• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (2017) Mega Beedrill EX Speed List

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
Hey guys, back for more lists. This time, the Pokemon that caught my eye is Mega Beedrill. As a short description, Mega Beedrill can do 40 damage and poison AND paralyze your opponents Pokemon. It also causes 40 damage of poison instead of 10. This card also has free retreat, and it looks pretty incredible, right? The only downfall: The attack discards all energy attached to Beedrill. However, I've seen many lists trying to slow down your opponent, yet no one looked at PRC Sceptile. This Stage 2 allows for an extra energy attachment in your turn, and it also heals 30 damage. With Forest of Giant Plants being probably the best Stadium in the format, we have a lot to work with. Here's my list for Mega Beedrill Turbo, or what I like to call Mega Speedrill.

Pokemon: 14
3 Beedrill EX
3 Mega Beedrill EX
2 Shaymin EX
2 Treeko
2 Grovyle
2 Sceptile

Supporters: 9
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Hex Maniac
1 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger

Items: 23
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
3 Mega Turbo
3 Beedrill Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
1 Super Rod
2 Energy Retrieval

Stadiums: 4
4 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy: 10
10 Basic Grass Energy

Alright guys, that was my list, but let's look at some popular matchups:

Rainbow Road (my favorite new deck): Rainbow Road fairs pretty poorly against this deck, as we can Paralyze their attacker AS WELL AS gain Stadium control, and do all of this much quicker than Rainbow Road can. In addition, if the Xerneas does not have a Fury Belt attached, we can actually get a knock out from Poison, rendering Bisharp useless.

Dark/Dragons: This matchup is rather interesting, since most of those lists tech a Garbodor or even Zoroark, one of the most popular cards in this format. However, we can trap these Pokemon in the active slot with our attack, locking them in place for a turn, and then we can worry about the bigger attackers at a later point. However, something to keep in mind is that we can't actually hurt Girantina, so avoid attacking into it as much as possible.

FairyTina: FairyTina is so interesting, given that Xerneas can pump out heavy damage. If we are able to stream attacks from our Beedrill, we can easily lock their attackers up as well. And as previously stated, we can't damage their Girantina with Mega Beedrill, so.if you plan on it definitely use Hex.

Volcanion/Volcanion EX: This may be our hardest matchup, given that they are able to hit us for weakness. However, I feel that if we can Hex Maniac turn after turn AND keep the lock we can easily limit their damage output.

Dark Toolbox: Given that we can lock their attackers in place, we can easily deal with this deck. However, most lists also run Zoroark, which really screws with the deck. Consider adding 1 more Lysandre to answer Zoroark.

Gyarados (yes this is a thing): Gyarados relies on taking 2 prizes on your EXs. Being able to lock it in place makes Gyarados rather useless, but be careful as to remove as many attackers as you can.

Last edited:
Looks great!! My only remark, is the rattata really necessary? Doesn't Beedrill-EX's first attack cover the tool problem?

Yeah, I see how you can use it :) but I need to thank you, I was looking for a partner to play with M Beedrill EX, but didn't notice the Sceptile yet!

I got my 2-2 line since yesterday :) online and real life, now hesitating to find a third pair or try to fit this card in another deck, like M Sceptile or something...

One box online and one box in a local store nearby (I live in Belgium), I'm lucky I found them already, apparently they're not ment to be released till next month?

Hello everyone. I'm actually working on a M Beedrill-EX deck online. My list is quite similar to yours, I mean the "M Beedrill / Sceptile (PRC)" shell.
I would like to talk about the different options the deck provides and make it even more consistent.

The goal is to attack with M Beedrill and lock the opponent's Defending Pokémon. By saying that, what are the cards in actual Standard that can switch opponent's Defending Pokémon or heal/prevent the Paralysed special condition? Here's the list:
Supporters: Olympia (Retreat), Pokémon Center Lady (Heal), Wally (By evolving).
Items: Devolution Spray (like Evolving), Escape Rope (Switch), Evosoda (By evolving), Rare Candy (By evolving), Switch (Obviously ^^).
Stadium: Chaos Tower (Heal)
Tools: Bent Spoon (must be equipped before)
Pokémon Abilities: Aurorus-EX (XY102, Heal), Carbink (the Safeguard one), Florges BREAK (Heal), Magearna (Metal energy must be attached before), Metagross (Magnetic Warp, Switch), Raticate (the Antibodies one), Suicune (the Wind Charm one), Wailord-EX (Heal), Zoroark (Stand In, Switch).

I may have forgotten some cards, if you see more, please say it ^^. As you can see, few of those cards are really playable and can be seen in some popular decks, like Escape Rope, Switch, Zoroark. Still, they are not in every deck.

Now, let's assume the opponent didn't play any those cards during his locked turn: what to do next? Refilling M Beedrill every turn costs a lot of energy. For example, if your facing a M Rayquaza-EX (ROS76), you need 2 Hazard Stinger attacks, then it will be KO at the end of your opponent's turn by Poison. That's 2 of your turns and 4 energies.
Since M Beedrill has no retreat cost, I think it's good to have another attacker.
Virizion (Ancient Origins) is pretty nice, by getting back your Pokémons from graveyard (so you can cut Revitalizer to 1 in the deck) during the locked turn (if KOed, only 1 Prize card), and can hit hard if the opponent is ahead on Prizes.
Sceptile-EX (Ancient Origins) is also a card I would consider, to finish off any large Pokémon. It doesn't need to be refilled every turn, gives you 2 turns to refill M Beedrill. By adding 2 copies of him in the deck, and due to the presence of Shaymin-EX, I think Hoopa-EX is also an option.

I hope I helped a little, there's so many things I would like to talk about this deck but I need to stop writing from now XD

Have fun!

Back