Blog "Gyara-who?" An Inside Look at What Made Waves in Orlando!

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Literally the day after Orlando regionals all of my Gyarados I had listed on eBay sold instantly :D I'm not too sure whether I like the deck myself. You do describe some positive match-ups there, but I'm just not seeing its strength overall for now. I guess I'll be seeing it at my league soon with it being a budget deck, so I'll see how it performs, and it may become my new budget deck if I like it!

Nyora

A Cat
You mention Pokémon Ranger several times in the article. I've looked over it several times, and there are 0 Pokémon Ranger in the deck list.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
@blahblahbal - haha. Two very different builds.

@chella182 - thanks for the comment! I highly urge you to give it a go! It's a hard-hitting one-Prize attacker with a ton of consistency. Give that a run!

@rainyman123 - thanks for reviewing the article several times! As mentioned, this is my buddy Evan Cole's list. He didn't include Pokémon Ranger in this list - he's most likely going to work that in (and I would too) after DarkTinaGarb's success this past weekend.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Archie's and Maxie's builds both took hits without Battle Compressor. It's difficult to get the exact cards you need in the discard pile all the while whittling your hand to just one card. While Archie's sounds like a novel idea, it's just not needed. Your damage output is already just where it needs to be in order to be competitive, so having four Benched Magikarp with damage isn't necessary. The Archie's route is more inconsistent and by forcing yourself to discard stuff (which could end up being valuable resources) hurts you in the long run.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah so the deck won the League Challenge I was at yesterday, so I guess it does have some power!