• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Scizor/Garb Deck for Regionals. CALLING ALL SCIZOR PLAYERS!!!!

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
I have been preparing for the Dallas Regionals quite heavily these past few months, and the deck I will be running is a Mega Scizor/Garbodor deck. So far, Scizor has played really well in the Regionals that have already taken place. But from what people have said, Volcanion is showing up in full force. So I wanted to create this deck thread that will hopefully result in a way Scizor can stand up to Volcanion.

Current Deck List:

4-3 MScizor EX
x2 Shaymin EX
2-2 Garbodor
x1 Cobalion (Steam Siege)
x1 Hoopa EX

The Deck engine is pretty standard:
x4 Prof. Sycamore
x4 Ultra Ball
x4 VS Seeker
x2 N
x1 Lysandre
x1 Pokemon Center Lady (To Force 3HKO)

x4 Crushing Hammer
x3 Float Stone (To eliminate the chance of a Lysandre Garb Stall)
x3 Scizor Spirit Link
x2 Parallel City
x1 Mega Turbo
x1 Team Flare Grunt
x2 Trainers Mail
x1 Super Rod

x7 Basic Steel Energy
x2 Shield Energy (Reduced Shield Energy count for Mirror Match)

Total: 57

For techs against Volcanion, I have a few ideas. the first is a 1-1 line of Vaporeon (Aqua Effect). This would double our damage from 120, to 240. If you got out a Vaporeon and MScizor turn 2, you would just need to put out a Parallel City and go from there. The last one is a little weird, and it's a 2-2 line of Zoroark. If you put in 2 DCE, you would be taking up a little extra space, but I want to know if you guys think it's worth it:p

Erm... Aqua effect only works on stage one pokemon. Ex: raichu, arcainine, golbat. It would not work on your M-scizors.

Mega pokemon aren't considered stage 1. So vaporeon won't work.

I've been trying double hex with weavile from steam seige. This gives access to weakness policy on the megas. Seems decent. But a waste of time for some match ups. You also lose access to hammers.

To tech against an almost auto loss tends to make the deck weaker against its other match ups.

Best I've found so far is using Weavile with Tear Away. Replace garbodor with 2 hex. Take out hammers for weakness policy, and assault vest. I'm also trying floral crown and max potion to make the scizor more bulky.

Unfortunately it makes giratina, rayquaza and mewtwo a harder match up. The assault vest help reduce damage from them. Though you still remove the special energy. Making it sort of counter intuitive.

Either way, most decks that I've seen do well.
Go full consistency and just chance the auto losses.

To tech against an almost auto loss tends to make the deck weaker against its other match ups.

Best I've found so far is using Weavile with Tear Away. Replace garbodor with 2 hex. Take out hammers for weakness policy, and assault vest. I'm also trying floral crown and max potion to make the scizor more bulky.

Unfortunately it makes giratina, rayquaza and mewtwo a harder match up. The assault vest help reduce damage from them. Though you still remove the special energy. Making it sort of counter intuitive.

Either way, most decks that I've seen do well.
Go full consistency and just chance the auto losses.
I had overlooked the Vapeoreon:confused::D

What would you suggest as a ratio of Weakness Policy to Assault Vest? Also what kind of line for Weavile are you using?

2-2 line.
Testing tool counts. Atm
2 float stone
3 Spirit Links
2 assault vest
2 weakness policy
1 Floral Crown

1 weakness policy might be enough. Since it's only useful against fire types and you just remove it after scizor takes a hit.

The only thing is that I want to get more out of the ability to move tools around. If only muscle band was still in the format.

2-2 line.
Testing tool counts. Atm
2 float stone
3 Spirit Links
2 assault vest
2 weakness policy
1 Floral Crown

1 weakness policy might be enough. Since it's only useful against fire types and you just remove it after scizor takes a hit.

The only thing is that I want to get more out of the ability to move tools around. If only muscle band was still in the format.
Wow, that's really clever! I had never thought of using Weavile:D My Pokemon League is today, would you mind if I used this strategy? I will credit you:)

I don't really mind. Just let me know how it does. After post your list so I can compare I guess

Back