• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Giratina EX Accelaration Deck/ Water

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
i would like to start playing competitivly and have been intersted for a while now with Giratina EX and what chaos wheel. Saw Orlando top 32 decks and aware of Garbador but feel like Giratina EX can be competitve and would like insight on how to make it as good as I can .

Monsters: 8
2 Giratina EX AOR
2 Shaymin ex ROS
2 Gyrados EX BPT
1 Hoopa EX AOR
1 Manaphy EX BPT

Trainers: 37
4 Sycamore
2 N
4 Trainer Mail
4 Max Elixer
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra ball
2 Ninja Boy
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Super Rod
1 Special Charge
2 Parallel City
1 Enhanced Hammer
3 Fighting Fury Belt

Energy: 14
4 Double Dragon
10 Water
Any insight on strategy are modifications would be greatly appreciatted!!

Last edited:
I like the idea and hope you can get somewhere with the list.

To me, I feel that this list could very easily be a Giratina variation of the 'Water Box' (check around the deck garage forum for those) and like the idea.

What to add;
I think that because Gyarados-EXs' big hit does damage to your own bench, it would make sense to add a Bench Barrier Mr.Mime to nullify it and keep everything up that little bit longer
You could also pop in one of the Memories of Dawn Mews from FCL
I think that if you are wanting to run hammers, at least run 2 or more. If not, pulling them up can be vary inconsistent and force unnecessary digging, getting rid of excessive resources. I personally believe that only running 1 isn't worth it.

What to take out (if you add the things above);
1 Hex Maniac
1 Enhanced hammer (if you want)
1 Professor Sycamore (could be risky but if you need to)

But remember, this is all my opinion.

Take it with a grain of salt,
Rayquazatopaz34

I like the idea and hope you can get somewhere with the list.

To me, I feel that this list could very easily be a Giratina variation of the 'Water Box' (check around the deck garage forum for those) and like the idea.

What to add;
I think that because Gyarados-EXs' big hit does damage to your own bench, it would make sense to add a Bench Barrier Mr.Mime to nullify it and keep everything up that little bit longer
You could also pop in one of the Memories of Dawn Mews from FCL
I think that if you are wanting to run hammers, at least run 2 or more. If not, pulling them up can be vary inconsistent and force unnecessary digging, getting rid of excessive resources. I personally believe that only running 1 isn't worth it.

What to take out (if you add the things above);
1 Hex Maniac
1 Enhanced hammer (if you want)
1 Professor Sycamore (could be risky but if you need to)

But remember, this is all my opinion.

Rayquazatopaz34

Thanks for your insight. I did take out the 2 Gyrados and put in 2 Palkia EX as well as add a 2nd Hoopa Ex because it seems to get prized failry often and really hinder my ability to get things going. I took out enhanced hammer and added team flare grunt so can discard it for ultraball but be able to recycle it with VS seeker if needed.
Any more opinionm would be greatly appreciatted

This isn't too much of a necessity or anything, but a fun tech. Running 1-2 Regice AOR for EX lock could work if you want to make this a lock-style deck/more of a 'Water Box' Deck.

Something more helpful; if you are in a tight situation and don't want to discard resources, finding space for 2-4 Dive ball could help pull you out.

Rayquazatopaz34

I'm all about rouge deckhart ideas. if you went with your original idea this would make for an amazing ninja boy deck. Just add like a third ninja boy and maybe 1 or 2 other water box attackers. So what I was thinking of is using gyra dose to set up energy then dropping ninja boy then quack there's giritina.

I'm all about rogue deckhart ideas. if you went with your original idea this would make for an amazing ninja boy deck. Just add like a third ninja boy and maybe 1 or 2 other water box attackers. So what I was thinking of is using gyra dose to set up energy then dropping ninja boy then quack there's giritina.
Oh ok, but so should I take out the Palkias or keep them in? I did think ninja boy could be useful. If i play Gyrados I could see maybe playin a 3rd ninja..any other thoughts?

Here is my 2 cents:

• Palkia and Max Elixir are conflicting resources. I've found Max Elixir to be quicker.
• Off the cuff, I see absolutely no switching opportunities if/when Hex is played or Garbodor is up. This happens more often than not.
• I think 4 Double Dragon Energy for only 2 Giratinas is a bit much. Every deck I've played with 2 Giratinas has worked well with only 3. You have Special Charge listed, which is great.
• You auto lose any stadium war since you don't have any listed. Maybe run a copy of Delinquent?

Here is my 2 cents:

• Palkia and Max Elixir are conflicting resources. I've found Max Elixir to be quicker.
• Off the cuff, I see absolutely no switching opportunities if/when Hex is played or Garbodor is up. This happens more often than not.
• I think 4 Double Dragon Energy for only 2 Giratinas is a bit much. Every deck I've played with 2 Giratinas has worked well with only 3. You have Special Charge listed, which is great.
• You auto lose any stadium war since you don't have any listed. Maybe run a copy of Delinquent?

Thanks for the insight, I do play 2 Reverse Valley, Well if i dont play Palkia, what other mosters could I play? At one point i had 2 AOR Lugia EX in which could help get rid of stadiums as well but was told that should not play it. I could take out 1 DDC, but if i play Lugia EX maybe throw in a DCE?

I don't like Rat with this deck unless you plan to go in a different direction and make it about disruption.
Rat takes up quite a bit of valuable space. your deck might be a little heavy on EX with few support
for a disruption pokemon like carbink or jolteon EX.

Back