• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Trevenant Deck Help

Kyronik

Aspiring Trainer
Hey All I'm working on finalizing two decks for regionals and would really appreciate some help with them.

My first deck that I really like is this one below. I feel it runs rather nice.

Pokémon - 16

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 1 Mewtwo-EX (X Ball)
* 3 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 4 Phantump BKP 64
* 4 Trevenant XY 55
* 1 Wobbuffet GEN 111

Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Wally ROS 107
* 2 N FAC 105
* 3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 1 Level Ball AOR 76
* 1 AZ PHF 91
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

* 1 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 9 Psychic Energy GEN 79
* 2 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total Cards - 60

My other deck I will make another thread for and that one is a dark one.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. This is my first real tournament and need some advice.

I too run this deck, but with a few noted differences. I run:
  • 3 Trainer's Mail and 3 Wally in order to enhance my chances of a T1 Item-lock 75%+ on the time consistently. If that is your T1 objective, then IMO, you will fall short with only 1 Trainer's Mail and 2 Wally.
  • No Mewtwo EX. IMO, this Poké is not needed even to KO an opponent's Mewtwo EX or M Mewtwo EX.
  • 2 Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade).
  • No Hammers. Personal preference not to rely upon flipping.
I recognize our deck strategies are quite different:
  • You cripple your opponent by depriving him/her of energy while spreading damage counters;
  • Whereas I spread the damage counters and will plan to take multiple prizes mid-to-late game. I also run 2 Dedenne (Entertainment) for setup help, as well as a counter to Yveltal (and/or Yveltal EX) which are the bane to this deck (and quite popular in my area).
Given your seemingly "heavy" commitment to opponent's energy deprivation ( 1 TF Grunt, 4 C and 1 E Hammers, and 1 Xerosic), consider adding a Delinquent for further opponent's hand disruption.

Also, consider adding 1 Parallel City in order to remove such "easy" 1HKO targets like Jirachi EX and Shaymin EX from your bench.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Wow thank you!

I never actually considered Dedenne! I always have a hard time with dark decks. I get lucky at times but usually not. I want to play test that a little bit online then. I actually haven't had to use Mewtwo a whole lot where he has come in handy anyway. So I can see about dropping him for a second Wobbufet.

I will have to see where I can cut some things out. Maybe drop a 2 hammers or something to squeeze in Dedenne. and Parallel City. I just have this feeling at Regionals Dark will be all over lol.

Would you mind posting your list? I like the sounds of it.

Back