• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fast Zygarde Ex Deck

Sonkyhaner

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 3 Regirock-EX FAC 43
* 4 Zygarde-EX FAC 54
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Power Memory FAC 108
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 2 Scorched Earth FAC 110
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 8 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

please give suggestions for improvement :)

Here are some ideas:
-2 switch(float stone is enough)
-1 ninja boy (there really isn't much you can get out of it)
+1 Float stone
+1 lysandre (the chance of drawing it is low)
if vespiquen or yanmega is popular, you could consider weakness policy. you could also consider sky fieeld so you can play down all your pokemon, with hoopa shaymin and regirock, it can be hard to play down carbink and zygarde.

As a Zygarde player (different deck build), I found the Regirock build to be lackluster. They are terrible bench sitters and for only 10 extra damage each, I find them to be a waste of space. Also, with that many bench sitters switch can be a godsend. But 2 float stone won't be enough. You should have 3 at minimum.

My suggestions:
-3 Regirock
+1 Lysandre
-1 Ninja Boy

3 Open Spots

You could try max elixir, but I didn't like it much either. It functions better in the discard to use with carbink. That all being said, you did say speed zygarde, and maybe the Regi build just wasn't my play style. So take my ideas how you will, I hope they helped.

I would suggest making some room for Max Elixirs. I found it to be a fantastic tool in my Zygarde build. Being able to even use a 2 or 3 energy move that early on is awesome, possibly even first turn, if not for sure second.

The Max Elixirs are great because they hit everything on the bench.

-1 Ninja Boy
-2 Switch
-1 Super Rod ( I never found this to be useful in this deck with Carbink's and so many EX's)

+3 Max Elixir
+1 Float Stone

If you don't like the max elixirs, I suggest swapping out these 3:
-1 Ninja Boy
-2 Switch

+1 Parallel or other stadium
+1 Float stone
+1 Lysandre

+1 Parallel or other stadium

Faded Town is really awesome when you go against Mega decks, I would probably replace Scorched Earth for it, and Parallel is great for knocking your own weakened Pokemon for a sort of prize denial, or for narrowing your opponent's bench.

i have made some imporvements given both your suggestions and experience. i have elixirs now given that ive had a lacluster start most of the time, and it is usually not enough to just attach energy to one pokemon at a time, even though it has 230 hp, it can get 2 shot, and you need 3 turns to load a zygarde manually, in addition you can max elixir to shaymin/regirock/hoopa and ninjaboy out a zygarde later. i am considering a 4'rth one switched for either a vs seeker, or ranger mabye. or hex even'

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 1 Carbink FAC 50
* 3 Regirock-EX FAC 43
* 4 Zygarde-EX FAC 54
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Switch ROS 91
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 8 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

At some point, you could have a stranded Regirock EX in the active position; so, consider incorporating an Olympia which provides some healing and switch your Active, but more important, is reusable via VS Seeker.

It's looking better, although I would personally keep the 2-2 line of Carbink in case of them being prized.

The thing is that i have not found them tat useful. So the space was neccecary. But i will check it out

Well if you don't find them as useful, you could always cut out Carbink entirely, and give you two more spaces for consistency or tech cards.

nah. what i mean is that it is useful. but not neccecary to win. so therefore if it is prixed it is usually not the end of the world. but if i have it. it is ok because you can charge up another zygarde with strong energies.

It's looking better, although I would personally keep the 2-2 line of Carbink in case of them being prized.
I definitely agree with this; for there are times when you may need to "wall" your opponent's EX Pokémon with the Safeguard Carbink. This can actually help to win games.

Back