Vespiquen Variants

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Hi,

I'm interesting in Pokemon TCG Online at the moment. So i found Yanmega and tested him with Vespiqueen.
Maybe someone can help me.

My List:

Pokemons - 30
4-4 Vespiqueen Line
4-4-3 Yanmega Break Line
1 Mew Ex
4 Unown
2 Shaymin Ex
2 Klefki
1-1 Ariados Line

Trainer - 26
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Judge
1 Teammates
1 Lysandre

4 Forest of Giant Plants

4 VS Seeker
4 Hyperball
1 Float Stone
1 Escape Rope
1 Special Charge
1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
1 Enhanced Hammer

Energie - 4
4 Double Colorless Energie

Explaining:
2 Shaymin Ex = I haven't 3 at PTCGO. I would cut a Professor Sycamore for 3rd Shaymin Ex

1 Mew Ex = Easy Kill vs M Mewtu Ex
= Out for Glaceon Ex
= 5th Vespiqueen if nessessary

1-1 Ariados Line = 10 Poison + 100 Yanmega Break atk = 110 dmg for Shaymin Ex
= I don't know if it is nessessary.

1 Judge = I think 1 is enough. Mostly i decrease my handcards after a Prof or N

1 Teammates = Searching my toolbox

1 Float Stone + 1 Escape Rope = 2 switches for non grass starter. Escape Rope can be helpfully at lategame to take out a benchpokemon.

1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue > 1 Revitalizer = Most of time i wanted a Unown or Shaymin Ex for draw cards or Klefki for protection

1 Enhanced Hammer = I don't know if i need it in actually meta

Maybe i cut Enhanced Hammer, Ariados Line and Teammates. But i need some more techs instead.
You focus your deck around a line that becomes completely useless after garb comes in, and this happens every 2 games for me. Drop the mew and yanmega, they dont have a DCE attack if you get shutdown by garb and then become completely useless. You dont have anything to check mega ray, you dont even run 4 klefki which is really important when playing against mega decks. I would also suggest running revitalizer to keep the vespis running. I would suggest you look at my list or the list of the person above me and take some notes. They are both decks that are very high on the tier list and are very well done

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You focus your deck around a line that becomes completely useless after garb comes in, and this happens every 2 games for me. Drop the mew and yanmega, they dont have a DCE attack if you get shutdown by garb and then become completely useless. You dont have anything to check mega ray, you dont even run 4 klefki which is really important when playing against mega decks. I would also suggest running revitalizer to keep the vespis running. I would suggest you look at my list or the list of the person above me and take some notes. They are both decks that are very high on the tier list and are very well done
I disagree. Without Battle Compressor, Vespiquen becomes way weaker, so it can't even be considered the main attacker. Yanmega is the best partner for Vespi in this meta because it's a stage 2 attacker that hits decent numbers for free, and when it dies, Vespi hits for 30 more. And 4 Klefki is unnecessary since megas aren't popular, other than maybe Mewtwo and Scizor. Mega Ray is totally dead until Evolutions becomes legal, where it MIGHT become good, since it loses to a stadium that literally every deck except this and SkyField users have. I do think the deck should at least have 2 Klefki, but without an easy way to discard them(since you have to wait a turn if you don't have Unown to use Klefki on it to it's best potential), 4 wouldn't be all that useful. I definitely agree on Revitalizer though, that's a must.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
I disagree. Without Battle Compressor, Vespiquen becomes way weaker, so it can't even be considered the main attacker. Yanmega is the best partner for Vespi in this meta because it's a stage 2 attacker that hits decent numbers for free, and when it dies, Vespi hits for 30 more. And 4 Klefki is unnecessary since megas aren't popular, other than maybe Mewtwo and Scizor. Mega Ray is totally dead until Evolutions becomes legal, where it MIGHT become good, since it loses to a stadium that literally every deck except this and SkyField users have. I do think the deck should at least have 2 Klefki, but without an easy way to discard them(since you have to wait a turn if you don't have Unown to use Klefki on it to it's best potential), 4 wouldn't be all that useful. I definitely agree on Revitalizer though, that's a must.
Again, 4 of the top 8 meta decks run garb in some form or another. If that garb gets setup your primary attacker is useless and you dont have energy to keep him attacking. Ive tried both varients and the one where I focused on Yanmega lost considerably more in match ups where If I just focused on using litwick and ultra ball to discard I would have been way better off

Lets face it, until some form of solid tool discard becomes a thing YanmaQuen isnt gonna be good compared to the variant that focuses Talon/Litwick/Vespi

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Again, 4 of the top 8 meta decks run garb in some form or another. If that garb gets setup your primary attacker is useless and you dont have energy to keep him attacking. Ive tried both varients and the one where I focused on Yanmega lost considerably more in match ups where If I just focused on using litwick and ultra ball to discard I would have been way better off

Lets face it, until some form of solid tool discard becomes a thing YanmaQuen isnt gonna be good compared to the variant that focuses Talon/Litwick/Vespi
You do know how easy it is to Lysandre Garb, right? I would go more into detail, but it's hard for me to even write this, since I destroyed my keyboard.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
You do know how easy it is to Lysandre Garb, right? I would go more into detail, but it's hard for me to even write this, since I destroyed my keyboard.

You do know how easy it us to waste a turn killing garb early game when you shoukd really be focusing on killing their exs and shaymins to take early prize leads due to fact that using lysandre early not only stalls your setup by a turn, and it usually guarantees a KO back on your end so you lose a vespi early game and now have to focus on keeping your hand low for a messily 120 damage max. Theres a reason that vespi stayed top tier and yanmega didnt. Vespi actually runs well in 90% of match ups. Yanmega only runs well if you actually get everything setup, and have 4 cards in your hand. AND hope that they dont have a garbador or else thats just dead weight on the bench. Id run yanmega just to put it in the bench, because id rater make matchups such as mega ray better with zebstrika, or in the case of running eeveelutions make the scizor matchup better, and the volcanion matchup light years better. All yanmega does it make matchups that were already fine somewhat worse due to the fact that im now putting less cards in the discard, and it makes the garbadoir match up worse by a long shot. I cant discard yanmegas when theyre placed on the bench, and I cant even use them without KOing a garbador. Id rather use that KO on a mewtwo or a shaymin or a rayquaza rather than try to keep a yanmega attacking which again only does 120 damage max. Thats two turns of discards with regular Unown, Sycamore, Ultra Ball and liwick. I can even revitalizer a line of Vespi which is something I cannot do with Yanmega. The trade off for havinh yanmega means that if you bench too many and a grab comes out youre screwed. Any other deck will punish that KO and all youre gonna get in return is the chance to 2 hit KO most EXs while losing the prze trade due to the low hp of Yanmega. The regular vespi focuses on taking 2 turns and losing 1-2 pokemon while doing it to setup 1 shots of most exs and almost all megas. Yanmega is for people that like to gimp themselves. I play this deck and I plan on taking it t regionals. I want to win so I wont waste my time with garbagemega