• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Samurott Budget Deck List (2017 Standard)

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
Hey Poke Beachers, I'm back, and this time I wanted to emphasize how use Samurott from Steam Siege is. For 1 Water Energy, it can KO any Pokemon with 100 HP or less. Since you are doing 40 damage with your attack, the description reads "If the Defending Pokemon has 60 HP or less after this attack, that Pokemon is Knocked Out." However, I also really like Samurott's second attack. It does 90 to the active, 30 to the bench. Sounds familiar? The partner I chose Talonflame. Talonflame is an excellent partner for Stage 2 pokemon, letting you set up behind it while you can search out rare candies, the Stage 2 of choice, and etcetera. In addition, it adds damage on the board, making Samurott's attack actually useful. Here's my list.

Pokemon: 15
4 Talonflame
4 Oshawott
2 Deowtt
4 Samurott
1 Manaphy EX

Supporters: 10
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger

Items: 22
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Bursting Balloon
2 Super Rod
4 Rare Candy
1 Eco Arm

Stadiums: 2
2 Faded Town

Energy: 11
11 Basic Water Energy

CombatPastor

Aspiring Trainer
Nice! Someone else is using this thing aside from me!

I've been working on a decklist for Samurott/Talonflame with some success, but my list isn't quite competitive. The issue I've been running into is keeping the deck going once a Samurott is knocked out - since it takes 2 energy for the first attack, it can be a little difficult to recharge. I'm running a 3-2-3 Samurott line alongside the 4 Talonflame to improve chances of starting with Talonflame. My stadium of choice was Silent Lab, but maybe Faded Town can help with taking down Megas faster? Anyway, how has it been testing the deck?

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
I actually haven't tested this deck, just kind of threw it out there:) I built it similar to my Garchomp list, but it definitely performs in a different way

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Without much energy acceleration otherwise, perhaps you could try to squeeze some Max Elixir in? I don't think this deck benefits much from removing effects via Pokemon Ranger, so I'd consider cutting that out. Manaphy-EX, while it has a great ability, may cause Talonflame to be less reliable. Try testing with and without it.

CombatPastor

Aspiring Trainer
@GolurkChamp2597 Oh! I did the same from my Garchomp list. xD

Well here's a list I've been playtesting. Still needs some work. I was thinking of adding in Exp. Share somewhere. Thoughts?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 3 Oshawott STS 30
* 2 Dewott STS 31
* 3 Samurott STS 32

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Teammates PRC 141
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 10

* 10 Water Energy Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
I have a good friend who really likes Samurott so he had to make a deck similar to this. I helped him with the idea and list and is quite successful. I would suggest taking out all the Ultra Balls for Dive Balls. The only Pokémon in the deck that isn't water is Talonflame which you want to start with anyway. I also like some disruption in my list like hammers. They are cards you could take out for other cards, but I would not suggest it. You could play Puzzles which is another possible inclusion that helps you recycle hammers, Ball searching cards, draw cards, etc. I don't play Manaphy-EX so I help my Talonflame start chances. Also level ball I feel doesn't need a 3 count in this deck. Personally I don't play any just for the fact that we play 4 Dive Ball and Talonflame as an automatic search. I hope this comment helps. :)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
@GolurkChamp2597 Here's my list I use Clawitzer BREAK to guarantee the knockout with Ultimate blade
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 2 Clawitzer BREAK STS 35
* 2 Clauncher STS 33
* 1 Clawitzer STS 34
* 1 Clawitzer PR-XY XY146
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
* 4 Oshawott STS 30
* 1 Dewott STS 31
* 4 Samurott STS 32

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
* 4 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 1 Wally ROS 107
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99

##Energy - 9

* 9 Water Energy GEN 77

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Why not just cut the Talonflames in that case. Considering how many basics you play, you are better off playing more draw cards or consistency cards.
I don't know I like Talonflame in decks, it isn't necessary but it can speed things up

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think this deck benefits much from removing effects via Pokemon Ranger, so I'd consider cutting that out.

I'd have to disagree with that pretty strongly. Without it this deck auto loses to Glaceon-EX.

CombatPastor

Aspiring Trainer
@Vitiel Yeah. I based the deck on my running Garchomp/Talonflame deck - never changed over to Dive Balls. Trying to decide where to put them. I could drop the Ultra Balls, but they're actually pretty good for getting rid of dead Talonflame draws and preventing them from being shuffled back in with N. Maybe I could replace the Level Balls? ...maybe a 4-2 Dive Ball-Ultra Ball split?