Vespiquen Variants

On a slightly unrelated note, I saw someone playing Manaphy EX and Water Energy instead of Float Stone. I thought that was pretty neat, and I guess you could use that to attack with Bee Revenge without DCE. You wouldn't have free retreat with Vileplume though.

Why are you saying Vileplume wouldn't have free retreat ? Seems to me like the whole purpose of Manaphy EX is be to attach a Water Energy to Vileplume when it comes to the active spot, which will act like a Float Stone.

That's a good idea, I found it more reliable than Silent Lab. I would go with a split line of energies between Water for Vileplume/Bunnelby and DCE for Vespiquen/Shaymin EX.

Why are you saying Vileplume wouldn't have free retreat ? Seems to me like the whole purpose of Manaphy EX is be to attach a Water Energy to Vileplume when it comes to the active spot, which will act like a Float Stone.

That's a good idea, I found it more reliable than Silent Lab. I would go with a split line of energies between Water for Vileplume/Bunnelby and DCE for Vespiquen/Shaymin EX.

If you attach them to Vespiquen in order to attack through Aegislash's Mighty Shield, then you wouldn't have enough to put one on Vileplume for free retreat.

This is assuming you only play 2 Water Energies for the entire deck. You could play more.

I was kind of assuming the skeleton list, but -2 Float Stone, +2 Water Energy, but even if you are playing say 3 Water, with the rate at which you go through the deck for the turn one Vileplume, it's unlikely that you would be able to avoid discarding at least one. Any more than 3, and suddenly you're playing double the amount of Energy you'd normally play.

not sure if anyone's suggested it but wobb is fantastic in this deck. i added wobb a while back and getting items back if you set up an early lock after you have a pokemon kod is so clutch.

not sure if anyone's suggested it but wobb is fantastic in this deck. i added wobb a while back and getting items back if you set up an early lock after you have a pokemon kod is so clutch.
I tried out Wobbuffet and the problem is it's an easy Lysandre target. In playing Wobbufett you give your opponent more options to break T1 lock which normally isn't good.

I saw a vespiquen deck flop in regionals top cut because of wobbuffet start. The anti-synergy with shaymin is horrible. As gab said above, giving your opponent a way to break the lock using Lysandre is bad with vileplume. Better off with AZ. If you really must stop abilities somehow, use an emergency only hex maniac tech. It's a shame this deck has anti synergy with vs seeker.

no one plays vespiquen with zebstrika BRK?
I remember at regionals in Florence a guy played it and made the top cut!

Do we like Vepsiquen/Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade like the deck that came second in Argentina? That deck seemed to counter all decks in the current meta except Genesect/Bronzong.

Don't know what to think of it haha... starting to fall in love

thanks, that's extremely helpful.

there are only 23 pokemon, which is considered to be low in vespiquen deck (normally ~27). he play trainer's mail over unown, to boost consistency but sacrifice some bee revenge power too. and i am not sure on playing both Aegislash ex and jirachi, as they serve similar purpose

Anyone have a Vespiquen list for the current standard? The list in the first post is no longer standard.

Sure....

Pokemon – 25
3 Shaymin-EX
4 Combee
4 Vespiquen
4 Unown
4 Klefki
3 Zoroark
3 Zorua

Energy - 4
4 Double Colorless Energy

Trainers - 31
Supporters - 8
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
Items - 21
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Acro Bike
2 Level Ball
2 Revitaliser
1 Super Charge
1 Float Stone
Stadium - 2
2 Forest of Giant Plants

Heres the list I am using. I took my city league challenge and league cup with it, hope it works for you guys:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Combee AOR 9
* 4 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 2 Blitzle BKP 48
* 2 Zebstrika BKP 49
* 3 Litwick STS 48
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Faded Town AOR 73
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 N DEX 96

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy LTR 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If im gonna have dead weight as an extra 4 pokes, id prefer having the off chance that I start with talon and get that nice aero blitz start to quickly setup. Also Litwick is super important and getting at least 1 slightly simmer makes getting through the pokes much quicker. Faded town > FOGP because of the amount of megas it makes adding that bit of extra damage so much easier. Last tech is zebstrika and thats for the mega ray matchup and it makes it so much easier

Hi,

I'm interesting in Pokemon TCG Online at the moment. So i found Yanmega and tested him with Vespiqueen.
Maybe someone can help me.

My List:

Pokemons - 30
4-4 Vespiqueen Line
4-4-3 Yanmega Break Line
1 Mew Ex
4 Unown
2 Shaymin Ex
2 Klefki
1-1 Ariados Line

Trainer - 26
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Judge
1 Teammates
1 Lysandre

4 Forest of Giant Plants

4 VS Seeker
4 Hyperball
1 Float Stone
1 Escape Rope
1 Special Charge
1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue
1 Enhanced Hammer

Energie - 4
4 Double Colorless Energie

Explaining:
2 Shaymin Ex = I haven't 3 at PTCGO. I would cut a Professor Sycamore for 3rd Shaymin Ex

1 Mew Ex = Easy Kill vs M Mewtu Ex
= Out for Glaceon Ex
= 5th Vespiqueen if nessessary

1-1 Ariados Line = 10 Poison + 100 Yanmega Break atk = 110 dmg for Shaymin Ex
= I don't know if it is nessessary.

1 Judge = I think 1 is enough. Mostly i decrease my handcards after a Prof or N

1 Teammates = Searching my toolbox

1 Float Stone + 1 Escape Rope = 2 switches for non grass starter. Escape Rope can be helpfully at lategame to take out a benchpokemon.

1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue > 1 Revitalizer = Most of time i wanted a Unown or Shaymin Ex for draw cards or Klefki for protection

1 Enhanced Hammer = I don't know if i need it in actually meta

Maybe i cut Enhanced Hammer, Ariados Line and Teammates. But i need some more techs instead.

Back