• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Water box deck.

daniel rowland

Aspiring Trainer
I have recently got a water box deck. I am using a friends old list which he found the best. I just wondered on what i should put in/ take out.

pokemon: 10
2 glaceon ex
2 manaphy ex
2 regice
2 ancient trait plus articuno
2 regice
1-1 octilery
trainers: 39
4 sycamore
3 n
1 lysandre
1 hex maniac
1 pokemon ranger
1 delinquent
3 rough seas
4 energy switch
4 vs seeker
4 dive ball
1 escape rope
4 trainers mail
4 max elixir
1 super rod
3 fighting fury belt
energy:11
11 basic water energy

I run a version of water box, and I feel like trainers mail isn't needed. These are the changes I would make based on my experience

-1 Pokemon ranger (since you have glaceon and regice, I feel like it is not needed. especially since it would disrupt those Pokemon)
-4 trainers mail

+1-1 octillery (just in case one of them gets prized or knocked out)
+ 1 Ninja boy (useful in sticky situations)
+ 1 FFB
+ 1 Water energy (I feel like 12 is the perfect amount)

Hope this helps and also FYI you listed regice twice;)

Thanks for the suggestions, but i'm still not really sure on why you suggest dropping 4 trainers mail. They're a staple in any deck and help with set up massivly. And i want to see what to take out for some dce (not entirly sure on this but was the first piece of advice for this deck) and a 2-2 primal kyogre line (heard that primal kyogre does really well with water box). Thanks anyway

Nice deck!

If I were you, I would invest some money in PALKIA EX. He's a very good water attacker that helps spread energy across the field. Attach an energy to him, give him a max elixir, and BOOM! You've got a really nice setup attack, essentially Geomancy but better, with damage.

Back