonite? (Ray, rainbow road, gardevoir, raichu)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
What about your thoughts on the decks that will use dragonite? (Ray, rainbow road, gardevoir, raichu)

Its hard to say but I would think Mega Ray would use it and Gardevoir for sure. Not too sure on Rainbow Road but I guess it depends on the build.

Petzz

Aspiring Trainer
Lots of people were testing it for worlds. There was even a couple people testing it for nationals.
I don't think M Audino is as bad as many people think. It won worlds, but in another format. The format has changed and M Audino was awesome before the rotation but most people didn't notice that. I think it is worse now after the rotation, but it isn't bad at all. I play it with Yveltal and Zoroark and that seems to work. I agree with you.

Xerneos

Aspiring Trainer
If that is your issue, then stop using shaymin

Im only bringing up something ive noticed. I am very excited for dragonite and intend to use him. However its not the same as shaymin, it takes three energy to manually retreat him compared to shaymins 1 energy...i was bringing that up in the context of bringing out discussion of alternate ways of retreating him that these decks that will use more than one of dragonite will have to consider

gracebond

Aspiring Trainer
That lightning bug Pokemon has an Ability that lets you attach a grass and lightning energy from your deck to your Pokemon and it has synergy with FoGP.

Apparently the Stage 1 is supposed to be Lightning type as well, and as such it's synergy with FoGP is weakened. I do think it has potential however, and it might not be too bad with M Venusaur. However, Crisis Vine is [G][G][G][C] and two Vikavolts won't be able to charge a Venusaur in a single turn. Mega Turbo still exists and might help. I guess you could also use Smeargle BKT and two Vikavolts, assuming you have a Grass energy in the discard. That would be pretty slick, but a lot of bench space.

I guess you could attach [G] for turn, double Vikavolt to put [G][G][L] on one Venusaur and then put [L] on a benched Venusaur or Vikavolt. I dunno I think it has potential, but I feel like the impact of Crisis Vine is kind of limited with Olympia, Escape Rope, and Switch being such powerful cards in the format. Who knows though, I think it's something to keep an eye out for. Might be crazy strong in BKT-On.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Apparently the Stage 1 is supposed to be Lightning type as well, and as such it's synergy with FoGP is weakened. I do think it has potential however, and it might not be too bad with M Venusaur. However, Crisis Vine is [G][G][G][C] and two Vikavolts won't be able to charge a Venusaur in a single turn. Mega Turbo still exists and might help. I guess you could also use Smeargle BKT and two Vikavolts, assuming you have a Grass energy in the discard. That would be pretty slick, but a lot of bench space.

I guess you could attach [G] for turn, double Vikavolt to put [G][G][L] on one Venusaur and then put [L] on a benched Venusaur or Vikavolt. I dunno I think it has potential, but I feel like the impact of Crisis Vine is kind of limited with Olympia, Escape Rope, and Switch being such powerful cards in the format. Who knows though, I think it's something to keep an eye out for. Might be crazy strong in BKT-On.

That is true but you still get Vikavolt out turn to with FoGP. The deck isn't auto but with the game becoming more evolution bases, its still pretty strong.

Tibor Szondi

Aspiring Trainer
Wouldn't it be better to use the PRC Scptile to attach grass energy? You couldget him up and running turn 1 with FoGP, then attach extra energy. With mega turbo and/or max elixir, I could see a turn 1 crisis vine. It would be difficult but possible.