Discussion Water Box in Standard?

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi guys, after a couple of months having success playing Rainbow Road, people where I play are starting to know how to stop my deck, so I've thought to change it. As I've seen some Volcanion decks where I play, I'd like to try a Water Box type deck, but know that Seismitoad EX has said bye, I can't find any reliable attacker. Any suggestions before Lapras GX arrives here? I thought about White Kyurem from FC, but it has much less HP.

Other questions that comes to my mind, does Water Box autolose against Mega Mewtwo? And does it suffer too much against Garbodor?

Thx guys!

Try primal kyogre. Mewtwo is tough, but it's winnable.

I've used Water Toolbox in standard at a local tournament, I used Palkia as an early attacker and to power up Glaceon or Regice. Ninja Boy into Articuno can work quite well. Seeing as though you will be playing Manaphy for free retreat you could run one Beedrill ex to help against the Garbador threat if u need it.

@MrDiceFTW - I've done the same. My build is pretty reliant on getting Max Elixir drops and a way to switch out for that T1 Aqua Turbo. I think I even have two Manaphy in my list or something like that. It's pretty dated, but it kinda worked. Lapras-GX might be a neat inclusion with Fighting Fury Belt in the future.

Hi guys! After some testing in PTCGO, I've found some interesting ideas using your suggestions. However, it doesn't seem any of them will be as good as the old Water Box, as they need more invest to still be reaching 2HKO instead of OHKO (Primal Kyogre deals 150, and Palkia once your bench is fully charged can deal 120, Regice/Glaceon deals 70 damage...)

The one I found nearer to what Water Box was is White Kyurem, as it deals as much damage as Seismitoad EX. But it has a worse drawback, so it's not a relyable main attacker.

Back