• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Samurott/Golbat (budget deck)

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
~~Pokemon(21)~~
4 Oshawott STS
2 Dewott STS
4 Samurott STS
2 Clauncher STS
2 Clawitzer STS
2 Clawitzer BREAK STS
1 Manaphy EX BKP
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT

~~Trainers(29)~~
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
2 Wally

4 Dive ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Crushing Hammer
3 Rare Candy
4 Bursting Balloon

3 Rough Seas

~~Energy(10)~~
10 Water

So I really like the idea of pairing samurott and golbat together, however so far it has not been working out for me. I was hoping someone would have any ideas for what I could do. I would appreciate help! Thanks!

Last edited:

LittleBigTube10

Aspiring Trainer
Why have 2 Dewott and have 4 Samurott? You'll only be able to play half of the Samurotts. It's a waste of deck space.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I would recommend instead of GOlbat do a 2-2-2 Clawitzer BREAK line, a Manaphy and another N, also how many energy do you run? And remove klefki for another Octillery

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I would recommend instead of GOlbat do a 2-2-2 Clawitzer BREAK line, a Manaphy and another N, also how many energy do you run? And remove klefki for another Octillery

Shoot, I always forget to put the energy on my list, thanks for reminding me. I run 10 water. As for the clawitzer BREAK idea, I like it a lot, thanks for that as well. I will try out these changes and see how they work for me. Thank you!

Yog

Rogue
Could you explain the synergy you're hoping for between Samurott & Clawitzer / Samurott & Golbat? I'm not really seeing it. Clawitzer is only really useful for it's ability - to pair it with Mega Pokemon with awkward energy costs - Steelix, Ampharos, Altaria would all be good partners that can benefit. But it does nothing for Samurott except become a second three-part line that clogs up your deck. You had it with Golbat originally which I suppose was just because they could both snipe the bench. A better approach, but still nothing groundbreaking. Although, it does reach some nice numbers where you can take out a Shaymin and the likes.

I'm afraid Samurott is just not a very good card. If I was determined to put it in a deck, I might try it with Royal Flash Slowking. You can push the energies from the active to some bench pokemon, then you can use the snipe part of the Pike attack to target (or not, depending on the situation) the mon with all the energies on.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Could you explain the synergy you're hoping for between Samurott & Clawitzer / Samurott & Golbat? I'm not really seeing it. Clawitzer is only really useful for it's ability - to pair it with Mega Pokemon with awkward energy costs - Steelix, Ampharos, Altaria would all be good partners that can benefit. But it does nothing for Samurott except become a second three-part line that clogs up your deck. You had it with Golbat originally which I suppose was just because they could both snipe the bench. A better approach, but still nothing groundbreaking. Although, it does reach some nice numbers where you can take out a Shaymin and the likes.

I'm afraid Samurott is just not a very good card. If I was determined to put it in a deck, I might try it with Royal Flash Slowking. You can push the energies from the active to some bench pokemon, then you can use the snipe part of the Pike attack to target (or not, depending on the situation) the mon with all the energies on.
Since I'm the one who reccomended Clawitzer BREAK, I reccomended it because of lock on if you use it, next turn, retreat (Manaphy) into samurott use Ultimate Blade that's doing 160, meaning if anything has lower than 220 HP they will get KO'd (most pokemon besides 3 or 4 megas and Wailord)

S

Saksme

@Emskas He's attempting to create a kind of lock on strategy to hold the opponent in place and then K.O. them from there.

Jtlindley88

Aspiring Trainer
I've personally tried the deck and like it however instead of bats I used hoopa from steam seige and got the easy kos quicker than with bats