• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kyogre's WaterBox

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I have been thinking for a while about what to do with water box after rotation. This is what I decided. Please let me know what I should add or take out. Thank you ;);)

New Updated List!

~~Pokemon(14)~~
3 Kyogre EX PRC
2 Primal Kyogre EX PRC
2 Manaphy EX BKP
1 Palkia EX BKP
1 Glaceon EX FCO
1 Articuno ROS 17
1 Regice AOR
1 Hoopa EX AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(33)~~
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Ninja Boy
1 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
2 Energy Switch
1 Professors Letter
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Reset
1 Dive Ball
3 Kyogre Spirit Link

4 Rough Seas

~~Energy(13)~~
13 Water energy

*Placed your updated list in the first post to readers can access it easily
--My Little Keldeo

Last edited:
I would add more dive balls, they just about guarntee value with your lineup, I also think Octillery might do more justice in this sort of deck

I would add more dive balls, they just about guarntee value with your lineup, I also think Octillery might do more justice in this sort of deck

I agree with the octillery, I'll just have to get one first.... also if I do take out Shaymin I will definitely add more dive balls

Keep in mind, most decks will run one Pokemon Ranger. Assuming most decks have four VS Seekers, it will make this deck easy to shut down. I thought this deck would be really cool too. I think they released ranger because Jolteon, Regice, etc. were too strong

Im curious as to how Fighting Fury Belt has treated you? in my waterbox it didnt do much only really helping Palkia

I would remove them for some more supporters ( Mainly an extra Sycamore, N and a Ninja Boy/Skyla)

What Pokemon is your preferred starter? If it is Palkia (which I would guess it is), I would increase the count by at least two. In addition, in a Kyogre-centric build, I would take out the FFBs, as they can not be used with your preferred attacker. I would also add a Professor's Letter so you can maximize your chances of getting the full two attachments on Kyogre per turn. Finally, I would add a Ninja Boy, as all your energy costs are basically the same (this allows some tricky Articuno/Glaceon plays).

What Pokemon is your preferred starter? If it is Palkia (which I would guess it is), I would increase the count by at least two. In addition, in a Kyogre-centric build, I would take out the FFBs, as they can not be used with your preferred attacker. I would also add a Professor's Letter so you can maximize your chances of getting the full two attachments on Kyogre per turn. Finally, I would add a Ninja Boy, as all your energy costs are basically the same (this allows some tricky Articuno/Glaceon plays).
Im curious as to how Fighting Fury Belt has treated you? in my waterbox it didnt do much only really helping Palkia

I would remove them for some more supporters ( Mainly an extra Sycamore, N and a Ninja Boy/Skyla)

Thanks for the help! I have made some changes recently, which I will be posting shortly.

*EDIT*

~~Pokemon(12)~~
2 Kyogre EX PRC
2 Primal Kyogre PRC
1 Palkia EX BKP
1 Glaceon EX FAC
2 Manaphy EX BKP
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Articuno ROS
1 Regice AOR

~~Trainers(34)~~
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Ninja Boy
1 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixer
3 Energy Switch
1 Energy Reset
1 Super Rod
1 Professors Letter
1 Dive Ball
3 Kyogre Spirit Link
4 Rough Seas

~~Energy(13)~~
13 Water

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Palkia Ex as I prefer the straight Max Elixir route; My Boi YellowSwellow has a deck list which uses Primal Kyorge -

Max Elixir is much easier and faster to use, and I don't have to waste two turns setting up a Palika to set up 2 energy on the Pokemon I wanted in the first place. I was building a different style of Kyogre but have ended up turning it more into a water box deck. Max Elixir is really good and can be used throughout the game, without giving up prizes or turns.

Max Elixir is much easier and faster to use, and I don't have to waste two turns setting up a Palika to set up 2 energy on the Pokemon I wanted in the first place. I was building a different style of Kyogre but have ended up turning it more into a water box deck. Max Elixir is really good and can be used throughout the game, without giving up prizes or turns.

TBH its not a question if you go palkia or max elixer, i run both (4 max elixer and 1 palkia) and it works just fine

I would suggest removing Energy Switch. While not a bad card by any means, Primal Kyogre-EX and Ninja Boy essentially fill this role for you by reassigning your Energy as needed. It seems like Primal Kyogre-EX is your foremost attacker, so I would suggest thickening the line a little. You do run three Kyogre Spirit Links, but only a 2-2 line. I would suggest at least one more Kyogre-EX to maximize your chances of getting it on the first turn. You could consider a third Primal Kyogre-EX, but since this is a toolbox deck rather than a strict Kyogre build, it may not be necessary. Hoopa-EX is another valuable option for you, as your list is very EX heavy. With the last open space from removing the three Energy Switch I would strongly recommend a fourth copy of Professor Sycamore. I do not wish to restructure your entire deck engine, however four Professor Sycamore is practically universal; it is usually the ideal Supporter for your opening turn, and has utility all the way to the late game.

With that in mind, I would suggest the following changes:

-3 Energy Switch
+1 Kyogre-EX
+1 Hoopa-EX
+1 Professor Sycamore

Last edited:
not an attack that cost 2 energy

Lol well personally I play both in the deck. But if I had to choose one over the other I'd go palkia. Simply due to the fact that I'm doing damage while setting up and adding energies. It works 100% if palkia has 2 Energy. I've had instances where max elixir misses 4 times in a match. I like consistency lol but like I said I play both.

Lol well personally I play both in the deck. But if I had to choose one over the other I'd go palkia. Simply due to the fact that I'm doing damage while setting up and adding energies. It works 100% if palkia has 2 Energy. I've had instances where max elixir misses 4 times in a match. I like consistency lol but like I said I play both.
i use both as well and having a secondary energy accelerator that you can Ninja Boy out of is really nice when Max Elixers just hate you.

New Updated List!

~~Pokemon(14)~~
3 Kyogre EX PRC
2 Primal Kyogre EX PRC
2 Manaphy EX BKP
1 Palkia EX BKP
1 Glaceon EX FCO
1 Articuno ROS 17
1 Regice AOR
1 Hoopa EX AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(33)~~