• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Need Help with a M Tyranitar EX Deck

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
this is a very very rough draft of a M Tyranitar Deck. Let me know if you have any input for me.
Thanks guys and gals! Plan is to have Spinda be my starter pokemon to get splash damage on my opponents while building up M Tyranitar for knockouts later. Klefki will be used to protect M Tyranitar against other mega pokemon.
Pokemon 13
4 Spinda PRC 115
2 Tyranitar EX AOR 42
2 M Tyranitar EX AOR 43
2 Klefki STS 80
1 Shaymin EX ROS 77
2 Yveltal STS 65

Trainers 34
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
4 Ultra Ball
2 Tyranitar Spirit Link
4 Mega Turbo
4 Team Magma's Secret Base
1 Switch
3 Trainers' Mail
1 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker
1 Escape Rope
2 EXP. Share
2 Assault Vest

Energy 13
3 Dangerous Energy √
3 Double Colorless Energy √
7 Darkness Energy √

I tried a similar deck.... but had trouble getting it to run consistently.
Try a Skyla, so you can get the spirit link.
I recommend a 3-3 line of tyranitar. 2 is a bit light.
I've tried x2 Heavy ball for digging out the tyranitars.

I don't know if you really need the klefki the only m decks that are a threat is mega rayquaza and mega mewtwo but that requires 4 energy on your tyranitar and 4 energy on their mewtwo which you can discard the energy with flare grunt or enchanced hammer, and mega ray well if they can set up the game is considered over usually. I'm running zubats + golbats for the damage output as using its ability gives me a guranteed knockout and 10 damage to each pokemon on my opponents board.

I use Hoopa from Steam Siege for splash damage. I use a 3-3 line for Tyranitar EX. Also thought of throwing in Yveltal and Ylveltal Break from Steam Siege.

Back